Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448499 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1095 on: November 18, 2019, 03:40:08 PM »

1) What Logos said. You're not selling it (yet) so the Mouse can eat cheese and shut up.

2) The Bell pommel's got me screwed up (in a good way). Its such a unique take, point to you FT!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1096 on: November 18, 2019, 03:59:32 PM »

I'm liking how your take on the Beskar metal for the Mandalorian lightsaber, For. It goes well with the AB blade, love it! Points incoming
[qoute]
1) I love the simplistic yet still representative design of this hilt.

2) Damn the Mouse. Copyright, trademark, and patent laws only prevent you from profiting. So go nuts.
1) What Logos said. You're not selling it (yet) so the Mouse can eat cheese and shut up.

2) The Bell pommel's got me screwed up (in a good way). Its such a unique take, point to you FT!

Hi Infinit, Logos and Psycho....thanks guys, glad you approve. I always cover my back regards copyright as I know some "Other Companies" such as the Mouse are touchy about that kinda stuff.

The design itself was to replace an old design I made a few years back for the Mandalorian Super Commandos (the Mandos with red armour, horned helmets and jet packs). So this hilt is really a mix of details from these commandos, bits of detail from Boba and Jango and the colour scheme of the New Mando. Just so glad it turned out well.

Points and thanks to all as always!

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #1097 on: November 18, 2019, 07:19:21 PM »

Dude...just...dude!  I love how you incorporated the faceplate.  That could help translate it to different colors for various other Mandalorian characters.  Strong work as always!

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1098 on: November 18, 2019, 07:34:30 PM »

Dude...just...dude!  I love how you incorporated the faceplate.  That could help translate it to different colors for various other Mandalorian characters.  Strong work as always!

Hi HanSolo!

Have you been snooping in my workshop? I do have a Boba Fett version in green and maybe a Darth Revan modification in the works! I'm glad you liked and mentioned the faceplate as I forgot to mention the black visor section works as the activation mechanism. I imagined it to be a touch sensor, swipe your thumb up the visor to activate the saber, swipe down to switch off...and the two attachments on the sides of the hilt (or helmet) could incorporate Tactile Auxiliary Switches for blaster block and lockup effects!

Thanks again for the kind words, they keep me designing! Point on the way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1099 on: November 19, 2019, 12:58:04 AM »

Hello Everybody,

While I am here I may as well just post my latest tinkering effort. I was bored and have always wanted a Sentinel V4 LE but can't afford one just yet (awaiting some monies owed from my bank still) sooo I built one in Blender for fun.

I think it turned out quite nice, now I just need to decide how I'm gonna modify it  Grin

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1100 on: November 19, 2019, 09:40:42 PM »

Some more great saber designs as always. That Mando saber is EXCELENT !!!  Shocked Shocked
 So point to you for your impressive skills and sharing your designs. The FORCE is strong with you my friend.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1101 on: November 20, 2019, 03:45:39 AM »

Some more great saber designs as always. That Mando saber is EXCELENT !!!  Shocked Shocked
 So point to you for your impressive skills and sharing your designs. The FORCE is strong with you my friend.

Hi MavRick, thanks man, I'm really happy how the Mando saber turned out considering I knew nothing about the new show. All I have seen are the few trailers and a couple of promo shots. With all the negative publicity surrounding Star Wars as a whole since TFA I have avoided the preview gossip and review sites and videos. So the inspirations for my design were as I mentioned in my post.

And I can't take credit for the Sentinel LE model I was just bored and had half an hour spare to mess around and built the model  Grin One day when my finances improve a real Consular Green Sentinel will be mine.

Thanks again for the kind compliment and I hope to continue to impress you. Point on the way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1102 on: November 23, 2019, 02:33:38 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Saturday means new saber day! And today I have a SPECIAL saber to show you all, however, it did cause some consternation among fans when it first appeared. And as a disclaimer, I built this model the same day the first Rise of Skywalker trailer dropped and I made the model with a D-Ring and without T-Grip rivets...but when I saw a better quality image I fixed it, ok? You want to know what saber it is then?....here is my "Greyflex"...

http://youtu.be/b3mj-7_v9OY

I also discovered a new feature in Blender that makes Sculpting models easier and it is called "MatCap Shading". This shading technique applies a basic single texture over the entire model to use as a quick reference to see how a model looks as you progress but I discovered you could create pictures of your model in the shaded texture so I present to you a 24 Carat Greyflex!...

Thanks everyone for checking this hilt out, and believe it or not, I still have MORE hilts to show you all, so please check back for new stuff coming up!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1103 on: November 23, 2019, 03:40:12 PM »

Nice one Tyeth, the gold is very regal looking.  Wink
 I still want the Graphlex saber from Ultra Sabers very much, but it will have to wait. This is what happens when we have to be responsible adults.  Huh Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1104 on: November 23, 2019, 03:57:40 PM »

Nice one Tyeth, the gold is very regal looking.  Wink
 I still want the Graphlex saber from Ultra Sabers very much, but it will have to wait. This is what happens when we have to be responsible adults.  Huh Wink

Thanks MavRick, I totally understand the responsible adulting bit - pay your bills/buy food or buy a saber? I know which I'd prefer....

The gold version of the hilt is really just the model with the Sculpting texture applied. In Blender you can actually make a model as if using clay, where you can take a "blob" and scrape, push, pull and stretch it into organic shapes (humans, aliens and plants etc). And to get a better view of the shape you apply this Material Capture skin (hence MatCap). There are various skins available including a nice brushed aluminium one and a rather striking green skin with neon like highlights!

Thanks again for the kind words and a point on it's way to you.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1105 on: November 25, 2019, 05:48:18 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Saturday means new saber day! And today I have a SPECIAL saber to show you all, however, it did cause some consternation among fans when it first appeared. And as a disclaimer, I built this model the same day the first Rise of Skywalker trailer dropped and I made the model with a D-Ring and without T-Grip rivets...but when I saw a better quality image I fixed it, ok? You want to know what saber it is then?....here is my "Greyflex"...
Points for the horrendous pun.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1106 on: November 25, 2019, 06:10:34 PM »

Points for the horrendous pun.

Hello Logos, yeah apologies for the name but some "Other Guys" used the other variation of the word Graflex I was gonna use! So as a way to try and make up for the unintended pun how about a something...something Darkside version?

Hopefully this will go some way to restore my reputation  Grin
Thanks as always and a point on the way to you.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1107 on: November 25, 2019, 06:41:37 PM »

I'm loving your last few renditions, For. That Sentinel LE V4 though, points incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1108 on: November 25, 2019, 07:52:28 PM »

I'm loving your last few renditions, For. That Sentinel LE V4 though, points incoming.

Thanks Infinit, I believe you have a Sentinel so I thought I'd join the club! Sort of!
I now have an Initiate, an Aeon, this Sentinel and a D...oh sorry I can't mention the last hilt it's a "Top Secret Project"  Lips sealed

Point on it's way to you for your support.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1109 on: November 25, 2019, 09:59:41 PM »

I like the look of both of the Graflex you have just updated, I especially like the Dark Graflex. I can understand keeping the silver rivets on the Dark Graflex, they would disappear otherwise.

Another point to ya.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: