Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448740 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1110 on: November 25, 2019, 10:56:31 PM »

Thanks Infinit, I believe you have a Sentinel so I thought I'd join the club! Sort of!
I now have an Initiate, an Aeon, this Sentinel and a D...oh sorry I can't mention the last hilt it's a "Top Secret Project"  Lips sealed

Point on it's way to you for your support.

You're welcome.  I never gave it a thought until I own them and I'm now a fan. I have twin Sentinel LE V4s and they are great!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1111 on: November 25, 2019, 11:40:44 PM »

I like the look of both of the Graflex you have just updated, I especially like the Dark Graflex. I can understand keeping the silver rivets on the Dark Graflex, they would disappear otherwise.

Hello chalion, thanks, I'm glad you like the updates. I intentionally kept the hexhead screws silver as I realised just what you said, they would have disappeared if I'd made them black. It's these little details that make a big difference and can make or break a design.

point on the way for your great feedback.

You're welcome.  I never gave it a thought until I own them and I'm now a fan. I have twin Sentinel LE V4s and they are great!

And thank you Infinit, that's an impressive pair of Sentinels - though personally I would have included windows if I got one.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1112 on: November 25, 2019, 11:50:26 PM »

These were given to me as gifts, I like them though

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1113 on: November 26, 2019, 05:42:10 PM »

These were given to me as gifts, I like them though
Although I, like For, prefer windows, I was brought up to never look a gift horse in the mouth, as you apparently were, too.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1114 on: November 26, 2019, 05:51:05 PM »

Although I, like For, prefer windows, I was brought up to never look a gift horse in the mouth, as you apparently were, too.

Agreed. I'm happy with them and don't miss the windows at all

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1115 on: November 26, 2019, 09:33:05 PM »

Hi Cyclops and Infinit,

This is what I like about the saber community...it's diversity in taste. Some like windows, some don't...luckily I design hilts with all sorts of features for all sorts of tastes.

But at this time of year of Thanksgiving we all appreciate what we have and any gifts we may receive which is great.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who observe the holiday!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1116 on: November 26, 2019, 09:55:27 PM »

Agreed, the diversity is good since it's good to see someone else's take on a saber just like yours.

Happy Thanksgiving if I don't talk to you by then

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1117 on: November 27, 2019, 11:21:14 PM »

Hello Everybody,

While I am here I may as well just post my latest tinkering effort. I was bored and have always wanted a Sentinel V4 LE but can't afford one just yet (awaiting some monies owed from my bank still) sooo I built one in Blender for fun.

I think it turned out quite nice, now I just need to decide how I'm gonna modify it  Grin

I absolutely LOVE the v4 Sentinel hilt(s) and FT's renderings are NO exception!  Not only is this a fantastic interpretation of the saber but one that makes me appreciate the attention to detail that FT has  Smiley

In fact, here are two v4s that I have:

The Dark Sentinel I bought (for a raffle entry) with BR, windowed emitters, Obsidian sound, red-illuminated AV switch, and black Renegade pommel.
The v4 LE I got as a Mystery Box, one that came with Premium Sound (lucky me!) and GB blade which I then modded with a Renegade LE pommel.
Inadvertently they are kind of the yin&yang of one another (just too bad that the LE didn't come with a blue-illuminated AV switch but I'm not complaining; like I said: I lucked out  Wink)
Hello Everybody,

Saturday means new saber day! And today I have a SPECIAL saber to show you all, however, it did cause some consternation among fans when it first appeared. And as a disclaimer, I built this model the same day the first Rise of Skywalker trailer dropped and I made the model with a D-Ring and without T-Grip rivets...but when I saw a better quality image I fixed it, ok? You want to know what saber it is then?....here is my "Greyflex"...

http://youtu.be/b3mj-7_v9OY

I also discovered a new feature in Blender that makes Sculpting models easier and it is called "MatCap Shading". This shading technique applies a basic single texture over the entire model to use as a quick reference to see how a model looks as you progress but I discovered you could create pictures of your model in the shaded texture so I present to you a 24 Carat Greyflex!...

Thanks everyone for checking this hilt out, and believe it or not, I still have MORE hilts to show you all, so please check back for new stuff coming up!

Absolutely LOVE the GREY-flex (nice one, FT  Cheesy)!

BUT what's REALLY awesome is the model revealing the innards!  I have to say: THIS IS IMPRESSIVE!

NICE set Infinit01!  I bet those look AWESOME when you dual-wield them  Grin   What color are they?

Hi Cyclops and Infinit,

This is what I like about the saber community...it's diversity in taste. Some like windows, some don't...luckily I design hilts with all sorts of features for all sorts of tastes.

But at this time of year of Thanksgiving we all appreciate what we have and any gifts we may receive which is great.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who observe the holiday!

Agreed, the diversity is good since it's good to see someone else's take on a saber just like yours.

Happy Thanksgiving if I don't talk to you by then

Like my esteemed fellow saber enthusiasts have already stated: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

...oh yeah, and Points  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1118 on: November 28, 2019, 07:53:32 PM »

Hello Dutch,

Thank you for the kind comments on my latest models and tributes. The Sentinel V4 LE was the first hilt that grabbed my attention (aside from the Consular which I also considered as it is a canon inspired hilt). And I like the pair you have also...just goes to show how good the hilt is, everyone I have chatted to have had two or more Sentinels in their collection!

I felt I had to ramp up the level of detail in my models and realised a lot of online artists model a saber and render them but that's all they do. None of them actually model the inner workings, and as far as I know they don't animate a crystal reveal chamber.

Thanks once more and I shall endeavour to continue to push my limits! Point on the way to you.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1119 on: November 28, 2019, 09:54:39 PM »

NICE set Infinit01!  I bet those look AWESOME when you dual-wield them  Grin   What color are they?
Like my esteemed fellow saber enthusiasts have already stated: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

...oh yeah, and Points  Wink

Thank you, Dutch! They are both Arctic Blue and I'm loving it!  The Sentinel V4 are definitely a sight to be hold and one must own them to truly appreciate their beauty.

Have some points back!

Happy Thanksgiving, my Saberforum family!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1120 on: November 30, 2019, 03:32:31 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Wow it's Saturday again and so another saber deign. Today I am posting hilt two of my Mandalorian inspired sabers and this one is for the original and best...Boba Fett!

I'll be honest this is mostly a repaint in Boba's colour scheme but I did add a yellow panel on the side of the hilt to represent his shoulder pad armour...and if you look ever so close just above the left eye area of his "visor" you may just about see a dent as found on his helmet!

Anyhoo, thanks once again for checking this hilt out. I have another Master Series hilt to post soon and I have been working on a more elegantly curved hilt with slanted emitter (as suggested in the What we want from US thread) I also have a pair of hilts for a mystery lady from The Rise of Skwalker too!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1121 on: November 30, 2019, 06:00:06 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Wow it's Saturday again and so another saber deign. Today I am posting hilt two of my Mandalorian inspired sabers and this one is for the original and best...Boba Fett!

I'll be honest this is mostly a repaint in Boba's colour scheme but I did add a yellow panel on the side of the hilt to represent his shoulder pad armour...and if you look ever so close just above the left eye area of his "visor" you may just about see a dent as found on his helmet!

Anyhoo, thanks once again for checking this hilt out. I have another Master Series hilt to post soon and I have been working on a more elegantly curved hilt with slanted emitter (as suggested in the What we want from US thread) I also have a pair of hilts for a mystery lady from The Rise of Skwalker too!
OK I got caught up with The Mandalorian CH.4 and I have to say: this eponymously-inspired saber is SPOT ON!! 

Great job FT!

Looking forward to your Master Series work  Smiley

Point!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1122 on: November 30, 2019, 06:08:32 PM »

I'm digging that Boba design, For. Looks like an original design

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1123 on: November 30, 2019, 07:00:41 PM »

Hello Dutch and Infinit,

@Infinit :This saber is an original, I designed it to look no-nonsense and aggressive yet sleek and simple. The fancy switch plate was modeled to look like a Mando helmet (with a touch sensitive sensor for the activation switch) and the pommel is based on their jetpack's nozzles. I added a "dent" by deforming one of the panels.

And @Dutch, glad I hit the mark! I haven't seen any of the new series yet (thanks Disney for the March launch date in the UK!) but at least I knew a bit about Boba!
Again the main green colour looks a shade or two off but that is due to the scenery lighting (Blender can use a photograph and "project" the image including the light information onto the model to create realistic reflections)

And I hope you do like the Master Series hilt I have coming up, it is the one I promised you way back...a certain thin neck saber from Ep.6  Cool

Thanks to both of you and points on the way.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #1124 on: November 30, 2019, 09:58:55 PM »

Hello Dutch and Infinit,

@Infinit :This saber is an original, I designed it to look no-nonsense and aggressive yet sleek and simple. The fancy switch plate was modeled to look like a Mando helmet (with a touch sensitive sensor for the activation switch) and the pommel is based on their jetpack's nozzles. I added a "dent" by deforming one of the panels.

And @Dutch, glad I hit the mark! I haven't seen any of the new series yet (thanks Disney for the March launch date in the UK!) but at least I knew a bit about Boba!
Again the main green colour looks a shade or two off but that is due to the scenery lighting (Blender can use a photograph and "project" the image including the light information onto the model to create realistic reflections)

And I hope you do like the Master Series hilt I have coming up, it is the one I promised you way back...a certain thin neck saber from Ep.6  Cool

Thanks to both of you and points on the way.
SQUEE!!!  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: