Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 447972 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1200 on: January 16, 2020, 09:35:36 PM »

Like these?

Yup.

I am wondering, if US does build one, could they make the actual neck tube a bit wider, to improve strength and through-put?

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1201 on: January 16, 2020, 09:47:30 PM »

Yup.

I am wondering, if US does build one, could they make the actual neck tube a bit wider, to improve strength and through-put?
I'm confused. They have already developed a combat capable thin neck.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1202 on: January 16, 2020, 10:11:36 PM »

I'm confused. They have already developed a combat capable thin neck.

Yes ... and no.  The Archon V3.1s have a history of bending in heavy dueling, and they also have illumination issues in some cases.  From what I've seen they actually don't like tri-cree LEDs because the three lenses are not centered.

So...  Maybe on the Leia saber that center tube is a little wider and heavier?  Just sayin'

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1203 on: January 17, 2020, 12:39:09 AM »

Yes ... and no.  The Archon V3.1s have a history of bending in heavy dueling, and they also have illumination issues in some cases.  From what I've seen they actually don't like tri-cree LEDs because the three lenses are not centered.

So...  Maybe on the Leia saber that center tube is a little wider and heavier?  Just sayin'

Or maybe the emitter end can be deeper so the led is above the neck? It would require a totally new emitter though. Plus, a different way of putting the electronics together. Maybe something like how the Catalyst is constructed?

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1204 on: January 17, 2020, 08:51:39 PM »

Hi Guys,

Sorry late responding, I had "Adulting" things I had to attend to today. But now I have sorted out the Banking Clans on Coruscant I can chat again!

To Logos., Tri Cree LEDs have the diodes spread around the corners of a triangle shape on the printed circuit board (aka as a PCB or "Star") whereas the LEDs that "Other Guys" use have the diodes centered in a cluster. These diode clusters shine directly up the thin neck tube whereas traditional Tri Crees' diodes line up with the tube walls. You can use different focusing lenses or place a roll of Mylar foil inside the thin neck to try and "bounce" light down the neck but these aren't perfect solutions.

And in regards to duel-worthiness thin necks do suffer. They have been known to bend (bought from all manufacturers) if not break. So the Leia saber might benefit from a slightly wider thin-neck section (from certain angles it looks as if it may be thicker than the Luke and Obi-Wan necks anyway - just hard to tell sometimes as lighting and perspectives can affect proportions when viewing an object).

And to Karmack: Dark version with copper, gold and an Orange blade (or is that colour Tangerine? - Or Yellow or Amber like Rey's hilt?  Grin) added to my list OK! I'll probably send these updates via PM for you and Logos unless everyone wants to see them.

Thanks to all for the commentary and kind words, points all round.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1205 on: January 17, 2020, 09:22:34 PM »

And to Karmack: Dark version with copper, gold and an Orange blade (or is that colour Tangerine? - Or Yellow or Amber like Rey's hilt?  Grin) added to my list OK! I'll probably send these updates via PM for you and Logos unless everyone wants to see them.

Thanks to all for the commentary and kind words, points all round.

Well OF COURSE we want to see them!!!!  If you’re going to the trouble and time of making new renders, then PLEASE share them with the rest of the class!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1206 on: January 17, 2020, 09:30:32 PM »

Well OF COURSE we want to see them!!!!  If you’re going to the trouble and time of making new renders, then PLEASE share them with the rest of the class!

Agreed!

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1207 on: January 17, 2020, 09:31:35 PM »

Third! :-)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1208 on: January 17, 2020, 09:38:41 PM »

May the FOURTHED be with you

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1209 on: January 17, 2020, 10:11:52 PM »

May the FOURTHED be with you

GROOOOOANNNNNNNN!!!!!

I love it!  POINT!

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1210 on: January 18, 2020, 03:56:51 AM »

Ok guys and girls! I get the message...I will work on the updated renders but in the meantime I have to announce some

SPOILERS! SPOILERS!....SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

In case you haven't seen the new movie stop reading now....I am about to finish my collection of TRoS inspired hilts and there's only one left isn't there?...May I present "Rey's Crown Saber"....

Here is the pre-render preview I showed a few members via PM for feedback...

But you'll want to see the full colour Glamour Shots so here you go...

Oh and you know that Activation Switch Cog thingy? Check out the demo...

http://youtu.be/sWnykF3T9GY

Just a quick technical detail..the leather wrap on this model is actually 3D modeled and textured to look like a strip of leather then curled around the hilt!

Finally I mentioned I "finished my collection" well here is the TRoS collection together...ALL four new hilts seen in the movie and all built and modeled before my contemporaries!...

That concludes my TRoS sabers (unless I think up a saber for Babu Frick or someone else). Thanks for the fantastically kind comments on my models and I hope you like my Crown Saber.

P.S. The blade is a colour called "Yellow Optimism" - not yellow, not amber...but Yellow Optimism....I have spoken! Wink

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1211 on: January 18, 2020, 04:55:55 AM »

Again, I have nothing to say but WOW... you have outdone yourself this time!

POINT for sure!

EDIT:  Well, a point as soon as I can... sometimes this 24-hour waiting period for points can be frustrating, but I understand at least part of why it’s necessary.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1212 on: January 18, 2020, 06:58:58 AM »

Ooh, I love the Rey's Crown. Beautiful once again For.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #1213 on: January 18, 2020, 12:24:00 PM »

They're truly beautiful, For.

Wish there was a way to get 'em into production!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1214 on: January 18, 2020, 09:50:01 PM »

Again, I have nothing to say but WOW... you have outdone yourself this time!

POINT for sure!

EDIT:  Well, a point as soon as I can... sometimes this 24-hour waiting period for points can be frustrating, but I understand at least part of why it’s necessary.
Ooh, I love the Rey's Crown. Beautiful once again For.
They're truly beautiful, For.

Wish there was a way to get 'em into production!

Thanks Cyclops, Taegin and Tazflyr your comments are much appreciated. To be fair I was just recreating Rey and Leia's hilts but it's nice to be told I did them justice. I actually predicted on my site way back on Sept 7th 2016 that Rey would use the end of her staff to make her saber and I built a 3D model of it (but I can't show it here as I had to use parts from "Other Guys"). I gave the hilts (as I thought she might use both ends to make a pair for a Jar Kai style) green and purple blades, however I did this because they were complimentary colours and this was before Disney rebooted the Kyber Crystal lore!

And to Tazflyr, I am currently in "negotiations" and may have access to a 3D printer later in the year so you never know FT Editions may make it into the "Solid World"....but if a nice custom saber manufacturer would like to work with me....walks away whistling quietly....

Points on the way to all and thanks again.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: