Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448540 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1245 on: January 24, 2020, 07:16:04 PM »

Haha! Yes, but at least this one doesn't have a "Band-Aid Activation Box Clamp"!
Too true. And to be honest, I wouldn't have minded the Band-Aid Flex, if I were more comfortable that the character had adequate knowledge and skill to repair a saber that badly damaged. However, if someone had that level of skill, WHY wouldn't they just build a new saber? Anakin's saber took the same kind of damage on Geonosis, but he ended up with an entirely new hilt.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1246 on: January 24, 2020, 07:26:33 PM »

Hi guys,

@Infinit, I had been aware of this hilt for a while but it always sat at the back of my mind as it wasn't a "mainstream" character hilt seen on screen regularly (and I can't afford to consume as much EU/Legends material to have seen it there).

@Logos, I too admit that the fixed flex has grown on me, but that's probably because I modeled it myself and got to see it differently as I built my model.
Regards as to why Rey didn't just build a new hilt and instead patched the Skywalker hilt, I'm not sure exactly how much time passed between TLJ and TRoS. I wonder if Rey didn't have much opportunity to source new parts? I need to read up on that, however I have scoured the Imperial and Resistance databases and discovered the emitter of Rey's new yellow hilt (and part of her staff) was actually a part called a "Star Destroyer Capacitor Bearing"

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1247 on: January 24, 2020, 07:33:32 PM »

Hi guys,

@Infinit, I had been aware of this hilt for a while but it always sat at the back of my mind as it wasn't a "mainstream" character hilt seen on screen regularly (and I can't afford to consume as much EU/Legends material to have seen it there).

@Logos, I too admit that the fixed flex has grown on me, but that's probably because I modeled it myself and got to see it differently as I built my model.
Regards as to why Rey didn't just build a new hilt and instead patched the Skywalker hilt, I'm not sure exactly how much time passed between TLJ and TRoS. I wonder if Rey didn't have much opportunity to source new parts? I need to read up on that, however I have scoured the Imperial and Resistance databases and discovered the emitter of Rey's new yellow hilt (and part of her staff) was actually a part called a "Star Destroyer Capacitor Bearing"

Her line to Leia "I swear I'll become worthy to use your brother's saber" or something like that also may indicate that Rey and Leia felt it would have more meaning for her to take up the mantle with Luke's saber. All in all, Im glad she eventually got her own.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1248 on: January 24, 2020, 07:46:47 PM »

Hi Psycho,

Yes there is that aspect too, it was poignant that the Skywalker Legacy hilt was used in the "final restoration" after all it had gone through. And it was a token passed down through the Skywalker fanily and it's students. Maybe everything worked out how it should or to paraphrase...this was the way (it had to end).

(I also know that Lucasfilm bought six Flex hilts from a certain source to build the props for TLJ and maybe LF wanted to get the full value out of their purchase  Grin)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1249 on: January 24, 2020, 08:33:11 PM »

Sounds a bit contrived. Pommel I will believe, but that janky emitter.....nah.

This looks suspiciously like a machine tool holder.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #1250 on: January 24, 2020, 08:38:57 PM »

Sounds a bit contrived. Pommel I will believe, but that janky emitter.....nah.

This looks suspiciously like a machine tool holder.

Probably is. Ive always loved SW's propensity for turning everyday objects into props. I think one of my personal favorites is the magnaguards faces being the back of spray cans.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1251 on: January 24, 2020, 08:49:00 PM »

Probably is. I've always loved SW's propensity for turning everyday objects into props. I think one of my personal favorites is the magnaguards faces being the back of spray cans.
Huh?  Undecided

Mine is Qui Gon's communicator being made from a lady razor. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #1252 on: January 24, 2020, 08:55:26 PM »

Huh?  Undecided

I quote that from my RotS artbook - will share once im home and have a minute to find the exact page

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1253 on: January 26, 2020, 06:11:56 AM »

Hi Logos and Psycho, Everyone....

I found the info about the Capacitor Bearing from an image in a visual dictionary so we all know how accurate they are! (Anyone remember Mace Windu's lightsaber on his photoshoot?) But it is fun trying to pick out and source the real world parts and pieces used for prop making and scenery construction.

But back to designing and I had a rummage around my workshop and you'll never guess what I found under a pile of spare parts....a crate of...well I'll show you some pictures...

Yep I gotta couple of crates of Beskar!....

I plan on investing my find in the commodities, stocks and ForEx markets but I have kept a box in reserve so I can make a few Mandalawrian Beskar Special Edition hilts!

Oh and I know, the hilt would look better with a "Darksaber" blade but no-one can make them right? Well I can!...How does this look?

I have been tinkering with the blade containment field generators to create the shape of the balde and the power distro controls to concentrate the power to the edges of the blade (leaving the black core!). Hope you all like the "Mandalawrian BSE"

And one final comment, to Logos, I am still working on the ebony Leia hilt but finding a suitable material that shows detail is proving a bit harder than I imagined (the problem being black pattern details on a black background is hard to make out) but I will crack it.

Thanks everyone for looking in on this design and for your continued support.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1254 on: January 27, 2020, 12:26:14 PM »

What a beauty and made from Beskar at that, fitting for a Mando Jedi... Or Sith

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #1255 on: January 27, 2020, 03:11:22 PM »

Huh?  Undecided

I quote that from my RotS artbook - will share once im home and have a minute to find the exact page

Found it!

Hi Logos and Psycho, Everyone....

I found the info about the Capacitor Bearing from an image in a visual dictionary so we all know how accurate they are! (Anyone remember Mace Windu's lightsaber on his photoshoot?) But it is fun trying to pick out and source the real world parts and pieces used for prop making and scenery construction.

But back to designing and I had a rummage around my workshop and you'll never guess what I found under a pile of spare parts....a crate of...well I'll show you some pictures...

Yep I gotta couple of crates of Beskar!....

I plan on investing my find in the commodities, stocks and ForEx markets but I have kept a box in reserve so I can make a few Mandalawrian Beskar Special Edition hilts!

Oh and I know, the hilt would look better with a "Darksaber" blade but no-one can make them right? Well I can!...How does this look?

I have been tinkering with the blade containment field generators to create the shape of the balde and the power distro controls to concentrate the power to the edges of the blade (leaving the black core!). Hope you all like the "Mandalawrian BSE"

And one final comment, to Logos, I am still working on the ebony Leia hilt but finding a suitable material that shows detail is proving a bit harder than I imagined (the problem being black pattern details on a black background is hard to make out) but I will crack it.

Thanks everyone for looking in on this design and for your continued support.

Beautiful blade, For!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1256 on: January 27, 2020, 03:46:51 PM »

I've actually created what I believe to be a very convincing method of making a black blade. My only issue with the Dark Saber is the shaped blade.

Perhaps use a dark charcoal grey for the background and black for the wood grain.

Found it!

I looked up the Magnaguard face. I'm not seeing a spray nozzle.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #1257 on: January 27, 2020, 03:49:28 PM »

I looked up the Magnaguard face. I'm not seeing a spray nozzle.

To be fair I dont immediately either, I'm just re-iterating whats in the official artbook

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1258 on: January 27, 2020, 03:55:02 PM »

Hi Infinit and Psycho,

Thanks guys, it's amazing what I find under all the clutter I accumulate. The Beskar effect is a distortion technique applied to the metallic texture that creates "waves" or "rings". This technique is quite useful if you want to build a fictional 3D map as you can create contour lines on a flat panel then extrude or drag the lines upward to build the topology.

The "Darksaber" style blade I have had since I built my "Speeder" hilt way back when I started this thread. It started out as a flat acrylic blade but I added an extra layer around the edge of the blade and gave it an emission texture (emission textures are coloured surfaces that give off light - all the blades I use are cylinders with emission textures and I then use Blender to add a glow and blur effect when I composite the image). I just need to add a layer of glowing lightning bolts now.

Thanks again for the comments, points incoming....

And I wonder if my recent little animations inspired Ultrasaber's deign team  Roll Eyes  Grin

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1259 on: January 27, 2020, 04:03:14 PM »

And hi Logos and Psycho again,

@Logos: Thanks for the tip I'll try that, it's just really difficult to get any contrast to show off the grain with black and charcoal being so dark and close to each other.

I too have an idea on how to make a Darksaber blade using some tech from the world of modified cars but the blade would still be a display blade and not duel worthy.

Regards props again sometimes you just have to catch a glimpse of an object from a different angle and then it becomes apparent what the prop was made from. I have found myself tilting my head a lot more while watching movies to view stuff differently just to work things like this out!

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: