Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 450188 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1290 on: March 01, 2020, 10:15:43 PM »

Nice very true to the real version, but with a few sci-fi like twists with the windows etc.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1291 on: March 01, 2020, 11:33:19 PM »

Nice very true to the real version, but with a few sci-fi like twists with the windows etc.

Thanks very much Lord_S_Gray. It was my first attempt at a "real" exotic styled hilt as I had trouble modelling and texturing real complex curved parts on my old laptop. However the one I'm using now has a few more horsepower.
As a result I am just this minute working on a better version of the second hilt I teased in my earlier post. It is more ornate and has jewels in!

Thanks again for the kind comments and a point on it's way to you.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1292 on: March 02, 2020, 01:01:03 AM »

Thanks very much Lord_S_Gray. It was my first attempt at a "real" exotic styled hilt as I had trouble modelling and texturing real complex curved parts on my old laptop. However the one I'm using now has a few more horsepower.

Yeah that will help you out, such image heavy stuff will chew up the memory. look forward to seeing the jewel work especially, could be a great feature in future saber designed for a more opulent look when you master it. Liking the backgrounds too always very well matched to the sabre.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1293 on: March 02, 2020, 03:13:46 AM »

Liking the backgrounds too always very well matched to the sabre.

I have tried to use a suitable photos for my backgrounds but I am struggling to find more. I use special 360deg images called HDRi pictures. As you can guess they are 360deg panoramic scenery pictures and they are specially photographed to contain a lot of light level and colour information. This means I can set the image to show many different angles and set the brightness to replicate different times of day/seasons. But good images, and especially sci-fi themed ones are getting more difficult to find unless you pay for image packs.
However now and then I get a few good free ones like the next picture has....

The background in this sneak peek, is actually the steel mill that was the setting for the final scenes in Terminator! Most of the other pictures I've used are scenic locations such as Table Mountain, White Cliff Top and the Kiara Plains.

I will continue searching for more though as they are much more interesting than a flat coloured back panel!

Thanks again...I'll get back to setting some gems into my hilts  Grin

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1294 on: March 02, 2020, 12:04:29 PM »

So gorgeous, I believe that you portrayed this saber quite well, For. Points for that

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1295 on: March 02, 2020, 05:25:32 PM »

Chop off the menace, and I want just THIS.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1296 on: March 02, 2020, 10:14:41 PM »

Hi Infinit, thanks very much.  I'm not sure if you were talking about the Master Z or my VentressMaul staff but I appreciate the kind words on either!

To Darth Logos....chopped you say? I don't think you should really mention that word near Maul - he's still a bit "cut up" about that chapter in his past  Grin  But I see what you mean and I took a Plasma Cutting Torch to my model and came up with this for you...

Thanks to both of you, points winging their way to you!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1297 on: March 03, 2020, 11:36:33 AM »

I meant this current staff of Darth Maul's that you've created. I like it

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1298 on: March 03, 2020, 12:12:31 PM »

I meant this current staff of Darth Maul's that you've created. I like it

Hi Infinit, Ah ok! I think I may have had a biiiiit of an accident with a plasma cuter and the staff...it's now only half the staff it used to be! (Bit like it's owner only half of what he was).

Don't worry I'm kidding...Blender features Non Destructive editing so a few clicks and I can restore it! Thanks as always.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1299 on: March 03, 2020, 12:44:38 PM »

Whew, I for one like the entire staff although i do like Ventress' saber side more and glad to know that its restorable

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1300 on: March 03, 2020, 02:05:42 PM »

Hi Infinit, thanks very much.  I'm not sure if you were talking about the Master Z or my VentressMaul staff but I appreciate the kind words on either!

To Darth Logos....chopped you say? I don't think you should really mention that word near Maul - he's still a bit "cut up" about that chapter in his past  Grin  But I see what you mean and I took a Plasma Cutting Torch to my model and came up with this for you...

I like the plasma cut effects! +1

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1301 on: March 03, 2020, 02:27:47 PM »

I see what you did there. -_-

All the while Maul is shaking his head thinking, "Not again."

Now I'm trying to conceive a way for US to economically produce this saber with a crystal chamber. Normally I'm not into them, but this one....this one is special. I love the perforated metal of the body. So the crystal chamber is both exposed and not simultaneously.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1302 on: March 03, 2020, 02:54:00 PM »

I like the plasma cut effects! +1

Hi Psycho, thanks muchly. I leant this trick from a YouTube tutorial that showed how to make a lava or molten metal texture. It was just the right thing to use here. I could tweak it a little more to get the colour to blend from the white hot through a dark orange but I guess it wasn't bad for a first attempt. And Blender is all about learning and tweaking things as you go along. Thx as ever.

Now I'm trying to conceive a way for US to economically produce this saber with a crystal chamber. Normally I'm not into them, but this one....this one is special. I love the perforated metal of the body. So the crystal chamber is both exposed and not simultaneously.

I did build a hilt a while back that had a crystal chamber (it's under the grille) for Enfys Nest (Link to post: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg705060#msg705060)

And in case you don't want to go back to the post here's a quick look at it....

Thanks to both of you once more and points on the way when I can award you them.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1303 on: March 03, 2020, 03:03:58 PM »

I did build a hilt a while back that had a crystal chamber (it's under the grille) for Enfys Nest (Link to post: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg705060#msg705060)

And in case you don't want to go back to the post here's a quick look at it....

This was prolly done before I started following this thread.

And it also needs to be made.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1304 on: March 03, 2020, 03:12:32 PM »

Thanks Logos, you might not have seen this one,I forgot how long I've been posting here now...I just checked the number of views of this topic and it's gone through 53,000!

And I didn't realise we think alike so much  Shocked

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: