Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 447524 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1365 on: March 23, 2020, 01:41:05 PM »

Nice Chronolog design, For. I like the floating pyramid within the structure

Hello Infinit, thanks so much, I felt I needed to branch out into other objects to model and Logos offered me this challenge. There are actually 15 mini pyramids inside and all are textured with a graphic that emits light! Then there is 9 lines of text which is 3D modelled and positioned onto the surface of the frame. Then I had to work out how to get the lights to show through the glass!

Thanks as always for checking my work out. Hope you and your family are keeping safe.(I hear the schools are closed in your neighbourhood)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1366 on: March 23, 2020, 01:44:42 PM »

OK Darth Logos and everybody....

After a very tough build of 15 prototype versions I finally came up with a shiny new object for Darth Logos….I am tired...but proud...this is Logos' new Data Chronolog!

It is fully 3D, not just a textured pyramid...it has a fractal based interior structure that floats inside - again fully 3D. It has a scripture embossed around it and again the text of the scripture is 3D modelled not just overlaid textures. I pushed myself close to the limits with this one, so enough talk and I apologise if this counts as a picture dump but here is the shiny....thanks for the challenge Logos!

In the Blender workspace:

And some Glamour Shots:

I have a few more pictures but I will post those a little later. I really am tired now...rest I will....earned it have I. I hope you all enjoy this one and thanks for your support and comments.

That is a GORGEOUS render and slick design, For & Logos. Points to you both!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1367 on: March 23, 2020, 01:48:51 PM »

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But I thought we were calling it a holocron? Anyway, it looks fantastic. MAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD points incoming.
I drew from what I know: Old Sith and math. Neater still, while For was trying to work out certain elements, it gave me inspiration to more finely tune the function/mythos of this holocron.

Hi Logos, I'll take that to mean you like it. I had a "brain-fart" and for some reason I called it a Chronolog, I think I did it to make it sound unique and avoid "copyright" as some people might get annoyed if I used their name/term for it.
But I can always redo the picture and rename it! I have UNLIMITED POWERRRRRR!

Heck I'm spending too much time around you Sith! Thanks for the challenge.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1368 on: March 23, 2020, 01:53:57 PM »

Hi and thanks Psycho!

It was an intriguing design Logos sent me but he graciously allowed me leeway to go to town on it. (To be fair I didn't change that much).
The new version of Blender really does add a layer of polish and glam onto renders now. The software takes care of all the distortion and grainy effects that can affect images and makes everything really professional looking.

Thanks as always. I can return to designing my new starships and droids now  Wink
Point incoming.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1369 on: March 23, 2020, 01:57:19 PM »

Thanks. Considering his tale of woe (or whoa), I'm glad I didn't hold him to my original design. That fractal was 2 steps further along. For those that don't know, instead of the 4 tetrahedrons across the base of each side, it would have been 16. But I acquiesced to the smaller fractal when I thought that the illuminated panels would become too small to see the detail. And for the work he put in, ALL the detail deserves to be seen.

Now that we have proof of concept.....

Oh For, how about Gen 2? Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1370 on: March 23, 2020, 02:10:44 PM »

Now that we have proof of concept.....
Oh For, how about Gen 2? Tongue

Hi Logos,
You had those pictures already? I could have used those to help picture the design in my head! For the record the internal structure in my model is the same as the structure third from left, except mine doesn't have base faces on each pyramid so you can look up inside them from the bottom panel!

And are you trying to give me a heart attack Logos? Gen 2?  Grin Roll Eyes Thanks everyone.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1371 on: March 23, 2020, 02:18:57 PM »

Hi Logos,
You had those pictures already? I could have used those to help picture the design in my head! For the record the internal structure in my model is the same as the structure third from left, except mine doesn't have base faces on each pyramid so you can look up inside them from the bottom panel!
I was using those to illustrate to those who may not understand what I meant by "2 steps further". You obviously knew what I meant because you did it, superbly I might add.

And are you trying to give me a heart attack Logos? Gen 2?  Grin Roll Eyes
Muahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1372 on: March 23, 2020, 02:26:58 PM »

Ok Logos I feel safer now...

I'll get the packages of images I worked on sent to your email as soon as I finish them. There's a few that I haven't posted here too.

Gonna log off for a while to get some food first.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1373 on: March 23, 2020, 03:00:01 PM »

Just to makes things interesting:

Would it be possible to let a fifth pyramid 'fload' in the negative space between the four other pyramids?
(Maybe even let it rotate).

......... Roll Eyes

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1374 on: March 23, 2020, 03:31:45 PM »

Just to makes things interesting:

Would it be possible to let a fifth pyramid 'fload' in the negative space between the four other pyramids?
(Maybe even let it rotate).

......... Roll Eyes
Probably, but I like the negative space as is. It allows for better viewing of what is going on. Flashy moving parts are for kids. Tongue This has a style all its own: simple and elegant.

Sig by For Tyeth

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1375 on: March 23, 2020, 05:43:31 PM »

You're probably right, but just in case Tyeth gets bored during this lockdown...

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1376 on: March 23, 2020, 06:24:25 PM »

You're probably right, but just in case Tyeth gets bored during this lockdown...

Hi TCCW, I doubt I will get bored - I have already been commissioned by the L_S_G - the Lothal Shipbuilding Guild to construct a new starship for them, I am just waiting for initial drawings to  be sent!

Plus I have my own snub fighters and a collection of B-Series droids to work on...but if I find a few minutes spare I'll look into a making an FTCron.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1377 on: March 23, 2020, 06:55:06 PM »

Someone has some new avatar bling. Grin Grin Grin

Too bad it can't spin.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1378 on: March 23, 2020, 11:14:04 PM »

What can I say? I have a thing for fractals.

Fractals are awesome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1379 on: March 24, 2020, 12:03:48 AM »

Someone has some new avatar bling. Grin Grin Grin

Too bad it can't spin.

Yeah it's a shame that...it might look like this...

http://youtu.be/E4hTbrb5r0g

Just to prove it isn't flat!

(Sorry if the clip didn't embed - I removed the "S" but it still doesn't show up on my screen I just get an orange coloured URL!)

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: