Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440788 times)
HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1590 on: June 13, 2020, 12:52:35 AM »

Hi again, Yes SVG are very useful. Blender imports SVG files directly and allows me to convert the image into a model mesh which I can "extrude" to give the logo thickness. I used the trick to model the Klingon Empire logo on my Gre'thor hilts and my versions of the Bat'Leth. You will see SVG modelled logos wherever there is a Jedi or Sith logo on my hilts too.

I did not know you did a bat'leth i try and not repeat your work themes

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1591 on: June 13, 2020, 01:07:02 AM »

I did not know you did a bat'leth i try and not repeat your work themes

Hi there, don't worry, it was a few months back now but I did built a Bat'Leth. My first version had a "double blade" arrangement but I later removed the smaller secondary blade. I also built it using my old laptop and version of Blender so it looks VERY grainy because I had no graphics card, but if you'd like to check it out you can find it (and my Klingon Gre'thor hilt) using this link:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg731704#msg731704

You can see the double blade version in the previous posts directly above this post.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1592 on: June 13, 2020, 05:31:25 PM »

Yeah, you two need to spend some quality time discussing techniques and results... maybe even collaborate (though I’m not sure how that would work).  You both have such amazing ideas, and you both do such a great job of translating the ideas into something the rest of us can appreciate!  I look forward to seeing “iron sharpening iron” here, and watch you both improve.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1593 on: June 15, 2020, 01:54:27 PM »

I have never seen the cartoon from which this comes from but I believe it is the Gundam Beam Saber from the cartoon Gundam launched way back in 1979. Hope you like it and thanks for looking in.
You poor thing. Gundam is an awesome franchise. Some series get weird, but how can you go wrong with giant robots?

You actually made this so detailed that I didn't recognize it. But it is a lovely interpretation of the beam saber.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1594 on: June 15, 2020, 02:29:19 PM »

You poor thing. Gundam is an awesome franchise. Some series get weird, but how can you go wrong with giant robots?

You actually made this so detailed that I didn't recognize it. But it is a lovely interpretation of the beam saber.

Hi Logos, don't worry I'm gonna look up Gundam on the website that I watched TCW and Rebels on. I recently checked that site and it even had the animated (fourth) season of Star Trek! Gonna watch that too.

I'm glad the details look sharper on the hilt the new Add-On I downloaded for Blender seems to work a treat. It allows me to cut out recesses and grooves etc by using a "form section" and the add on subtracts the form shape from the hilt and makes all the edges nice and clean.

Thanks for looking in and the kind comment - a point on it's way to you.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1595 on: June 15, 2020, 03:19:47 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's the weekend again and that means it's new saber time! I have just uploaded a MASSIVE haul of images of some curved hilts I've designed but due to possible issues of it looking "similar" to some "other sabers"  I won't be posting them here so as not to cause confusion or issues. Soooo what can I post today instead? How about these couple....

I have never seen the cartoon from which this comes from but I believe it is the Gundam Beam Saber from the cartoon Gundam launched way back in 1979. Hope you like it and thanks for looking in.
Wow...

WOW  Cheesy

This is just...amazing!  Like Logos said: the details are incredible  Smiley  And I would love to see these "other sabers" (if possible)^^

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1596 on: June 15, 2020, 03:36:08 PM »

Wow... WOW Cheesy
This is just...amazing!  Like Logos said: the details are incredible  Smiley  And I would love to see these "other sabers" (if possible)^^

Hi Dutch, thanks man and glad you like it. BTW you might want to check your inbox for some curvy pictures....no...not that sort (you guys)...saber pictures Cool

point on it's way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1597 on: June 20, 2020, 12:54:32 AM »

Hi guys, just a quick preview of my latest build which features in my new mini-movie!

I have a few other ships and about 7 more sabers to come so stay tuned. Wink

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #1598 on: June 20, 2020, 12:55:13 AM »

nice x-wing there sir

Own

Wish list

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1599 on: June 20, 2020, 01:07:09 AM »

nice x-wing there sir

Thank you kindly. I reached a bit of a milestone with a project I have and needed something different to celebrate so I built the FTX-Wing. And I even remembered to add navigation lights. I also have a recreation of an iconic scene from ANH coming soon. It features my squadron, Emerald Squadron and a certain trench run!

point for the comment, thanks.

EDIT: I also just realised I passed the 80,000 views mark!

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #1600 on: June 20, 2020, 01:22:30 AM »

you have alot of fans sir

Own

Wish list

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1601 on: June 20, 2020, 01:31:13 AM »

And I'm sure you will too with the progress you have made. I saw your attempts at battle scarring and I will try and find out if it's possible to create scratched paint on the edges of the damaged parts for you. (I think if you bevel the edge of the topology around the "damage" you should be able to add an exposed metallic texture to simulate the scraped edges)

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #1602 on: June 20, 2020, 02:45:45 AM »

And I'm sure you will too with the progress you have made. I saw your attempts at battle scarring and I will try and find out if it's possible to create scratched paint on the edges of the damaged parts for you. (I think if you bevel the edge of the topology around the "damage" you should be able to add an exposed metallic texture to simulate the scraped edges)

Thank you sir, I have taken a different route to modeling these sabers as of today making a bunch of smaller elements instead of emiiter -body - pommel and carving them up this should  make uv mapping easier

Own

Wish list

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1603 on: June 20, 2020, 12:19:28 PM »

Hi guys, just a quick preview of my latest build which features in my new mini-movie!

I have a few other ships and about 7 more sabers to come so stay tuned. Wink
This is incredible, FT!  REALLY looking forward to seeing your other projects  Smiley

Point!

True; I'm one of them  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1604 on: June 20, 2020, 03:36:22 PM »

This is incredible, FT!  REALLY looking forward to seeing your other projects  Smiley

Hi Dutch, well today is your lucky day as I am about to preniere my mini-movie masterpiece. It won't win any Oscars or Emmy's but it was just meant to be a little celebration of me reaching 500 posts on my website (I have been blogging for four years and posted roughly 500 designs).

Anyhoo, back to the FTX-Wing...first up a quick 360degree flyaround…

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr4nTXnwRtY&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr4nTXnwRtY&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

And what should I do with an X-Wing?....Take it on a mission of course...time to suit up!....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYvpU5eHrvM&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYvpU5eHrvM&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Ok, it has a passing resemblance to the Trench Run Attack scene, but everything you see I built and animated even the Death Star. (I watched a documentary on how the Empire built their space station and connected the parts together....it was Rivetting  Roll Eyes )

Thanks for looking in on this one. And stay safe!

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: