Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440662 times)
MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1785 on: October 20, 2020, 10:36:19 PM »

So many awesome sabers = lots of points! ONE at a Time!!  Wink Shocked Your like the Batman of light sabers, Always coming up with cool new designs!!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1786 on: October 20, 2020, 10:42:19 PM »

So many awesome sabers = lots of points! ONE at a Time!!  Wink Shocked Your like the Batman of light sabers, Always coming up with cool new designs!!

Hi MavRick, thanks to you also. I've never been likened to Batman before...but I do have an alter-ego  Cool Grin

point on it's way to you from Gotham....er, I mean the outer rim of the UK!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1787 on: October 24, 2020, 12:39:22 PM »

Hello Everybody,

For a change I'm posting this weekend's offering a bit earlier! The reason being is that last week my laptop failed (or rather Microsoft Windows did) for the final time....I've had enough! That's it I'm finished.

Hey wait! Come back! I meant I'm finished with Win 10....I have gone to the DarkSide and become a Penguin by installing Linux instead.... and so far so good! Not only did Linux allow me to access my hard drive before I wiped it to install the new OS but it feels so much faster and slick than Windows. I was able to back up my recent designs onto some spare USB sticks I had. So here is my Knotty Katana....

Now this may not look as if it has as much "razzamatazz"  as some of my other builds but this one is special as the braided wrap you can see is FULLY MODELLED IN 3D! You can see how complex the structure is in the Wireframe image....and I can tell you it took an eternity to plait that string on the handle  Grin
As I mentioned this isn't quite as polished as I normally produce but I need to resource all my background images and textures I couldn't save before having to re-install....but I am still kicking and designing despite Microsoft's efforts. Oh and the cooling fan and hard drive are now silent 99% of the time I use the laptop...so it wasn't issues with my machine as Windows had accused.

Thanks for looking in on this design and I have at least 12 more new ones lined up for future posts. Till next time...

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1788 on: October 26, 2020, 12:18:06 PM »

Hello Everybody,

For a change I'm posting this weekend's offering a bit earlier! The reason being is that last week my laptop failed (or rather Microsoft Windows did) for the final time....I've had enough! That's it I'm finished.

Hey wait! Come back! I meant I'm finished with Win 10....I have gone to the DarkSide and become a Penguin by installing Linux instead.... and so far so good! Not only did Linux allow me to access my hard drive before I wiped it to install the new OS but it feels so much faster and slick than Windows. I was able to back up my recent designs onto some spare USB sticks I had. So here is my Knotty Katana....

Love this, For.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1789 on: October 26, 2020, 01:11:46 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Now this may not look as if it has as much "razzamatazz"  as some of my other builds but this one is special as the braided wrap you can see is FULLY MODELLED IN 3D! You can see how complex the structure is in the Wireframe image....and I can tell you it took an eternity to plait that string on the handle  Grin
As I mentioned this isn't quite as polished as I normally produce but I need to resource all my background images and textures I couldn't save before having to re-install....but I am still kicking and designing despite Microsoft's efforts. Oh and the cooling fan and hard drive are now silent 99% of the time I use the laptop...so it wasn't issues with my machine as Windows had accused.

Thanks for looking in on this design and I have at least 12 more new ones lined up for future posts. Till next time...

That there is darned pretty. Point!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1790 on: October 26, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I must say, the over innovation of saber is not up to your usual standard. HOWEVER, the perfection with which you braided a paracord grip was masterfully done. Bravo.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1791 on: October 26, 2020, 02:36:59 PM »

Love this, For.

That there is darned pretty. Point!

I must say, the over innovation of saber is not up to your usual standard. HOWEVER, the perfection with which you braided a paracord grip was masterfully done. Bravo.

Hi guys, yes I have to apologise for Microsoft crashing again but I have wiped my laptop and installed the latest version of Linux and so far it seems to have worked. I have even managed to install the latest build of Blender too. The hard drive and cooling fan are almost 99% silent now - no backdoor installs or reconfiguring my drives so the BIOS can't find the boot up data. I won't say anymore about it cos I don't wanna jinx anything.

Back to sabers, glad you liked what I was able to pull together. Believe it or not you have seen this "paracord wrap" on another one of my sabers! If you take a look at my "Dume" Lothwolf hilt, those little nodules on the handgrip are the outer loops of the paracord wrap which I sized down so it fitted inside the hilt with just the small nodes sticking through the handle. Cool

I am currently working on re-downloading all the graphics and resources I used before but had to wipe when I re-installed. I saved the model files but the textures I had to sacrifice (but they are readily available online). I'll still take things a little bit easier while I get fully up to speed on Linux but luckily I still have around a dozen new hilts to bring to you all thanks to The Cloud (it's a wonderful thing!).

Thanks for the feedback and support - it really helps, points on the way back to you.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1792 on: October 29, 2020, 06:29:56 PM »

Hi guys, yes I have to apologise for Microsoft crashing again but I have wiped my laptop and installed the latest version of Linux and so far it seems to have worked. I have even managed to install the latest build of Blender too. The hard drive and cooling fan are almost 99% silent now - no backdoor installs or reconfiguring my drives so the BIOS can't find the boot up data. I won't say anymore about it cos I don't wanna jinx anything.

Back to sabers, glad you liked what I was able to pull together. Believe it or not you have seen this "paracord wrap" on another one of my sabers! If you take a look at my "Dume" Lothwolf hilt, those little nodules on the handgrip are the outer loops of the paracord wrap which I sized down so it fitted inside the hilt with just the small nodes sticking through the handle. Cool

I am currently working on re-downloading all the graphics and resources I used before but had to wipe when I re-installed. I saved the model files but the textures I had to sacrifice (but they are readily available online). I'll still take things a little bit easier while I get fully up to speed on Linux but luckily I still have around a dozen new hilts to bring to you all thanks to The Cloud (it's a wonderful thing!).

Thanks for the feedback and support - it really helps, points on the way back to you.
Condolences my friend for Windows (once again...) messing you over  Sad

That said: I hope that everything continues to improve and that we'll see you up and running, posting awesome creations as soon as you're ready  Smiley

Can't wait to see what you've got in the future!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1793 on: October 29, 2020, 07:10:14 PM »

Condolences my friend for Windows (once again...) messing you over  Sad

That said: I hope that everything continues to improve and that we'll see you up and running, posting awesome creations as soon as you're ready  Smiley

Can't wait to see what you've got in the future!

Hi Dutch, well so far the good news is that Linux seems to be very stable and the switch of operating system culture hasn't been too difficult. Better news is that now my laptop is running smoother I have been able to install the latest versions of Blender and GIMP so I have more power to play with (though I don't want to jinx anything by proclaiming victory yet  Roll Eyes )

I am just re-sourcing all the texture files and graphics/add-ons I lost after the re-install. But I have another Aeon modification to post this weekend and I'm working on your images now. Oh and I have 3 new "SOLO" inspired hilts and 4 hilts inspired by a kid's cartoon (not SW related but they gave me some practise with the new software set-up). Just keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for the support.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1794 on: October 31, 2020, 07:39:46 PM »

Hellooooo Everyone, happy Halloween!

Well it's Halloween and it's Saturday so that means new saber design day! And today I needed to relax as it has been announced that a SECOND national lockdown will hit the UK next week for about a month....so not good news....but how to relax? The answer is I'm gonna do a bit of gaming, and I have a saber inspired by a SEGA classic today....it's time to go "SuperSonic"....

And I decided to make a 90's inspired advert poster or two....

I noticed something about the Yondu GOTG hilt I modded a few posts back and it was the Cobalt blue colour and I realised it was the same shade of blue SEGA's logo and Hedgehog were so I gave the Aeon a spiky hairstyle!

Anyhoooooo! I hope you have a safe and fun Halloween if you can celebrate it, thanks for looking in on this design. Till next time....

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1795 on: October 31, 2020, 11:26:00 PM »

Lol that is brilliant, and so seamless how he is holding it. Another totally unexpected and out there design that still works so well!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1796 on: October 31, 2020, 11:59:23 PM »

Lol that is brilliant, and so seamless how he is holding it. Another totally unexpected and out there design that still works so well!

Hello LSG, this saber (the Aeon) just seems so adaptable to modifications...OK the fins are totally aftermarket pieces but nothing that wouldn't be beyond the skilled craft people we have here to make a set.

And I'm glad my compositing skills worked too, Blender allows me to render a picture of the model positioned however I want in 3D with no background (a bit like transparent .png images used in avatars) which I can layer onto the base image then using masks I can "erase" the parts of the hilt which would be hidden within his fingers. Also this layering allows shadows to show up making it look as if the saber is embedded in the picture...look closely on Sonic's eye and you can see the fin casts a shadow on it. I originally learnt this trick with my Ahsoka hilts I posted a few months back:

I have one final Aeon mod and it is for another classic arcade game character then I have some new hilts inspired by a kids cartoon series....followed by some very new designs inspired by SOLO and The High Republic!

Thanks for the kind words and support ...stay safe over Halloween! point on the way.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1797 on: November 02, 2020, 06:36:59 PM »

Well it's Halloween and it's Saturday so that means new saber design day! And today I needed to relax as it has been announced that a SECOND national lockdown will hit the UK next week for about a month....so not good news....but how to relax? The answer is I'm gonna do a bit of gaming, and I have a saber inspired by a SEGA classic today....it's time to go "SuperSonic"....

I noticed something about the Yondu GOTG hilt I modded a few posts back and it was the Cobalt blue colour and I realised it was the same shade of blue SEGA's logo and Hedgehog were so I gave the Aeon a spiky hairstyle!

Anyhoooooo! I hope you have a safe and fun Halloween if you can celebrate it, thanks for looking in on this design. Till next time....
Lol FT, that's perfect!  I love the hair analogue and how you included it for this hilt  Smiley
Hello LSG, this saber (the Aeon) just seems so adaptable to modifications...OK the fins are totally aftermarket pieces but nothing that wouldn't be beyond the skilled craft people we have here to make a set.

And I'm glad my compositing skills worked too, Blender allows me to render a picture of the model positioned however I want in 3D with no background (a bit like transparent .png images used in avatars) which I can layer onto the base image then using masks I can "erase" the parts of the hilt which would be hidden within his fingers. Also this layering allows shadows to show up making it look as if the saber is embedded in the picture...look closely on Sonic's eye and you can see the fin casts a shadow on it. I originally learnt this trick with my Ahsoka hilts I posted a few months back:

I have one final Aeon mod and it is for another classic arcade game character then I have some new hilts inspired by a kids cartoon series....followed by some very new designs inspired by SOLO and The High Republic!

Thanks for the kind words and support ...stay safe over Halloween! point on the way.
Fantastic!!  I like where you went with this design  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1798 on: November 02, 2020, 09:13:27 PM »

Lol FT, that's perfect!  I love the hair analogue and how you included it for this hilt  :)Fantastic!!  I like where you went with this design  Smiley

Hi Dutch, the "hairstyle" came about by another modelling accident actually. I usually make a duplicate of any model part I am editing in case I make a big mistake reshaping it and can't restore the piece to it's original dimensions...and when I created my back up part for the Yondu head fin Blender placed it on top of the original and I saw the beginning of the hair shape, so I added a third fin which resulted in the ridged spines! The colourscheme was pretty easy as SEGA set that up for me.

And Ahsoka's new sabers I created after watching the final season of Clone Wars and saw the episode where Tano is re-united with her squad. Their show of respect was brilliant and I figured a saber with a similar paint scheme would look good. I'm glad you feel the same, thanks as always!

+1 point

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1799 on: November 03, 2020, 02:25:39 PM »

I absolutely love this, For! I love the anodized blue you used on this saber! Points incoming

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: