Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 449936 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1800 on: November 03, 2020, 07:35:01 PM »

I absolutely love this, For! I love the anodized blue you used on this saber! Points incoming

Hi Infinit, I was quite pleased how the colour came out on this one. I had to get it right so it matched the Cobalt Blue signature colour that SEGA used for Sonic and their logo, but that metallic sheen made it pop more than I imagined. I have really got to grips with creating my own textures/materials using the Node generator function and it saves me from having store photographic textures to paste onto models.

Thanks and a point for the kind comment.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1801 on: November 06, 2020, 02:36:51 PM »

You're welcome and any time, man

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1802 on: November 07, 2020, 12:10:49 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Well Halloween has passed and I survived....but sadly my laptop didn't  Sad Angry
I recently installed Linux to try and fix a Fan Error/hard drive issue I seemed to have and for a week and a half it worked a treat then I start getting the error messages again and the laptop bricks up and won't switch on. This means that Windows and MS wasn't totally to blame (though MS continually accessing my drive in the background and forcing unwanted updates on my mechanical HDD caused it to spin up like an angle grinder and I suspect caused some damage to it and the fan system). SO I apologise in part to MS.

However this leaves me with a problem, it is Saturday and I normally post a new design....don't worry, I borrowed Mrs Tyeth's laptop and I still have a design for you to check out, but I will say the images aren't up to the sharp quality I have posted in the past 9 months or so. The borrowed laptop only has an I3 processor and the built in graphics chip can't handle complex renders like my I5 laptop could. Anyhoo I'll let you decide and if you could let me know what you think of the pics that'd be a big help....So here is Spectre Staff and Saber single:

But I think the thing that broke my laptop was a horror photo I posted on my website for Halloween... Shocked Grin

Yes this is me! And the boots are custom made QGJ replicas.

Anyhoo thanks for checking this design out and if you could comment or offer any tips it'd be much appreciated. Till next time....
(p.s.I am saving to buy a brand new desktop but it's gonna be while.)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1803 on: November 07, 2020, 03:23:53 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Well Halloween has passed and I survived....but sadly my laptop didn't  Sad Angry
I recently installed Linux to try and fix a Fan Error/hard drive issue I seemed to have and for a week and a half it worked a treat then I start getting the error messages again and the laptop bricks up and won't switch on. This means that Windows and MS wasn't totally to blame (though MS continually accessing my drive in the background and forcing unwanted updates on my mechanical HDD caused it to spin up like an angle grinder and I suspect caused some damage to it and the fan system). SO I apologise in part to MS.

However this leaves me with a problem, it is Saturday and I normally post a new design....don't worry, I borrowed Mrs Tyeth's laptop and I still have a design for you to check out, but I will say the images aren't up to the sharp quality I have posted in the past 9 months or so. The borrowed laptop only has an I3 processor and the built in graphics chip can't handle complex renders like my I5 laptop could. Anyhoo I'll let you decide and if you could let me know what you think of the pics that'd be a big help....So here is Spectre Staff and Saber single:

But I think the thing that broke my laptop was a horror photo I posted on my website for Halloween... Shocked Grin

Anyhoo thanks for checking this design out and if you could comment or offer any tips it'd be much appreciated. Till next time....

Sorry to hear about your laptop - but those sabers look clean! Also have to say that’s a pretty solid cosplay as well! Point!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1804 on: November 07, 2020, 04:24:57 PM »

Sorry to hear about your laptop - but those sabers look clean! Also have to say that’s a pretty solid cosplay as well! Point!

Hello Psycho and thanks. I was pleased with the design of the sabers it was just the horrible grainy effect on the finished pictures that bugged me.

And the cosplay is just a relatively cheap Cosplaysky costume. I have a new wool mix heavyweight robe ordered but I need a decent belt to replace the pleather one you can see here. I will post full finished glamour(?) shots when all the parts for the costume come together.

Thanks again and a point on the way.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1805 on: November 07, 2020, 06:58:44 PM »

I love the look of these sabers For. I would totally use one.

I'm sorry to hear about your computer. The constant issues must be getting really annoying now. A couple weeks ago my computer started acting up as well. I haven't figured out what is causing it yet, and may end up wiping it and restarting from the beginning.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1806 on: November 07, 2020, 07:31:52 PM »

Hello Taegin,

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my design. I am happy with the emitter in particular as I used a clever modelling trick to create it. I modelled and arranged 6 threaded bolts around a circle to create a cylinder with 6 threaded prongs. I then used this part as a cutter to shape a second cylinder and create the windowed grooves.

The laptop I have given up on and am dumping it. Even if I sent it in for repair the new parts would probably wear out the remaining old parts (the laptop was refurbished in the first place). I am just going to have to bite the bullet and save for a new desktop setup direct from a manufacturer (to get better servicing hopefully).
I hope you don't end up having as many problems as I've had and thanks for your kind comment. Point inbound.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1807 on: November 15, 2020, 01:58:01 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Well this week has been better for me and many people around the globe. A possible vaccine is great news and in slightly less important news I have found a solution to my ongoing tech issues! It turns out that one of the types of materials settings that creates Aluminium like textures won't render in Blender on underpowered processors or graphics chips....BUT it will render images if I swap the metallic surfaces to glossy textures instead. So after a lot of work editing I should be able to post my latest designs albeit not quite as hyper realistic as before, but I'll let you folks decide. Here is another modified Aeon V4...

This saber is fairly self explanatory and you might be able to detect the subtle difference between the Glossy textures used here from the Aluminium ones I used previously.

And in further  news, my order for a new Jedi robe hits the 4 week mark tomorrow so anytime in the next 2-3 weeks (Covid allowing) I should receive a nice new woolly cloak - just in time for the harsh cold winter I suffer here on the Outer Rim of the UK  Grin

Anyhoo, I hope you are all doing well and keeping safe, thanks for checking out this hilt. Till next time...

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1808 on: November 16, 2020, 01:25:53 PM »

I'm always one for Dragon Ball stuff so kudos for this one, For. Points incoming

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1809 on: November 16, 2020, 07:29:55 PM »

I'm always one for Dragon Ball stuff so kudos for this one, For. Points incoming

Hi Infinit, thanks as always - I had a feeling taking your fondness for gaming into consideration that this one might appeal to you.

Stay safe and a point on it's way.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1810 on: November 17, 2020, 12:57:15 AM »

Ha what an out there idea!  Surely you need a Vegeta one now after all anything 'Kakarot' does Vegeta must do better!!!  Creative and brilliant as always For!.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1811 on: November 17, 2020, 02:02:29 AM »

Ha what an out there idea!  Surely you need a Vegeta one now after all anything 'Kakarot' does Vegeta must do better!!!  Creative and brilliant as always For!.

Hi LSG! I could take a look and do a Vegata version I guess. I did...a very long time ago....come up with a Cell saber (based on the green guy from the Cell Saga storyline). That was back when I was beginning my designing using "other guys" software so I can't show it here.

However I'll get onto it and see what I can come up with. Thanks as always and a point on the way.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1812 on: November 17, 2020, 05:25:57 PM »

Hello Everyone,

These sabers look absolutely AWESOME!!!  I could easily see a Jedi Shadow (or Sith Assassin  Wink) wielding these^^

OMG you're the spitting image of Qui-Gon, FT!  Looking good my friend  Smiley

Let me also express my own condolences for your computer; I really, REALLY hope that you're able to get something better soon!

Hello Everybody,

Well this week has been better for me and many people around the globe. A possible vaccine is great news and in slightly less important news I have found a solution to my ongoing tech issues! It turns out that one of the types of materials settings that creates Aluminium like textures won't render in Blender on underpowered processors or graphics chips....BUT it will render images if I swap the metallic surfaces to glossy textures instead. So after a lot of work editing I should be able to post my latest designs albeit not quite as hyper realistic as before, but I'll let you folks decide. Here is another modified Aeon V4...

This saber is fairly self explanatory and you might be able to detect the subtle difference between the Glossy textures used here from the Aluminium ones I used previously.

And in further  news, my order for a new Jedi robe hits the 4 week mark tomorrow so anytime in the next 2-3 weeks (Covid allowing) I should receive a nice new woolly cloak - just in time for the harsh cold winter I suffer here on the Outer Rim of the UK  Grin

Anyhoo, I hope you are all doing well and keeping safe, thanks for checking out this hilt. Till next time...
Once again, I'm AMAZED at what you've been able to do FT!  Funny, I never got into Dragonball Z but ended up watching one or two of the OVAs so I'm at least tangentially aware of them SO when I say that this saber is a PERFECT homage, it's to express my wonderment at your skills  Smiley

I canNOT wait to see your robe, FT!

WELL deserved point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1813 on: November 17, 2020, 06:26:39 PM »

These sabers look absolutely AWESOME!!!  I could easily see a Jedi Shadow (or Sith Assassin  Wink) wielding these^^

Hi there Dutch, I'm surprised what I could model using the borrowed laptop but I have been using "cheap and old" equipment a long time and have a knack for working things out. And don't worry I wasn't into DBZ either but like you I saw/heard members in the community mention it and eventually I looked it up.

OMG you're the spitting image of Qui-Gon, FT!  Looking good my friend  Smiley
I canNOT wait to see your robe, FT!

Thanks, though I really need to tidy my beard up and put on a little weight (I lost a lot during lockdown) to truly pull off the Qui-Gon look but.....funny you should mention a robe....I got my order dispatch notification 4 hours ago. It's en route!
And I'll be sure to PM you and let you know what I think of it before the "big reveal"  Cool

Thanks as always and a point on the way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1814 on: November 21, 2020, 01:59:05 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Saturday is here again and it's a Super Saturday! I have received my new robe and it is off the chain. It wasn't ordered as such but it fits as if made to measure. I will post pictures when I finally get a decent belt.

I also got a second package but I can't talk about it here but again I'm so happy with it's contents....so there has to be some bad news right? Well sort of....sadly this weekend marks a 30 year anniversary and a retirement.
Mark Calaway, who you may know as The Undertaker made his on screen Pay-Per-View debut at WWf's Survivor Series way back on Nov 22nd 1990. He then ran his yard for thirty years having unbelievable matches including the infamous "Hell In A Cell" with Mankind (Mck Foley).

But as I mentioned there is a retirement and Taker is facing a final bell this weekend as he leaves his boots, hat and gloves in the ring to take his "Last Ride"
In appreciation of the big man I came up with this...

(Hell In A Cell ^^)

Taker has beaten many oponents and has fought with a broken body many times and so has earned his retirement...he has nothing more to prove...I mean he is a 7 time World Heavyweight Champion. All there is left to say is "Thank you Taker, Mr Calaway for everything you gave us fans"

And to all of you forum members, thanks for checking out this tribute to a star of the squared circle. Till next time....

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: