Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448541 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1815 on: November 23, 2020, 08:34:09 PM »

Another perfectly themed saber. I think it is official there is simply no fan culture theme or character that For cannot craft an absolutely fitting well designed saber for! Musicians, TV shows, video games anime, ita really quite amazing For, i think you are on your own endless streak of ever more surprising theme designs!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1816 on: November 23, 2020, 10:27:40 PM »

Hi LSG,

Thanks for the compliment - I have to be honest though - because I don't restrict myself to just "in universe" inspirations I have a huge galaxy to find ideas from. And sometimes the out of universe hilts translate and I can modify them to SW themed ones too (so I get two designs or more for the price of one).

As a result the Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak was 24-2....my saber design Streak in 5 years must be near to 500 now  Shocked

I'm just so pleased folks still find them interesting. Thanks again and a point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1817 on: November 29, 2020, 12:05:06 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday and hopefully you'll have grabbed your bargains for Black Friday and finished your shopping. I know I have, I picked up a nice new robe, a new saber and a batch of unrefined Coaxium rather cheap.

I just had one problem...what to do with the Coaxium! My Jedi Interceptor is fully charged up so I figured, "Hmm, what would happen if I used Coaxium to power a micro generator in a saber?" I'd have have the most powerful hilt in the galaxy...so this is what I designed...

First I needed some smaller Injector Capsules

Which attach via a push/pull valve to the handgrip/body of the saber...

Draw back the containment vial like a syringe...

Then push the vial back into the pommel...to compress the Coaxium helix loops into the familiar blue crystals which in turn are injected into the micro generator - creating a massive amount of energy!

This saber has a real kick to it when ignited...I nearly carved a hole in the wall of my cave when I tested it first off....but I have dialled it in and it can now cut through just about anything and is controllable. I might even be able to "break"
another person's blade with this.

Anyhoo, I'm off to play with my new purchases as I have to do some real life soundboard editing (fonts and colours need changing). Thanks for looking in on this hilt, stay safe. Till next time....

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #1818 on: November 29, 2020, 12:38:31 PM »

Very thematic concept, if it can power a hyperdrive why not a saber! The clean polished look here is nice too, very machined, I can imagine the user, a very silver armoured figure no doubt, having a few coaxium cells on their belt to swap in and out as needed.

I like the idea, in general, too of the battery section glowing then the hilt solid then the blade, often the glow is near just the emitter, but it does make a lot of sense for the battery section to glow. I think a weathered almost steam punk version would be an interesting thing to explore in that vein one day when inspiration strikes.

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1819 on: November 29, 2020, 06:58:35 PM »

I like the idea, in general, too of the battery section glowing then the hilt solid then the blade, often the glow is near just the emitter, but it does make a lot of sense for the battery section to glow. I think a weathered almost steam punk version would be an interesting thing to explore in that vein one day when inspiration strikes.

Thanks LSG, this concept just came to me out of nowhere but it seemed to make a strange sort of sense. And I love the idea of a Steampunk version - I'll get to work on that and see what I can come up with. Thanks again.

point on the way.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1820 on: November 29, 2020, 09:09:24 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's Saturday and hopefully you'll have grabbed your bargains for Black Friday and finished your shopping. I know I have, I picked up a nice new robe, a new saber and a batch of unrefined Coaxium rather cheap.

I just had one problem...what to do with the Coaxium! My Jedi Interceptor is fully charged up so I figured, "Hmm, what would happen if I used Coaxium to power a micro generator in a saber?" I'd have have the most powerful hilt in the galaxy...so this is what I designed...

Then push the vial back into the pommel...to compress the Coaxium helix loops into the familiar blue crystals which in turn are injected into the micro generator - creating a massive amount of energy!

This saber has a real kick to it when ignited...I nearly carved a hole in the wall of my cave when I tested it first off....but I have dialled it in and it can now cut through just about anything and is controllable. I might even be able to "break"

Anyhoo, I'm off to play with my new purchases as I have to do some real life soundboard editing (fonts and colours need changing). Thanks for looking in on this hilt, stay safe. Till next time....

I love that shade of purple. Im a sucker for blue shades of purple. +1

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1821 on: November 29, 2020, 09:39:15 PM »

I love that shade of purple. Im a sucker for blue shades of purple. +1

Hi there Psycho, I am rather happy with this colour too. I actually came up with it for a design I made for a young lady I met on YT and Twitch who streams SWTOR. She bought a saber and mentioned she liked shades of pink so I designed her a saber to mark her reaching 1000 subscribers and gave it this blade colour.

And in a funny twist, this blade colour is one of the presets on my new saber I mentioned to you in my last PM.

Glad you liked the choice, and a point on the way to you.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1822 on: November 30, 2020, 11:29:45 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Awesome saber and design, For!  A hyperdrive fueled saber!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1823 on: November 30, 2020, 05:44:04 PM »

IMPRESSIVE... MOST IMPRESSIVE !!!  Shocked Shocked Well it's point required as usual than.  Wink I like this design very much. It looks very wieldable so excellent work my friend.  MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1824 on: November 30, 2020, 06:54:59 PM »

Awesome saber and design, For!  A hyperdrive fueled saber!
IMPRESSIVE... MOST IMPRESSIVE !!!  Shocked Shocked Well it's point required as usual than.  Wink I like this design very much. It looks very wieldable so excellent work my friend.  MTFBWY!

Hi Infinite01 and MavRick, thanks so much guys. I sometimes have these mad little ideas in my head and now and then one actually turns out well!
Funny thing is, I can't remember what it was that triggered this idea it seems I just had the idea.

Thanks again and stay safe. Points on way back.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1825 on: December 01, 2020, 10:20:51 PM »

Yeah, this one works. It just looks so clean, and yet you can almost feel the power coming off of it. I'd totally have one. Nice work For.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1826 on: December 02, 2020, 12:49:53 PM »

Yeah, this one works. It just looks so clean, and yet you can almost feel the power coming off of it. I'd totally have one. Nice work For.

Thanks so much Taegin, I wasn't sure just how big to go with the windows (and even how many it needed) but went with the four apertures with the bolts alternating in-between. I think this balanced the chamber out nicely. Glad you liked it.

point on the way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1827 on: December 06, 2020, 01:54:23 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Well last week was another tough time with the news of our Sith Lord Dave Prowse's passing so I wasn't really eager to do any saber designing as such but Lord_S_Gray did mention he thought a "Steampunk" styled version of my Coaxium Saber might look good so I made a few minor modifications.

I gave the metallics a nice burnt orange/coppery colour which I think goes well with the colour of the Coaxium Helixes and the blade. I also thought about all the power that Coaxium gives off and so added a pair of "safety blow off valves" on the chamber in case it built up too much pressure. I also added a couple of conduit cables connecting the body and emitter.  I figured these and the valves were sorta Steampunk Engine and Automata-like.
I have found that I may be pushing the limits of the laptop I borrowed and am currently using so this was just about all the detail it could manage to model and render.

Anyhoo, I hope you liked it, I still have a few more hilts I'm working on or am adapting so please call back for future posts. Thanks as always for checking this one out. Till next time...

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #1828 on: December 06, 2020, 12:08:37 PM »

Nice job For, that copper is a really good colour very fitting for the aesthetic and contrast to the coaxium glow, just gives it thst bit more character than clean silver, like it has a story, a place it was hand made on some manufacturing world with somewhat less than cutting edge technology but still a lot of care into uaing what they have to do their utmost. Points away.

Lord_S_Gray

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1829 on: December 07, 2020, 01:42:51 AM »

Hi LSG,

I try to give my hilts a bit of a backstory or a reason for being but they never sound as evocative or poetic as the writings you come up with - I'm gonna borrow that backstory if you don't mind! Glad you liked the mods I made at your suggestion they turned out great. I like the colour I found too, even I think it has that patina and antiqued look to it.

Thanks as always in helping me improve my work, stay safe and a point on the way to you.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: