Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448580 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1920 on: March 08, 2021, 01:17:39 PM »

Hi Darth,

I was just asking as I recently bought two blasters that I plan to modify/paint and whilst looking for inspiration I found something "interesting"...

It's called the "Warlord BattleAxe" and is a foam coated "melee weapon" used in "Humans vs Zombies" or HvZ Nerf battles. This one hasn't got lightsabers built in though  Grin

I'm definitely looking forward to this

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #1921 on: March 08, 2021, 11:37:09 PM »

Hi Darth,

I was just asking as I recently bought two blasters that I plan to modify/paint and whilst looking for inspiration I found something "interesting"...

It's called the "Warlord BattleAxe" and is a foam coated "melee weapon" used in "Humans vs Zombies" or HvZ Nerf battles. This one hasn't got lightsabers built in though  Grin
Did you read my mind? I just bought a $20 Nerf Blaster and painted it. With improved darts (an extra $10 for 200), it's surprisingly accurate out to 20 feet, and it makes blaster noises.

I think combining lightsaber sparring and Nerf blasters could be a really cool idea. I'm going to try to block some Nerf darts with my lightsaber, see if I can pass for a real Jedi or not.

And attaching that axe onto a hilt for some sparring would be pretty wild.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1922 on: March 09, 2021, 12:30:05 AM »

Hi Infinit and SirLiftaLot,

My NERF modding is just a bit of a side project I crazily decided to do to keep me occupied during the lockdown. It will be a slow process as I live in a tower block and will have to wait for better weather to go outside and spray paint stuff but I am making plans.

I managed to pick up two NERF N-Strike Firestrike pistols for $27 (including shipping) so each pistol was roughly $11. Not bad, as the Firestrike is considered one of the better pistols - and it has a light beam targetting "Laser". And as you will see in the second picture below the pistol could have been moulded for my hands the grip and balance are perfect for me.

It's a good job I picked two up because I've become attached to how the pistol looks in stock form. I just now have to come up with a paint scheme for For Tyeth!
(How it took me so long to get into Nerffing I'll never know...this is fun shooting Lego mini figures  Cool )

Thanks guys and points incoming!

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #1923 on: March 09, 2021, 01:00:01 AM »

My NERF modding is just a bit of a side project I crazily decided to do to keep me occupied during the lockdown. It will be a slow process as I live in a tower block and will have to wait for better weather to go outside and spray paint stuff but I am making plans.

I managed to pick up two NERF N-Strike Firestrike pistols for $27 (including shipping) so each pistol was roughly $11. Not bad, as the Firestrike is considered one of the better pistols - and it has a light beam targetting "Laser". And as you will see in the second picture below the pistol could have been moulded for my hands the grip and balance are perfect for me.

It's a good job I picked two up because I've become attached to how the pistol looks in stock form. I just now have to come up with a paint scheme for For Tyeth!
(How it took me so long to get into Nerffing I'll never know...this is fun shooting Lego mini figures  Cool )

Nice! Always a win when something feels like it was designed for your hands.
I picked up a Galaxy's Edge Bounty Hunter for $20 and painted it, leaving the orange tip, because you can never be too cautious.

Form this:

To this:

Two barrels, but it has to be cocked before each shot. With Adventure Force darts, it's impressively accurate at 20', but starts to drop a bit from the point of aim at 25'. Given the very basic sights, that's pretty impressive to a NERF noob like me. Makes me miss my airsoft days. I had one that could nail soda cans from over 100' easy. Speaking of which, have you seen the custom Star Wars inspired airsoft guns CronoArms makes? Some of them are insane!

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1924 on: March 09, 2021, 01:38:20 AM »

Hi again,

I haven't heard of CronoArms but I do know Evike had a range of BB/Airsoft SW blasters. The E-11 Stormtrooper replica was particularly nice looking (not sure of perfromance as I have no Airsoft experience).

There is one cool feature you forgot to mention about the GlowStrike darts though...they kinda look like tracers/lasers when activated  Cool.

And I'll be adding safety colours so my pistols are identifiable. Am debating whether to change out the LED to a green one...hm, decisions.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #1925 on: March 09, 2021, 01:53:21 AM »

Hi again,

I haven't heard of CronoArms but I do know Evike had a range of BB/Airsoft SW blasters. The E-11 Stormtrooper replica was particularly nice looking (not sure of perfromance as I have no Airsoft experience).

There is one cool feature you forgot to mention about the GlowStrike darts though...they kinda look like tracers/lasers when activated  Cool.

And I'll be adding safety colours so my pistols are identifiable. Am debating whether to change out the LED to a green one...hm, decisions.
Those Evike ones are sweet. CronoArms has a cool $200 Boba Fett (https://www.cronoarms.com/products/bountyhunter?_pos=3&_sid=7e8de3df0&_ss=r) and a crazy $450 Mandalorian rifle (https://www.cronoarms.com/products/waybolt?_pos=2&_sid=f01247a8a&_ss=r).

Definitely will keep an eye out for your NERF upgrades and modifications!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1926 on: March 09, 2021, 03:34:28 AM »

Hi there,

I just went and scoped out (<see what I did there?) the Boba Fett blaster and the Waybolt on YouTube. Some serious "toys"! Not sure if I could afford those (or even get them in the UK) but I'm happy with my Firestrikes for now (or will be when modded).

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1927 on: March 09, 2021, 06:25:46 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Sorry for the double post but I missed replying to a comment from MavRick (sorry  Embarrassed ) However it is Saturday and that means a new For Tyeth....ER Wait a moment! No it isn't a For Tyeth design today but a weapon designed by a fellow member. He drew a pencil sketch of his idea and I felt sorry that it was a 2D image:

I liked the idea so much that I decided to give it a quick run through Blender 3D to see what I could do...

Well....It sorta looked similar but didn't do DarthProdigal's design justice so I polished my model up and this is the finished version of DarthProdigal's  "Prodigal Halberd"

I think DarthProdigal came up with a fantastic design and I really enjoyed building it, so I have to give him big thanks for letting me "borrow" his idea and turn it into 3D. I hope you all like it as much as I do. So don't forget to show your appreciation to DarthP and send a few points in his direction!

Thanks as always for checking this out and for your suport. Till next time....
INCREDIBLE!  Once again, FT has taken a 2D drawing and given it his patented 3D rendering magic!  This looks awesome!  WONDERFUL collaboration FT, DP  Smiley

(How it took me so long to get into Nerffing I'll never know...this is fun shooting Lego mini figures  Cool )

I can't WAIT to see your moding!

Nice! Always a win when something feels like it was designed for your hands.
I picked up a Galaxy's Edge Bounty Hunter for $20 and painted it, leaving the orange tip, because you can never be too cautious.

Form this:

To this:

Two barrels, but it has to be cocked before each shot. With Adventure Force darts, it's impressively accurate at 20', but starts to drop a bit from the point of aim at 25'. Given the very basic sights, that's pretty impressive to a NERF noob like me. Makes me miss my airsoft days. I had one that could nail soda cans from over 100' easy. Speaking of which, have you seen the custom Star Wars inspired airsoft guns CronoArms makes? Some of them are insane!
SLL, that's a fantastic mod that you did!  I LOVE that paint job  Smiley

Well deserved points!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1928 on: March 09, 2021, 11:39:39 PM »

Okay, now I'm getting the itch to paint my NERF gun...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #1929 on: March 10, 2021, 12:41:04 AM »

Dew it! But leave an orange tip. Safety first.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1930 on: March 10, 2021, 04:56:26 AM »

INCREDIBLE!  Once again, FT has taken a 2D drawing and given it his patented 3D rendering magic!  This looks awesome!  WONDERFUL collaboration FT, DP  Smiley

Much appreciated Dutchman, I can't help but love it; the end result is truly pleasing.

And luckily blasters would look proper with an orange tipped barrel in many cases.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1931 on: March 10, 2021, 04:58:22 AM »

I would love to see a NERF in "Clan Karmack Colors" to go with your collection!

To SirLiftaLot...we seem to have started something...."The NERF Awakens - A Blaster Story" - you could be SirLiftaLot and I'll be Nerfalot!

points incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1932 on: March 10, 2021, 05:03:30 AM »

Hi Dutch, I will say thanks too but as you will know from our collaborations on your artworks, this design is Prodigal's baby - I just worked on it to lift it off the paper into 3D - but I'm glad you liked it. I find it fun working with folks and bringing things to "life" for them (and sometimes I just do it as a surprise!)

And yes Orange is a good colour! Safety First!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1933 on: March 10, 2021, 11:55:00 AM »

Nice work on the nerf gun so far, For!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1934 on: March 10, 2021, 05:11:38 PM »

I would love to see a NERF in "Clan Karmack Colors" to go with your collection!

To SirLiftaLot...we seem to have started something...."The NERF Awakens - A Blaster Story" - you could be SirLiftaLot and I'll be Nerfalot!

points incoming.

Oh...   Now I HAVE to do it.   :-)

First, though, I have to decide just what those colors are...   Hmm...    Mak'Tor blasters....   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: