Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440761 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #195 on: November 26, 2018, 03:57:56 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Sorry I was AWOL for a day or two but I do have a special hilt for you to see today!
May I present my next Astr...Haha! Just kidding! No droids this time...today we get serious. This is my take on what I think will become a design classic in Star Wars.
The TIE SILENCER! Or as I call it the TY Silencer (<see what I did there?  Grin )

OK a few Glamour Shots now...

I used a few little tricks on this hilt including transparent windows which reflect the red blade and the fuselage looks as if it is made from one solid part right? Actually it is one solid block which I duplicated then removed the face panels to create a framework that fits around the body to create the body panels. I have since learnt a quicker technique to do this  Grin. Oh and do you like the pommel?

Ok I had better finish here. I hope you like the design but before I go Infinit01 and a few other members might be interested to know how well it spins...ok I hope this works (as I can't see it due technical glitches!)

https://youtu.be/0Ydal3zIe3A

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #196 on: November 26, 2018, 04:04:40 PM »

Whoa! Really nice saber, Tyeth!  You caught Kylo's Tie Fighter rather well and I like how the cockpit is the emitter's opening for the blade.  Love that activation switch as well

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #197 on: November 26, 2018, 04:09:43 PM »

Hello Infinit,

I said I had something a little different than a droid this time Smiley
Glad you like the details and the emitter socket should illuminate through the transparent windows. And if you tire of using it as a saber you could unscrew the handle then replace it with just the pommel and you would have a display model of the Silencer!

Thanks for the feedback. Point inbound.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2018, 04:10:50 PM »

You're welcome Tyeth. I gave you a point in another thread but expect one within the hour.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2018, 09:09:47 AM »

I love that ship. Well done For. Smiley

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2018, 04:17:59 PM »

Hi Silenoz,

Thanks man, I saw a few comments posted in another thread about the Lego Silencer so I know a lot of folks here love the ship. I'm glad I captured it well enough.

My Force premonition must be strong... Roll Eyes

(And thanks Infinit I got the point!)

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2018, 04:49:13 PM »

Far less cute, but the fighter wings make excellent claws.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #202 on: November 26, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »

Hello Lady Revan,

Thank you very much also. And I will apologise as some eagle eyed people may notice the Wings are not matching! When I built this I hadn't worked out the Mirror function so I built one claw then copied it and flipped it horizontally and vertically to create the second. Unfortunately it means it has two left claws - but you do have to look closely.

BTW can anyone tell me if the YT embed and links work as my laptop won't display videos on this forum  Sad

Thanks and a point Lady Revan.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #203 on: November 26, 2018, 09:55:26 AM »

BTW can anyone tell me if the YT embed and links work as my laptop won't display videos on this forum  Sad

I see all your pics and one YT link. Here it is.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ydal3zIe3A&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2018, 05:08:02 PM »

Hi Silenoz,

Thanks for the assistance! I have an old Win7 laptop and YT videos don't show up on it if I try to view them on this forum (Boo!)

And I apologise the animation is only 5-6 secs long but that is about as much as the laptop can manage to render without it crashing!

points coming in. (Take the saber for a spin  Grin)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2018, 07:25:50 PM »

Very nice Tyeth. The TIE Silencer is (and sadly I will admit it) one of the best parts of the new trilogy. They did very good on Kylo's ship.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2018, 01:00:35 PM »

Very nice Tyeth. The TIE Silencer is (and sadly I will admit it) one of the best parts of the new trilogy. They did very good on Kylo's ship.

Hi Taegin, The Silencer was the best part I think and I have to say that the LEGO Tie Silencer is awesome too. They actually addressed the pilot visibility issues for Tie Pilots and made it look good. And it does spin very well  Grin

Glad you like the design and I hope to bring a few more yet.
point incoming.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2018, 09:16:58 PM »

Great job FT you just keep em coming! Can't add much more than what the others said, but yeah very well integrated design an has a very Sith/Darkside (knights of Ren whatever they are LOL) feel with the claws/wings. Only thing i would add is some grey highlights to break up the black a little.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2018, 02:33:21 PM »

Great job FT you just keep em coming! Can't add much more than what the others said, but yeah very well integrated design an has a very Sith/Darkside (knights of Ren whatever they are LOL) feel with the claws/wings. Only thing i would add is some grey highlights to break up the black a little.

Hi Lord_S_Gray, your comments are always welcome. Having looked at the Lego Silencer I noticed there was some detailing behind the cockpit that I could add as a greeblie and maybe some detail in the wing panels.
I might even fix those claws so they do match  Smiley

Thanks once again and please keep giving recommendations they all help.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2018, 10:50:22 PM »

Hi Lord_S_Gray, your comments are always welcome. Having looked at the Lego Silencer I noticed there was some detailing behind the cockpit that I could add as a greeblie and maybe some detail in the wing panels.
I might even fix those claws so they do match  Smiley

Thanks once again and please keep giving recommendations they all help.

Yeah it was the Lego  75179 i was looking at, the thin edging of gray around the black wings that i noticed most as it 'frames' the black so it doesn't get lost - grey on the raised edges on the main hilt handle as well might be a way to get it down the length of the sabre too. but yeah so many options you could do!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: