Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448882 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2070 on: September 04, 2021, 05:57:17 PM »

Interesting concept ideas floating in that big brain of yours.
Have a point.

Hi chalion, thanks so much though I have to fill my head with something as folks have told me I don't have much else going on up there  Grin

But seriously, I have gotten to the point where I don't see everyday objects just for what they are, I also see possible saber designs. For example I'll see a nice motorcycle pass by and I'll see a nice bike PLUS a lightsaber shaped front suspension cylinder. These "Character" hilts are just the result of stretching the boundaries - they are normally unusable as a hilt and just for fun.

Thanks again. Point incoming.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2071 on: September 05, 2021, 11:51:30 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Yet again it is the weekend - where has this year gone - and the weekend means a new saber design. This time I go back to my "Character Themed" hilts which some of you may recall from the past. I created a saber based on General Grevious named "Kaleesh" close to when I first started this thread and later I modelled Iron Man, The Patriot and War Machine as I gradually got more adept at Blender 3D.. and today I have my latest character inspired by a scoundrel that appeared in an animated show I got to watch over the past couple of months. This character is a Bounty Hunter and his name is....BANE...

As you can see I really went to town on this build adding lots of details I could only have dreamt of attempting on the Kaleesh and Iron Man hilts. Again I feel pleased how this turned out and the colours look pretty close to the collectible figure I used as reference building this hilt. This is the figurine...

I think I got most of the details on this and don't worry I didn't forget to add an on/off switch - that is located on the underside of the saber where the two breather tubes attach to a small "backpack" in which I mounted the button.

I hope you liked this popular character and thanks for checking it out. Till next time...

I can just imagine when this sbar is activated, instead of the legendary snap hiss it growls 'What are You looking At!' The face integration with the trademark pipes is superbly left field and brilliant. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2072 on: September 05, 2021, 02:58:47 PM »

I can just imagine when this sbar is activated, instead of the legendary snap hiss it growls 'What are You looking At!' The face integration with the trademark pipes is superbly left field and brilliant. 

Hi LSG, I really need to start thinking about boot up sounds for my sabers I think! I like your suggestion.
I was quite happy with the breathing tubes because for a long time I was unable to create shaped objects like this as I was using the free version of SketchUp, another 3D modelling software but one that limits it's functions if you don't pay for a license. Anyway I switched to Blender and it was still hard to work with curves but I've worked it out now. And while the tubes may seem left field they do serve a bit of an in-universe and in real life function. The tubes are used to carry the wires from the main circuit/power supply to the LEDs in the face! In fact the tubes extend to the activation box/switch on the underside of the hilt....

Thanks for checking the hilt out and stay tuned, you never know I might start knocking out Boot sounds!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2073 on: September 06, 2021, 04:41:04 AM »

Hello Everyone,

I have something a bit different today, I have been struggling this past 18 months to find new really strong design ideas for my sabers. This is because the SW Skywalker saga movies have kinda finished now and a lot of new material is on Disney+ or in the plethora of books, comics  and other media I can't afford to buy. I have managed to watch the Bad Batch on an anime site and that provided me with my Batch collection. But as I say I was struggling however Mrs Tyeth bought me a present recently that has sparked a new line for my creativity. Some of you may recall my Jedi Interceptor that I own, the Delta 7 Aethersprite? Well if you haven't seen it it is this one...

I must have built this back around 2002 and I still have it but it needed an upgrade and that's where Mrs T's present comes in. She bought me a bag of LEGO from a thrift store containing "2 Star Wars Starfighters"....well it turns one starfighter was a model of an Apache AH-64 helicopter (which is still quite nice) and the rest of the bag was full of yellow and grey pieces. So I downloaded the instructions for Anakin's Interceptor and attempted to build it...and SUCCESS! I couldn't believe it but all the parts were in the bag for a 2014 version of his ship! And here it is in both real life brick and....digital form!
The Real Brick...

And....

Yes I have stumbled into the world of brick building! The real brick building was relaxing fun (I also build Speed Champion cars when I can) but I discovered that Lego still had an old piece of software called the "Lego Digital Designer" so I installed that and it worked! I can now build virtual Lego models including most of the official Star Wars sets. As you can see I can also take screenshots and edit them so I'm having a blast brick building. I have built part of Theed city, complete with AAT's and Battle Droids and I have constructed a "mystery Mandalorian" ship from scratch which I'm pleased with. I may post those in later posts.
Anyhoo this post is something a little different but is dragging on a bit, so I'll finish here.
Thanks for checking out my new spare time hobby!  OH and the price for the Interceptor?.....$3.50!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2074 on: September 06, 2021, 08:50:12 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I have something a bit different today, I have been struggling this past 18 months to find new really strong design ideas for my sabers. This is because the SW Skywalker saga movies have kinda finished now and a lot of new material is on Disney+ or in the plethora of books, comics  and other media I can't afford to buy. I have managed to watch the Bad Batch on an anime site and that provided me with my Batch collection. But as I say I was struggling however Mrs Tyeth bought me a present recently that has sparked a new line for my creativity. Some of you may recall my Jedi Interceptor that I own, the Delta 7 Aethersprite? Well if you haven't seen it it is this one...

I must have built this back around 2002 and I still have it but it needed an upgrade and that's where Mrs T's present comes in. She bought me a bag of LEGO from a thrift store containing "2 Star Wars Starfighters"....well it turns one starfighter was a model of an Apache AH-64 helicopter (which is still quite nice) and the rest of the bag was full of yellow and grey pieces. So I downloaded the instructions for Anakin's Interceptor and attempted to build it...and SUCCESS! I couldn't believe it but all the parts were in the bag for a 2014 version of his ship! And here it is in both real life brick and....digital form!
The Real Brick...

And....

Yes I have stumbled into the world of brick building! The real brick building was relaxing fun (I also build Speed Champion cars when I can) but I discovered that Lego still had an old piece of software called the "Lego Digital Designer" so I installed that and it worked! I can now build virtual Lego models including most of the official Star Wars sets. As you can see I can also take screenshots and edit them so I'm having a blast brick building. I have built part of Theed city, complete with AAT's and Battle Droids and I have constructed a "mystery Mandalorian" ship from scratch which I'm pleased with. I may post those in later posts.
Anyhoo this post is something a little different but is dragging on a bit, so I'll finish here.
Thanks for checking out my new spare time hobby!  OH and the price for the Interceptor?.....$3.50!
I absolutely love what you've done here my friend!  Plus: joining two of my favorite all-time hobbies into one like this is just PURE WIN  Smiley

Wonderful MOC with your Jedi starfighter^^  Once again, I'm impressed by your 3D modeling; Anakin's/FT's ( Wink) and Obi-Wan's Jedi fighters (my favorite!) look like they could have come from one of the building instructions from Lego themselves!

I can't wait to see your "mystery Mandalorian" specs  Smiley

...I wish that Legos were closer to your price tag rather than the inflated cost that even modest sets seem to advertise.

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2075 on: September 07, 2021, 03:02:57 AM »

I absolutely love what you've done here my friend!  Plus: joining two of my favorite all-time hobbies into one like this is just PURE WIN  Smiley

Wonderful MOC with your Jedi starfighter^^  Once again, I'm impressed by your 3D modeling; Anakin's/FT's ( Wink) and Obi-Wan's Jedi fighters (my favorite!) look like they could have come from one of the building instructions from Lego themselves!

I can't wait to see your "mystery Mandalorian" specs  Smiley

...I wish that Legos were closer to your price tag rather than the inflated cost that even modest sets seem to advertise.

Hi Dutch,

I didn't exactly model these myself, but rather "built" them in the Lego application using the blocks and bricks that are supplied in the software. And there are a lot of bricks/parts in most of the available colours.
The Lego Digital Designer:

And someone is building the Death Star Official kit in this image (not me, I'm not that advanced yet!)

As you can see from the last picture there are all kinds of parts and pieces though I will say this software hasn't been updated since about 2015 so some more recent sets may be hard to recreate...but you can build X, Y, U, and B-Wings, Falcons, Death Stars and of course Tie Fighters and Jedi Interceptors. The digital Interceptor I built is slightly different from the actual set as I modified the interior of the cockpit adding a cradle to hold a saber (behind the headrest), and a few tweaks on the underside.
However the "secret" Mando ship is a totally original build inspired by a photo of a Mando cargo/combat ship. But just as the Razor Crest can take care of itself I think my new Mando hauler should be able to as well. It will be coming soon!

p.s. And that' figure stood in front of my digital model is meant to be me  Grin

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2076 on: September 26, 2021, 09:59:06 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Apologies it's been a while since I posted anything new but real life has thrown a few spanners into the works and I have had to devote more time to tending an elderly relative. Problem is my family member doesn't live in town so I have had a lot of commuting to do (the journey involves a coach ride and TWO rail journeys to get there). Sooo...as a result, well I haven't posted. But I have something today a bit different. A few posts back I showed off a Cad Bane shaped saber, well today I have a saber shaped like a Bounty Hunter or gunslinger's pistol. But, unlike Jocasta Nu's rifle saber, this one is designed to withstand the massive forces and works as a pistol and a saber. This is "Frontier"...

I envisaged this saber to use Kyber infused cartridges which can either be energised and fired as a projectile or energised and kept in situ as the focusing lens to produce a regular blade.
And I will say modelling this was a pain...sorry challenge, as I am no gunsmith and trying to align the chambering/breech, the cylinder and the swingarm was difficult (this is the first revolver I've made!) But I think it's close enough. I was tempted to add a filigree etch pattern on the metallic parts but the method I used to shape the frame of the saber prevented that - maybe next time.

Anyhoo, this was just to let you know I am still around, and I have had some great news - the sound of tiny feet will soon be echoing around For Tyeth Towers as a new addition to the family will be arriving - though probably not how or what you'd expect! Thanks for checking this hilt/revolver out. Till next time...

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2077 on: September 26, 2021, 04:39:31 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Apologies it's been a while since I posted anything new but real life has thrown a few spanners into the works and I have had to devote more time to tending an elderly relative. Problem is my family member doesn't live in town so I have had a lot of commuting to do (the journey involves a coach ride and TWO rail journeys to get there). Sooo...as a result, well I haven't posted. But I have something today a bit different. A few posts back I showed off a Cad Bane shaped saber, well today I have a saber shaped like a Bounty Hunter or gunslinger's pistol. But, unlike Jocasta Nu's rifle saber, this one is designed to withstand the massive forces and works as a pistol and a saber. This is "Frontier"...

I envisaged this saber to use Kyber infused cartridges which can either be energised and fired as a projectile or energised and kept in situ as the focusing lens to produce a regular blade.
And I will say modelling this was a pain...sorry challenge, as I am no gunsmith and trying to align the chambering/breech, the cylinder and the swingarm was difficult (this is the first revolver I've made!) But I think it's close enough. I was tempted to add a filigree etch pattern on the metallic parts but the method I used to shape the frame of the saber prevented that - maybe next time.

Anyhoo, this was just to let you know I am still around, and I have had some great news - the sound of tiny feet will soon be echoing around For Tyeth Towers as a new addition to the family will be arriving - though probably not how or what you'd expect! Thanks for checking this hilt/revolver out. Till next time...
A very interesting design/concept!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2078 on: September 26, 2021, 06:59:50 PM »

A very interesting design/concept!

Hi Darth Rondoudou, thank you very much, I was always interested in the idea after reading about Jocasta's rifle weapon and wondered if I could "shrink it down" to a more manageable/tactical weapon. As a result I am sure there are modifications and ergonomic tweaks that could be added, also my modelling could be improved too as I hadn't modelled a blaster before! Glad you liked the core idea however, thanks again.
point incoming.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2079 on: September 26, 2021, 11:05:48 PM »

Brilliant concept For, perfectly executed as always.  Honesty I have to say I may have to borrow this saber for some of my fan fiction, a lightsaber blade that is fired at range is too good not to include!

Little feet, are you getting a pet Ewok?

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2080 on: September 27, 2021, 03:02:37 AM »

Brilliant concept For, perfectly executed as always.  Honesty I have to say I may have to borrow this saber for some of my fan fiction, a lightsaber blade that is fired at range is too good not to include!

Little feet, are you getting a pet Ewok?

Hi LSG, thanks very much but as I mentioned to Darth Rondoudou I basically took the Jocasta Nu rifle idea and scaled it down after a friend of mine commented on my blog that he liked my Cad Bane hilt and would like to see a "gunslingers" saber. This was also another test of my modelling skills as I had to align all the "mechanical parts" so the Kyber cartidges and the regular blade would "travel" through the breech and barrel etc as expected.

And regards Little Feet....no it's not an Ewok but it is even cuter. It is a little friend to help me build my sabers !  Roll Eyes
Thanks for checking out the "Frontier" - point incoming.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2081 on: September 30, 2021, 01:42:45 AM »

I see that you have 2 more creative saber designs. Points for both the Bane (very creative) and the Frontier sabers.  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2082 on: September 30, 2021, 05:35:53 AM »

I see that you have 2 more creative saber designs. Points for both the Bane (very creative) and the Frontier sabers.  Grin

Hi there MavRick, glad you liked my two latest offerings - they were a little different. I will admit I have slowed down a bit on designing but I have recently managed to watch the new Anime inspired "SW Visions" series so I hope to add a few more hilts inspired by those shows. I am also working on a couple more Mando series sabers too.
Hope you and your folks are well and thanks for checking my thread out again!
And may I award you your 500th Lightside point!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2083 on: October 02, 2021, 09:54:22 PM »

I don't know what it is about this, but this is brilliant, and I love it! (I actually do know what it is. I LOVE westerns!)

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2084 on: October 03, 2021, 06:36:23 AM »

I don't know what it is about this, but this is brilliant, and I love it! (I actually do know what it is. I LOVE westerns!)

So glad you like the "Frontier", I wanted to build something different that would test my problem solving in 3D modelling. I'm self taught and have no engineering experience (except what my father taught me - was a full qualified mechanic) so getting the parts of the "revolver" to line up and look as if they would work was a challenge. I also wanted to add an etch pattern but a glitch with Blender 3D prevented me from doing that - I may rebuild this and add the patterning later.

Finally, Star Wars was described as a "space opera western" movie so I guess this hilt is fitting. Thanks as always for checking it out.

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: