Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448971 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2175 on: May 04, 2022, 11:10:19 PM »

IMPRESSIVE... MOST IMPRESIVE!! And well deserved for all the time and effort you put into your designs.  I always look forward to seeing what you come up with next. MTFBWY!

Hi MavRiick, thank you and Happy May the Fourth Be With You! Like TheDutchman, you have been a great support and big part of this journey I've been on. Hopefully I can coma up with more stuff in future and keep on impressing!

Thanks so much.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2176 on: May 11, 2022, 08:35:49 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Unfortunately I have a little bit of bad news - again my laptop has failed and I'm unable to post anything. I am using my smartphone just to leave this comment!
I'm hoping it's just an issue with the laptop power adapter but I still have to wait till payday so I can get a new one to test it.
Anyhooo I'm not going anywhere and will return but for now I may be a bit quiet!
Thanks for your understanding.

(How do you youngsters manage to use the internet on a phone? ..this is terrible  Roll Eyes)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2177 on: June 06, 2022, 04:45:41 PM »

Hello Everybody,

So sorry for the long delay...I had a battery charger crisis and my laptop failed and I had to buy a new power brick for it - unfortunately the manufacturer sent me the wrong brick and I had to wait for a second one I had to buy. Cost me $100 for TWO chargers....I couldn't be bothered returning the wrong one and it might come in useful if I buy a new laptop in future as it is a USB-C adaptor.
ANYHOO...enough tech issue talk, I left you last time with the announcement that I'd passed 250,000 views on this topic and posted an image with a "new" saber on it. Well that saber was one I designed prompted by fellow member Karmack. We were discussing the possibility of Ultrasabers holding a design contest with the winner possibly getting their design added to the US Line-up. Well I decided to take up Karmack's challange and "redesigned" an existing US saber...The Aeon V3 and came up with this....

I added a slanted emitter, edged in gold and I updated the handgrip to feature a vertical Grenade Grip pattern in gold also. Then a pommel insert and a few gold bands to break up the amount of black finished the look. Hope you like it and I should have more stuff coming in the next weeks as usual! Thanks if you stuck around.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2178 on: June 06, 2022, 07:30:55 PM »

Well done as always, I like the way this looks. And yes it does look like something Ultra sabers would make. Point to you good Sir. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2179 on: June 06, 2022, 08:42:04 PM »

That's very pretty For. I love slanted emitters.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #2180 on: June 06, 2022, 10:21:31 PM »

Hello Everybody,

So sorry for the long delay...I had a battery charger crisis and my laptop failed and I had to buy a new power brick for it - unfortunately the manufacturer sent me the wrong brick and I had to wait for a second one I had to buy. Cost me $100 for TWO chargers....I couldn't be bothered returning the wrong one and it might come in useful if I buy a new laptop in future as it is a USB-C adaptor.
ANYHOO...enough tech issue talk, I left you last time with the announcement that I'd passed 250,000 views on this topic and posted an image with a "new" saber on it. Well that saber was one I designed prompted by fellow member Karmack. We were discussing the possibility of Ultrasabers holding a design contest with the winner possibly getting their design added to the US Line-up. Well I decided to take up Karmack's challange and "redesigned" an existing US saber...The Aeon V3 and came up with this....

I added a slanted emitter, edged in gold and I updated the handgrip to feature a vertical Grenade Grip pattern in gold also. Then a pommel insert and a few gold bands to break up the amount of black finished the look. Hope you like it and I should have more stuff coming in the next weeks as usual! Thanks if you stuck around.

I love this design and would definitely buy one if they were made available. I love the way the Aeon v3 feels in the hand. It is one of my favorite sabers. Your redesign is awesome.  I love the emitter and everything else.  Black and silver go nice together.  To me, a black and silver hilt could be Jedi or Sith.
 Black and gold however just screams Sith to me. Gold and black is too decadent for a Jedi.
This is a great design. Thanks for posting more pictures of it!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2181 on: June 06, 2022, 11:19:25 PM »

Well done as always, I like the way this looks. And yes it does look like something Ultra sabers would make.

That's very pretty For. I love slanted emitters.

Hi MavRick and Taegin, thank you guys glad you like it and think it might fit in Ultrasabers' wheelhouse. I just wanted to refresh the look but nothing too drastic that would require a lot of retooling/machining if it were ever made.

I love this design and would definitely buy one if they were made available. I love the way the Aeon v3 feels in the hand. It is one of my favorite sabers. Your redesign is awesome.  I love the emitter and everything else.  Black and silver go nice together.  To me, a black and silver hilt could be Jedi or Sith.
 Black and gold however just screams Sith to me. Gold and black is too decadent for a Jedi.
This is a great design. Thanks for posting more pictures of it!

Hi Kaiser...sorry it took me a while! But I'm back up and running now. That means I can work on a few colour variants in the next week or two - I was just working off some suggestions by Karmack with this one (I also have a more basic one with a slotted emitter I could possibly post too).

Glad you all enjoyed it and points on the way to each.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2182 on: June 13, 2022, 07:14:13 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Wonderful design, FT!  I have to say that the subtle curvature of the hilt also reminds me of the Monarch.  Paired with the slanted emitter, the fantastic color scheme, and the grip, this is definitely a more "elegant weapon for a civilized time"  Wink

And don't worry about the erratic postings; I KNOW that Real Life gets in the way (I SO need to get back to my own writing...)  Cheesy

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2183 on: June 13, 2022, 07:54:14 PM »

Wonderful design, FT!  I have to say that the subtle curvature of the hilt also reminds me of the Monarch.  Paired with the slanted emitter, the fantastic color scheme, and the grip, this is definitely a more "elegant weapon for a civilized time"  Wink
And don't worry about the erratic postings; I KNOW that Real Life gets in the way (I SO need to get back to my own writing...)  Cheesy

Hello Dutch! Thanks so much, glad you also liked this slightly modified Aeon. Regards the Monarch...funny you should mention that as I designed a hilt similar to that saber for Lord S. Gray a month or so back for his story...it might make an appearance soon (it has a neat colour scheme and is curvy too!).

Hope all's well with you and your folks.
point inbound.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2184 on: June 13, 2022, 08:07:19 PM »

Hello Dutch! Thanks so much, glad you also liked this slightly modified Aeon. Regards the Monarch...funny you should mention that as I designed a hilt similar to that saber for Lord S. Gray a month or so back for his story...it might make an appearance soon (it has a neat colour scheme and is curvy too!).

Hope all's well with you and your folks.
point inbound.
Shocked

OK, now I really, REALLY want to know more!!!

...Oh, and it's good to see you back on, my friend  Smiley

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2185 on: June 13, 2022, 08:24:13 PM »

Shocked

OK, now I really, REALLY want to know more!!!

...Oh, and it's good to see you back on, my friend  Smiley

Hi again, yes if I recall the characters were named Milaea and Aresaea...and they had quite distinct hilts. But I'll let LSG fill you in with more detail and the reveal.

Also I sent you an email earlier with a few updates you've been waiting for too.
 Cool

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2186 on: June 14, 2022, 12:27:03 AM »

What a pain you've had with hardware For, a constant battle, so much talent limited by faulty tools.  This latest design is really nice, the contrast between the sqaure shapes of the grenade grip and the smoother rounded sections is fantastic, truly an elegant weapon for a more civilized age!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2187 on: June 14, 2022, 01:16:52 AM »

What a pain you've had with hardware For, a constant battle, so much talent limited by faulty tools.  This latest design is really nice, the contrast between the sqaure shapes of the grenade grip and the smoother rounded sections is fantastic, truly an elegant weapon for a more civilized age!

Hello LSG, you would not believe the problems I've had with tech. Even ordering a new power adaptor was an ordeal as I had to do it using a smartphone. I had the small screen to contend with then when I made the purchase I had to confirm with my bank that it was me making the buy with a code ....then the manufacturer sent the wrong adaptor...but anyhoo I'm still here and designing for now!

I am so glad you and everyone so far likes these new "old" designs, I've had them under wraps for a while as I mentioned. I designed this one when we were discussing the idea of a design competition in the "What we'd like to see from Ultrasabers" thread.

Thanks as always for the support and comment! point on the way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2188 on: June 27, 2022, 11:34:15 AM »

Hello Everybody,

I thought it was about time that I posted another new design and this one was inspired by new little friend that I received in October last year. The friend was a prize I won in fellow member Darth Rage's subscriber giveaway he held on his social media. I was fortunate enough to be picked out as the winner of the 900 subscribers prize draw and I was sent a Talking Plush Babu Frik doll! (and a neat Darth Vader billfold wallet which I wasn't expecting - Rage was trying to turn me tothe Darkside I'm sure!)
You can see my little shout-out to thank Darth Rage here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg795646#msg795646

When Babu arrived I found that he had his "welding torch" as an accessory in his hand and I immediately thought "Wow Babu has a curved saber!" So I decided to 3D model his torch and turn it into a saber. This is what I came up with (and a picture of the Babu toy)....

I had to make a saber for Babu because he kept eyeing up my saber collection, I think he wanted to tinker with them! I also want to thank Darth Rage again for his Sith generosity.
Thank you for checking this design out and I hope you enjoyed it.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2189 on: June 27, 2022, 07:13:53 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I thought it was about time that I posted another new design and this one was inspired by new little friend that I received in October last year. The friend was a prize I won in fellow member Darth Rage's subscriber giveaway he held on his social media. I was fortunate enough to be picked out as the winner of the 900 subscribers prize draw and I was sent a Talking Plush Babu Frik doll! (and a neat Darth Vader billfold wallet which I wasn't expecting - Rage was trying to turn me tothe Darkside I'm sure!)
You can see my little shout-out to thank Darth Rage here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg795646#msg795646

When Babu arrived I found that he had his "welding torch" as an accessory in his hand and I immediately thought "Wow Babu has a curved saber!" So I decided to 3D model his torch and turn it into a saber. This is what I came up with (and a picture of the Babu toy)....

I had to make a saber for Babu because he kept eyeing up my saber collection, I think he wanted to tinker with them! I also want to thank Darth Rage again for his Sith generosity.
Thank you for checking this design out and I hope you enjoyed it.

This is adorable, FT!

OK, Babu could give even Grogu a run for his money in the "cute" department  Wink  And this hilt has a more "utilitarian" look to it, appropriate for the little guy in question  Smiley

And, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that Aurebesh for "Frik?"  Nice touch, that^^

Point!

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: