Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448892 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2295 on: April 28, 2023, 02:54:29 AM »

Really got those Katana designs down to an art For and those subtle glow effects are always nice. energised but not a flashlight. Very interested to see how this design looks with different colour glows in the group photo, the red is very Sith, wondering how a Yellow etc. will go.

Hi LSG and thanks, I've done a few now and still have one or two non Ranger versions to come  Roll Eyes
Regarding the group photo of the Ranger hilts...I can say that it was difficult to align everything up and get them all in shot. And I also had similar issues as George Lucas had with the background environment affecting the blade FX!

I'll post more in a few days time ok.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2296 on: April 28, 2023, 05:56:10 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well it's been about a week since I posted the "In-Vader X-1" hilt so had better showcase my next saber. Now as some of you may be aware I have been on holiday recently and I visited some awesome places that were used as film and tv show locations. One particular show that I visited a location for was Power Rangers Dino Fury...so I had to come up with a collection for the Rangers right? Ok here is the first and this is named "Power Red"

I 3D modelled the Ranger's Lightning Bolt logo so it is actually a solid part of the model, not just a pasted on graphic texture. This is basically a rework of my Katana hilt but each Ranger has their own colour matched hilt so I  might not post each version. Luckily I have a "group photo" of all five that I may post next. Thanks for checking this one out.
While Power Rangers was never my thing, I absolutely LOVE katanas!  SO, no surprise that these renderings look absolutely spectacular, For!  The lighting texture of the gold tsuba and kashira are beautiful, not to mention the tight handle-wrapping.  And that blade looks so sharp that I could cut myself just looking at it  Wink

Just my own opinion, I'd love to see the other Rangers' swords  Wink

Keep them coming, For!

Point  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2297 on: April 28, 2023, 09:56:03 PM »

Hello Dutch,

Thanks and I'm glad you enjoy all these Katanas! I have to say that I am really happy with that gold texturing, it turned out way better than I anticipated because it isn't a photographic texture but one that Blender generates from numerical inputs. Using  RGB values, shading information and info relating to the surface (and etching) such as how rough the surface would be if real, Blender then generates a "virtual material" to apply to your model. The texture looked fairly realistic no matter what lighting I used to illuminate it and so I was able to use it for more than just my models but also as the texture for 3D lettering etc.

I'll post the group photo on the 5th - then I have a "FT Master Series" hilt to show off!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2298 on: April 29, 2023, 01:16:08 AM »

Hello Everybody, now technically I know this is a saber I have showcased before BUT...as it is the anniversary of the release of Return of the Jedi I felt it was worth posting again in case any new members haven't seen it!

In the last picture you might have noticed not one, but TWO crystal chambers AND the top of the control box was partially open...wanna peek inside?...

Thanks for checking this design out and for your continued support.
p.s. can you believe this 3D model is nearly FOUR years old now? Shocked

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2299 on: May 05, 2023, 11:48:08 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I nearly forgot I promised to post the "Group Photo" of my Power Rangers Katana collection so I figured I'd post one pic of each blade and then the group one to save time. If anyone wants to see any from different angles etc let me know. Here's the pics...

Each saber has it's own colour scheme and if you zoom in closely you will see they have different  types of leather textures from each other too.
I managed to find a 360deg photo of a shipping container dockyard to use as the setting for the last picture....I just recall seeing the Rangers battling the Puttymen in a dock many years ago  Grin
Thanks for looking in on the collection.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2300 on: May 06, 2023, 01:46:12 AM »

I love the katana set. I'd love to see Ultrsabers eventually release something katana inspired.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2301 on: May 06, 2023, 10:48:29 AM »

I love the katana set. I'd love to see Ultrsabers eventually release something katana inspired.

Hi SFD, thanks very much - I had a hard time arranging them and fitting them all into frame.
And maybe, bearing in mind Ultrasabers have made the Darksaber and the Ghost recently, just maybe they might make a Ronin?  Shocked

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2302 on: May 06, 2023, 09:47:30 PM »

Hello Everybody, now technically I know this is a saber I have showcased before BUT...as it is the anniversary of the release of Return of the Jedi I felt it was worth posting again in case any new members haven't seen it!

In the last picture you might have noticed not one, but TWO crystal chambers AND the top of the control box was partially open...wanna peek inside?...

Thanks for checking this design out and for your continued support.
p.s. can you believe this 3D model is nearly FOUR years old now? Shocked
Alright!  Not only is the Archon v3.1 my FAVORITE lightsaber BUT For's renderings are as well!!!

OUTSTANDING work my friend!

Hello Everybody,

I nearly forgot I promised to post the "Group Photo" of my Power Rangers Katana collection so I figured I'd post one pic of each blade and then the group one to save time. If anyone wants to see any from different angles etc let me know. Here's the pics...

Each saber has it's own colour scheme and if you zoom in closely you will see they have different  types of leather textures from each other too.
I managed to find a 360deg photo of a shipping container dockyard to use as the setting for the last picture....I just recall seeing the Rangers battling the Puttymen in a dock many years ago  Grin
Thanks for looking in on the collection.
As I said before: I love katanas!  These are spectacular, For!

Hi SFD, thanks very much - I had a hard time arranging them and fitting them all into frame.
And maybe, bearing in mind Ultrasabers have made the Darksaber and the Ghost recently, just maybe they might make a Ronin?  Shocked

I REALLY like the unique shape of the tsuba on this saber!  And "Ronin" is a great name for it  Smiley

WELL deserved point!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2303 on: May 07, 2023, 01:07:43 AM »

Alright!  Not only is the Archon v3.1 my FAVORITE lightsaber BUT For's renderings are as well!!!
OUTSTANDING work my friend!
As I said before: I love katanas!  These are spectacular, For!
I REALLY like the unique shape of the tsuba on this saber!  And "Ronin" is a great name for it  Smiley
WELL deserved point!

Thanks Durch,  I have to say that the Katanas are my own work but modelling them is addictive. When I come up with a theme for one it triggers a whole load of other ideas for other designs from other franchises etc.

However, the "Ronin" I can't take credit for as it is based on the hilt seen in the Star Wars Visions series of animations (and in particular the self titled episode "Ronin"). That episode and the lead character's hilt just looked fantastic that I had to make my own version of it. It has that traditional look mixed nicely with a cyberpunk style with the emitter and pommel.
I have a few other "Visions" hilts coming up in the near future so stay tuned ok.
Thanks for the kind words. Point incoming.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2304 on: May 09, 2023, 11:22:23 PM »

A Rainbow of nicely glowing Katana's and the Ronin looks great, simple but definitely has a unique look to it, well done again.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2305 on: May 11, 2023, 08:15:16 PM »

I love the katana sabers! They all look pretty great! Point to you good Sir! Well done.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2306 on: May 11, 2023, 09:32:35 PM »

A Rainbow of nicely glowing Katana's and the Ronin looks great, simple but definitely has a unique look to it, well done again.
I love the katana sabers! They all look pretty great! Point to you good Sir! Well done.
Hi guys, I think I have exhausted my collection of katanas for now (I may have one or two left but I'll post them later)...this week I'll post another iconic hilt. So glad you both enjoyed the katanas.
points incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2307 on: May 12, 2023, 10:38:57 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Earlier in this thread I posted a few pictures of Luke's ROTJ (Risen) hilt that I modelled as part of my "Master Series" collection of hilts and today as promised I have another Master hilt, this time it belongs to .....KENOBIIIIII! (<Sorry had to do the impression  Grin)

I really knuckled down and attempted to get this 100%, I even modelled the closed weather vane  in the thin neck, the Transistor greeblies, the Booster Cog - all of it. I particularly like the copper texturing I got on the thin neck - that will be a texture I use again for future builds.
Oh and of course this one has a crystal chamber reveal too.
Thanks for looking in and I hope you like this one.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2308 on: May 12, 2023, 11:36:30 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Earlier in this thread I posted a few pictures of Luke's ROTJ (Risen) hilt that I modelled as part of my "Master Series" collection of hilts and today as promised I have another Master hilt, this time it belongs to .....KENOBIIIIII! (<Sorry had to do the impression  Grin)

I really knuckled down and attempted to get this 100%, I even modelled the closed weather vane  in the thin neck, the Transistor greeblies, the Booster Cog - all of it. I particularly like the copper texturing I got on the thin neck - that will be a texture I use again for future builds.
Oh and of course this one has a crystal chamber reveal too.
Thanks for looking in and I hope you like this one.
This, and especially Luke's RotJ saber, are my favorite hilts!  FT, your attention to detail is incredible my friend and it shows with your Blender skills  Smiley  From the rendering of the geometric model, to the texturing, and the coloring (the copper IS awesome  Wink), Obi-Wan's lightsaber never looked so good.  Truly deserving of your "Master Series"  Cool

Did I say "Obi-Wan?"  What I meant to say was...

"KENOBIIIIII!"

Grin

Point!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2309 on: May 13, 2023, 05:02:35 AM »

This, and especially Luke's RotJ saber, are my favorite hilts!  Obi-Wan's lightsaber never looked so good.  Truly deserving of your "Master Series"  Cool

Did I say "Obi-Wan?"  What I meant to say was...

"KENOBIIIIII!"

Grin

Point!

Hello Dutch, thanks as always for the praise. I worked on this hilt for about two weeks longer than I normally spend on a build (most of which was getting good reference pictures to work from) but I enjoyed modelling it. Having built Luke's hilt helped me out with this one.

p.s. I think your impression of Maul was better than mine Grin

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: