Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448909 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2018, 03:17:37 PM »

Will do and as always....

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM »

Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

I should have known this ^^ was coming.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2018, 05:23:30 PM »

Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

I should have known this ^^ was coming.

I've been wanting to use that meme for quite some time now.
 Grin

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2018, 03:03:42 PM »

*sigh*   Children....    ;-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2018, 03:24:05 PM »

*sigh*   Children....    ;-)

lol, but that’s what makes this forum so funny

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2018, 02:05:47 AM »

Hello Everybody (and children  Cheesy )

It has turned midnight in the UK and it is officially the 31st Oct and Halloween....the Psycho Kinetic Energy is too high, Golden Fedora has apparitions in his house affecting his phone....The ghouls and ghosts and spectres and spooks are awaiting the joining of the Gatekeeper and the Keymaster....

This is a bad situation....Who ya gonna call?......yep, For Tyeth!

Here is my latest design that I have made and it is a culmination of all the tricks I have learnt in Blender so far. I have jumped slightly in my story to show this one but I'm pretty proud of this hilt and it is topical...so here is

ECTO-Plasma Saber...

ER....ok that's the roof rack! Not quite the saber I was expecting. But this shows off a few techniques including Wireframe modifier (to build the rack itself) Mirror modifier to create multiple copies of objects and place them symmetrically (The Ghost Traps). There are Materials added to give the chrome effect on the Ventilation Unit and the handles on the traps. Now those traps have a special function and were placed just right to balance this on them....

Yes here is ECTO-Plasma Saber! And as you can see it rests on it's own display stand, or rather the roof rack! I realise that this design is more of a display fun hilt rather than a viable duelling weapon and it's shape makes it hard to grip comfortably. I couldn't add the rack to the saber so used it to form the stand. The saber rests on the handles of the Ghost Traps.

The emitter is meant to represent the chromed radiator grille that Cadillacs are famed for and sets off the "Slimer-Green" blade quite nicely. The main body I tried to make look as close to a car body as possible. It has chrome trimmed windows, emergency lightbar, a Ghostbuster logo which would incorporate a Tactile switch as the activator. There are also the Streamline fins in red and chrome down the sides of the hilt, and on the rear we have a New York City yellow license tag and a set of chromed rear impact bars (seen in the teaser image I posted). And just to make this hilt useful, there is even a Covertech knob to hang it off your belt....ooh!

Hopefully I have done justice to the Ghostbusters' franchise and avoided upsetting any purists who think crossovers are a bad idea  Smiley From here on in my sabers will be inspired by Star Wars...(well maybe  Wink )

Thanks for checking out my spooky special.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2018, 02:33:41 AM »

Whoa there Tyeth. I have to say that I wish this was real and not just a render. I would have to have both the stand and the saber, they compliment each other well.  I always ask myself how are you going to design the next and what will you use to pull off the wow factor as before or better. You still amaze me with this demising and took it further while you’re learning a new modifier!

Point

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2018, 02:50:44 AM »

Hello Infinit,

Thanks man, I put myself under a bit of pressure as I know the fan bases for both Star Wars and Ghostbusters are devout so I had to get it right. I found the hardest part was knowing what details to include and which to leave out.

The roof rack just seemed to "flow" and whatever I tried worked. Believe it or not the rack and equipment is made up of just 5 pieces and arranged to look more complex than it really is!

So glad you like it.
Accept a point in return.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2018, 11:51:19 AM »

Hello Infinit,

Thanks man, I put myself under a bit of pressure as I know the fan bases for both Star Wars and Ghostbusters are devout so I had to get it right. I found the hardest part was knowing what details to include and which to leave out.

The roof rack just seemed to "flow" and whatever I tried worked. Believe it or not the rack and equipment is made up of just 5 pieces and arranged to look more complex than it really is!

So glad you like it.
Accept a point in return.

You did both genres justice since to me, the stand flows well with the saber that you designed and you chose the right arrangement with the equipment location for the roof rack.  I instantly knew those were Ghost Traps and the Ecto-1 tribute.  Really good work once again Tyeth.  You're someone that I look up to not only for just 3D designs either.  Keep up the good work!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2018, 05:58:10 AM »

Wow, Tyeth, I like it!  As Infinit01 said, I loved the homage to both the Ecto1 and the 'roof rack' display cradle.  Ghost traps indeed!  Those were always my favorite part of that movie.  There was at least a nod to actual science in what was basically a fantasy ghost story.  :-)

And an ectoplasm saber...  Sweet!  I still remember ecto-green cool-aid...   :-)   No connection, other than the color made me think of it.  LOL

Nice designs, Tyeth!  I'm sure you'd get some buyers if you realized it!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2018, 01:51:50 AM »

Wow, Tyeth, I like it!  As Infinit01 said, I loved the homage to both the Ecto1 and the 'roof rack' display cradle.  Ghost traps indeed!  Those were always my favorite part of that movie.  There was at least a nod to actual science in what was basically a fantasy ghost story.  :-)

And an ectoplasm saber...  Sweet!  I still remember ecto-green cool-aid...   :-)   No connection, other than the color made me think of it.  LOL

Nice designs, Tyeth!  I'm sure you'd get some buyers if you realized it!

Hi Karmack,

Sorry I'm late responding, there seemed to be a bit of a glitch with the Recent Posts list not updating properly and I didn't see you had commented.
But in regards of my design thank you very much. I loved Ghostbusters and when I realised Plasma was mentioned by both sets of fans I thought "There's an idea, a Ghostbusters hilt!" Obviously I could have modelled it on the "Wands" of the Proton packs but it would just look like the wands. Basing it on ECTO-1 gave me a challenge and an opportunity to get creative.

thanks again and accept a point.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2018, 03:02:39 AM »

Hello Everybody (and Naris Suril!)

I just noticed a comment by one of our newer members to the forum, Naris Suril, who suggested something about a special Crossguard saber. Well I may have the answer. I needed a Fully Operational Battle Weapon so I thought about building a Death Star....this was as far as I got.....

And I added an Imperial Logo on the pommel for good measure...

I based the hilt on this...

Again it might not be the best duelling saber in the galaxy...but it is the MOST POWERFUL!
I just need to build the rest of the station now.  Grin

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2018, 12:19:53 PM »

Beautiful work there, Tyeth.  Once again, you captured the a great recreation of something in saber form, in this case, the Throne room for the Death Star.  I really like it and the four mini blades are a really nice touch.  Swell work there! Point incoming!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2018, 05:59:06 AM »

Hello again Infinit,

As I mentioned on the Wishlist/What Do We Want Form Ultrasabers thread this hilt I posted quickly as Naris Suril mentioned a four bladed crossguard (< I like this person's thinking  Cheesy )

My friend from another message board suggested that I branched out to do larger scale models. I think they meant maybe a room interior or a Dalek but I picked the Death Star.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2018, 01:32:12 PM »

Looks good Tyeth. If I may, I'd like to see a Joker themed hilt, could you do one like that next?

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: