Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 449600 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #450 on: January 20, 2019, 12:42:17 PM »

That looks great. I'm a fan of both Bastilla Shan and Statele Shan. They're both great characters from those games.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #451 on: January 20, 2019, 12:50:54 PM »

That looks great. I'm a fan of both Bastilla Shan and Statele Shan. They're both great characters from those games.

Hi SFD, so glad you approve. I had fun with this build as I got to use all those new techniques we've discussed. I have used "Auto Smoothing," "Edge Split Modifier" as well as marking and creasing seams. Then I ventured further into UV Unwrapping and Texturing using Bump Mapping for the etch, so I'm really happy how it turned out!

I hope you like what I have in store. Thanks for the comment. +1

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #452 on: January 20, 2019, 03:46:11 PM »

Whoa, Tyeth!  This is by far my favorite saber from you!  And I mean it.  Statele Shan is one of my favorite characters and her saber staff is such a beauty that I longed coveted owning one for quite some time; however, due to only a few companies making them, they're quite expensive to own.  The saber is gorgeous.  I love the emitter with the staggered vertical windows which reminds me of a spire in a castle.  The gold accented screws/poles that secures the emitters to the body of the saber looks great along with the matching illuminated AV switches.  Speaking of which, the illuminated blue AV switch looks great and closely matches the color of the blade. I'm a huge fan of colored AV switched myself so this is a bonus in my eyes. And now the body of the saber, what can I say?  I love the etching work and I like that you made the saber your own design by using your own etching into it will still manage to pay homage to Statele Shan.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #453 on: January 20, 2019, 04:16:39 PM »

Hi Infinit,

I am so glad I continue to impress...though I have to say I had very strong inspiration with this hilt. It meant I had to do quite a bit of work to do it justice and at the same time just tweak it slightly so it wasn't just a carbon copy.
You're eyesight is improving, the blade and the lit AV switches use the same colour! In Blender I can do this quite easily but if this was a real solid prop then RGB AV switches could probably work.

And the hilt body and etching took a lot more work than normal but worth it. Luckily having chats with SFD taught me the functions I needed to learn to smooth the model and avoid "shadowing" (thanks!) and I learnt to apply a texture to mimic the etch. It is the same trick I used to replicate the circuitry etching on my Spectre tribute hilt a few posts back.

As always thanks for the comments and I hope to continue improving. +1

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #454 on: January 20, 2019, 06:03:08 PM »

Pretty! And great work on sharpening the detail. Slight correction though... Satele is "The Old Republic" not "Knights of the Old Republic." Sad

On other notes, thank you for revealing your schedule so I can avoid posting at the same time as you Tongue You keep covering my updates lol

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #455 on: January 20, 2019, 11:13:05 AM »

Pretty! And great work on sharpening the detail. Slight correction though... Satele is "The Old Republic" not "Knights of the Old Republic." Sad

On other notes, thank you for revealing your schedule so I can avoid posting at the same time as you Tongue You keep covering my updates lol

Hello Lady Revam, thanks for the kind feedback. I am really pleased how this turned out because the way Blender works it has the ability to make cylinders but they are more like hexagonal or octagonal (depending on how many sides you choose) This helps reduce the amount of calculations and time the computer spends displaying the model but makes the model appear blocky. Using the new techniques I've learnt retains the basic model but smoothes how the texture looks.

And don't worry I added the subtitle seen on the first picture "inspired by Knights...." because it is part of a series of hilts I posted on my site which began with hilts from that game. I explain in my article that Satele is the descendant of Revan and Bastila and so appears in SWTOR.

Again, thanks for the continued support (and I don't post at the same time as you intentionally! Honest.) point inbound

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #456 on: January 20, 2019, 09:19:04 PM »

Infinit/ScifiDude and Lady Revan have all said everything i might've already, Infinit in particular - so i will keep this short but hopefully poignant. 
For Tyeth you have truly achieved what this quote expresses....

This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #457 on: January 20, 2019, 10:37:49 PM »

Infinit/ScifiDude and Lady Revan have all said everything i might've already, Infinit in particular - so i will keep this short but hopefully poignant. 
For Tyeth you have truly achieved what this quote expresses....

This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age

Hello Lord_S_Gray, I would gladly take a compliment of my work like this any day if the week, thanks so much.

+1

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #458 on: January 24, 2019, 10:28:08 AM »

Holy crap!  My For Tyeth wish list will soon exceed my actual wish list!

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #459 on: January 24, 2019, 05:59:16 PM »

Holy crap!  My For Tyeth wish list will soon exceed my actual wish list!

Hello HanSolo, that is so nice to hear, it means I must be doing something right! I have been really busy recently and still have over a dozen new designs I have yet to show (this is why I haven't posted around the forum as much - I designed three hilts just this past week). Thanks for the kind remarks and at least MY hilt collection won't do any damage to your bank account....well, not yet!

point incoming

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #460 on: January 26, 2019, 01:52:16 PM »

That is a beautiful hilt For. Nicely done.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #461 on: January 26, 2019, 09:43:33 PM »

That is a beautiful hilt For. Nicely done.

Hello Taegin and thanks so much. It is a hilt I had for a while but when I first built it it looked "faceted" as I hadn't learnt the smoothing techniques. But once I worked out smoothing textures and defining sharp edges I put in a bit more work and revised the design to the standard you see here. I'm just really happy so many of you appreciate it - thanks guys and gals.

So much so my next design is coming up next.

point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #462 on: January 26, 2019, 10:06:46 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Firstly sorry for double posting but I was about to type this message up just before Taegin commented! I have my next design and I'll admit it is a little more simpler than my Satele-ite staff. However this is an earlier design but it checks out sir! It was also inspired by the fantastic concept art of the genius we know as Ralph MacQuarrie. The image in particular is the picture of the lightsaber wielding Stormtrooper in the corridors of a building. You can see the beautiful Adegan Silver blade (or maybe a hint of AB) but you can't see the hilt itself and I wondered what it looked like so I designed it how I thought it would look, this is TROOPER...

I figured that a Stormtrooper hilt would be a Shoto style length and only really used for things like riot control (and the shields the other troopers are carrying in the image reinforced that idea). As a result I came up with this compact, functional hilt that would sit nicely on a Trooper's utility belt. It does have a little bit of bling with the Imperial/Empire cog as the activation switch.

Sadly though George decided only the Jedi and Sith had sabers so I missed out on a business opportunity, I could have provided the sabers for the troops!

Oh well back to designing other hilts Tyeth! Thanks for all the kind comments and support that you keep sending.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #463 on: January 26, 2019, 03:50:33 PM »

I like this one too. I absolutley love looking at Ralph McQuarrie's concept art, so this one especially stands out to me. Very cool hilt Mr. Tyeth.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #464 on: January 26, 2019, 11:15:45 PM »

I like this one too. I absolutley love looking at Ralph McQuarrie's concept art, so this one especially stands out to me. Very cool hilt Mr. Tyeth.

Hello again Mr Roan!

No need to be so formal  Smiley Glad you also like this hilt too. In comparison to Satele-ite it does look simple but hidden in it are a few modelling tricks. I am looking to get a copy of Ralph's book but funds are a bit short, however I recently got a magazine from Future Publications titled "The Art of Film - Star Wars" and it features a collection of other concept artists' attempts at Star Wars images. There are fantastic pictures in it from artist's like Brandon Kenner and David Seeley. There are some particularly cool "propaganda style" poster images from an artist named Cat Staggs (these include a "The Empire is listening to you - Join the Cause!" type picture)  

Thanks again Taegin point coming at top of hour!

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: