Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 450022 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #525 on: February 13, 2019, 02:26:46 PM »

Hi Lady Revan, I didn't post this to tease you but as a little bit of encouragement to Ultrasabers to come up with a decent Bastilla Staff for you. If I can make one in Blender then their talented designers should be able to make an aluminium battle ready one!

point on it's way for your pains.

Thanks T^T It's not a difficult design by any means, but one that there's an appalling lack of across ALL saber smiths. Really, they would be doing themselves a favor by filling a niche. Only "Bastila Staff" designs by the other guys still get the emitter shape (the most distinguishing feature of an otherwise super plain design) wrong Sad Point back for your efforts! <3

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #526 on: February 13, 2019, 02:32:13 PM »

Thanks T^T It's not a difficult design by any means, but one that there's an appalling lack of across ALL saber smiths. Really, they would be doing themselves a favor by filling a niche.

Hello Lady Revan, well I have just sent you a PM with some info about something that might interest you, hope it is of use.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #527 on: February 14, 2019, 06:18:37 AM »

Hello Lady Revan, well I have just sent you a PM with some info about something that might interest you, hope it is of use.

I did see it, and it very well might be! Thank you!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #528 on: February 16, 2019, 05:08:56 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well it's about time for my regular design post and I apologise to those that don't like "crossover" or "mashup" themed hilts but I was recently challenged by a friend to design a Superman hilt with a difference. Here is what I came up with...

I know what you're thinking..."That's the Supermobile!"

It is based on that vehicle but it is also a saber when you remove it from it's stand!

It has a Kryptonian Krystal to power it and don't worry the crystal chamber is lead lined so Supes isn't harmed by the Kryptonite  Cheesy
And here is one final image to show the Corgi die-cast toy I was challenged to base the hilt on.

I figured this would be a Shoto style hilt (hence the length of the handgrip) but should a two handed grip be preferred it is possible to "stretch" the fuselage section between the  crystal chamber and the activation switch.
At the end of the day this was just a bit of fun, don't worry I have a Vader inspired replica and one for his apprentice among other hilts for future posts. Thanks for looking in.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #529 on: February 16, 2019, 02:47:54 PM »

That's adorable! XD Looks like something that would be super popular for a youngling saber Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #530 on: February 17, 2019, 11:02:08 AM »

That's adorable! XD Looks like something that would be super popular for a youngling saber Smiley

Hello Lady Revan, I guess as it is based on a toy it does have a cute appeal! As I mention this was just a bit of fun as I currently have an on-going set of articles on my site where I attempt to design sabers based on various pop culture TV shows and Movies (and their associated merchandise/toy ranges) So far I have done Ghostbusters, Charlie's Angels, Knight Rider, Resident Evil and now Superman's hilts. It will help my future modelling projects as I have had to learn many more techniques to accomplish each challenge.

So upcoming I have a crossguard hilt for Thor, two Star Trek based hilts, a hilt inspired by Darth Vader and one for his apprentice...a double bladed Dathomirian, a Naboo Senator's hilt .....oh and two more versions of my Trooper hilt. So at least nine more to keep you entertained.
Thanks once more and a point on it's way.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #531 on: February 17, 2019, 10:01:35 PM »

Agreed, it's a bit kitschy.  Again the variety of what you can produce is amazing, from the Lord of the Rings to this is so different.

a Naboo Senator's hilt

Can't wait to see that, you've done some really nice elegant designs already (notably Satele Shan) and i'm guessing this will follow in that pattern!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #532 on: February 17, 2019, 11:30:51 PM »

I love the Superman rocket, bro. Whether or not it's a usable saber is another matter, but I don't think that's really the point. As a space ship, it looks great. I love the light-up House of El emblem on top. Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #533 on: February 17, 2019, 11:48:06 PM »

Agreed, it's a bit kitschy.  Again the variety of what you can produce is amazing, from the Lord of the Rings to this is so different.

(In regards the Naboo saber...)
Can't wait to see that, you've done some really nice elegant designs already (notably Satele Shan) and i'm guessing this will follow in that pattern!

Hi Lord_S_Gray, I have always tried to look outside the box when I design stuff. It stems from my time as an amateur magician where lateral thinking was needed to devise tricks. I also studied different performance arts(such as watching dancers or listening to comedians) to improve my performances.
And regards the Naboo Senator hilt, I think I may have to do a redesign quick,  I based it on her Geonosis look  Undecided

Thanks for looking in again and the kind comments.
point on it's way

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #534 on: February 17, 2019, 11:55:36 PM »

I love the Superman rocket, bro. Whether or not it's a usable saber is another matter, but I don't think that's really the point. As a space ship, it looks great. I love the light-up House of El emblem on top. Smiley

Thanks SFD, and as I know you create some rather nice ships that is very kind to say. And the activation switch? It's amazing what you can do with a logo in .svg  format and the Extrude tool! (Blender can load a 2D black and white image into the software then stretch it into a 3D object) I have used that trick a few times now. But this design really helped me to work on smooth aerodynamic/sweeping geometry.

Thanks again and a point for you.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #535 on: February 17, 2019, 11:59:29 PM »

And regards the Naboo Senator hilt, I think I may have to do a redesign quick,  I based it on her Geonosis look  Undecided

Oh please don't do that, i hadn't though of that outfit - that could be very slick and streamlined.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #536 on: February 18, 2019, 12:06:39 AM »

Hi again LSG,

Ok I'll just do a small brush and polish on it (like adding smooth shading!). Should be up sometime on Sunday morning.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #537 on: February 18, 2019, 06:10:42 AM »

Tyeth, once again you have amaze me with your saber designs and always thinking outside the box. I like that quite a bit of your designs aren't obvious which makes it fun to hunt down inspiration on the saber that surrounds your design theme.  The S-shield as an illuminated switch is great and I like the Kryptonite seated in the cockpit (unless it's just a Kryptonite "glass" used for the cockpit canopy).  Also, on the second photo, it almost looks as if the saber is floating which is pretty neat.  Love that orange blade that goes well with the switch too.  Great job on this design.  +1

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #538 on: February 18, 2019, 05:05:20 PM »

Tyeth, once again you have amaze me with your saber designs and always thinking outside the box. I like that quite a bit of your designs aren't obvious which makes it fun to hunt down inspiration on the saber that surrounds your design theme.  The S-shield as an illuminated switch is great and I like the Kryptonite seated in the cockpit (unless it's just a Kryptonite "glass" used for the cockpit canopy).  Also, on the second photo, it almost looks as if the saber is floating which is pretty neat.  Love that orange blade that goes well with the switch too.  Great job on this design.  +1

Thanks Infinit, this hilt came as the result of an on-going challenge series based on TV shows and Movies and their merchandise and toys. This design is basically 42 years old really as the first ever mention of the "Supermobile" was in 1977!

And the illusion of the saber floating is just down to the fact that the reflective panel I use for the ground isn't as close to the hilt. This makes the distance between the hilt and the reflection further apart (a bit like holding your hand up in front of a mirror and moving it back and forth, as your hand nears the mirror surface both hands eventually "touch" but as you pull your hand back they appear to "float" apart)

+1

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #539 on: February 18, 2019, 05:32:07 PM »

Fun design, For!   But I can't quite imagine anything quite as useless as the SuperMobile...  ;-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: