Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440679 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #630 on: March 31, 2019, 01:58:55 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well it's time to put the Torino back in it's garage and bring out the next saber design I have to show you all. And this time it's a Star Wars themed one! Amazing  Grin

And I return to my Trooper series of hilts, as I have a couple more left to display and today's hilt is the modernised version for the First Order and "the trooper from the village.....FN..."

Activation Switch:

Finn's personal saber:

The "bloodstains":

As you can see this is the basic Trooper saber but I have altered the balance of black to white as there were a few more black accents on the new updated FO Stormtrooper armour. The handgrip I found worked quite well at replicating the recesses of the armour as it features a honeycomb-like texture and the perforated holes look similar. I loaded an image of the FO insignia and created a 3D version to act as the switch top hat. And you will have noticed the "bloodstains" on the emitter, well they are part of the new technique I have mastered that allows me to apply semi transparent images as textures. The "bloodstains" are actually a transparent image of a set of claw marks (I tried proper handprints but they didn't look or fit right). The last image of the claws look to have a black background but it is actually transparent the only colour is the red claw marks. The tricky part was assigning the image as a texture Blender recognised and then placing it accurately. But now I can apply these type of graphics I can add all sorts of insignias and logos, just by using transparent images.

I do have a Tie Fighter Pilot and a 709th Red Fury Stormtrooper version still to come along with hilts for Vader and his Apprentice, two Avenging EXO-SUIT sabers, and I can confirm I have now rebuilt an improved crossguard hilt (and shoto!) for THOR! So stay tuned folks. Thanks for checking this post out.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #631 on: April 01, 2019, 01:31:46 AM »

For, this is a great design!   I've seen some other hilts with this theme, and I always love the white/black contrast on a saber hilt.  Nicely done!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #632 on: April 01, 2019, 10:28:08 AM »

For, this is a great design!   I've seen some other hilts with this theme, and I always love the white/black contrast on a saber hilt.  Nicely done!

Hello Karmack, I too have seen a couple of Stormtrooper themed hilts and most were inspired by the Ralph McQuarrie concept art. I felt the balance between the black and white sections worked rather well on this one and I looked at the parts of the hilt and worked out where accents looked best. I have started studying car design and architecture from real world designers for inspiration now too.

Thanks for the comments and support.
+1

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #633 on: April 01, 2019, 10:52:55 AM »

Great First Order Storm Trooper saber design you have there, Tyeth.  From the Honeycomb-like texture to the well-balanced black and white hilt, I say it's a good rendering and Finn's personal saber is a nice touch. +6

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #634 on: April 01, 2019, 11:33:49 AM »

Great First Order Storm Trooper saber design you have there, Tyeth.  From the Honeycomb-like texture to the well-balanced black and white hilt, I say it's a good rendering and Finn's personal saber is a nice touch. +6

Thanks Infinit, I think I was lucky and stumbled on a solid basic design that with little tweaks can have many different looks (just like an Ultrasaber...see I study the great designers!). Being able to apply "Transparent Textures" will open up even more possibilities. I can't wait to post the "709th Red Fury" edition.

However I'm sorry but I can only gift you one point back in appreciation! (Is awarding +6 a Moderator perk?   Wink )

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #635 on: April 01, 2019, 02:24:54 PM »

Thanks Infinit, I think I was lucky and stumbled on a solid basic design that with little tweaks can have many different looks (just like an Ultrasaber...see I study the great designers!). Being able to apply "Transparent Textures" will open up even more possibilities. I can't wait to post the "709th Red Fury" edition.

However I'm sorry but I can only gift you one point back in appreciation! (Is awarding +6 a Moderator perk?   Wink )

You're welcome, I do like the transparent textures which also reminds me of transparent images used in say Photoshop that you can overlay onto images.   

Yes sir, it sure it Smiley

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #636 on: April 02, 2019, 08:53:35 PM »

That's a cool looking hilt. I also like the white and black on the hilt, and that vented grip section.  Smiley
Point to you good sir.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #637 on: April 02, 2019, 09:25:43 PM »

That's a cool looking hilt. I also like the white and black on the hilt, and that vented grip section.  Smiley

Hi MavRick, glad you liked my latest hilt. The grip is actually identical to my original Trooper hilt but I recoloured the outer perforated sleeve giving the two tone effect. I have a feeling that you'll like my 709th Red Fury version too which has a redesigned grip. And I promise I will get to post the hilt I gave you a sneak peek of - eventually!

Thanks for the comment and a point on it's way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #638 on: April 07, 2019, 04:54:25 AM »

Hello Everybody,

I have read that there is a BIG new film coming out soon so I thought I had better post these new hilts I have in readiness for the film's release. I also took the opportunity to do some "recycling" as I had some old "iron" laying around my workshop...so I present....the Mark For-T....

Smile for your photo Mr Stark!

The Iron Man face plate decoration is actually modelled in 3D and not just an image overlaid onto the hilt (and it has accent LED light shine thru eyes)
And you might be wondering where the recycling comes into this post and comment? Well the Iron Man saber is a heavily modified version of the first ever object I built in Blender! It was a tube with a few bevel-edged oblongs attached and looked a little like this...

I built this ^ in June last year, after only having had Blender installed for 30 minutes....I have really surprised myself with my progress to this point.

Anyhoo, thanks once again for checking this design out, next up is a repaint for War Machine then it's the reveal of my NEW Thor crossguard!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #639 on: April 08, 2019, 01:39:45 PM »

For, I like it!   :-)    Though with that face I kept expecting it to do a "transformers" thing and suddenly morph into a light-saber robot...   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #640 on: April 08, 2019, 02:30:09 PM »

Great Iron Man saber, Tyeth. He's one of my favorite Marvel characters. I like how you integrated his helmet into the emitter

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #641 on: April 08, 2019, 02:39:45 PM »

For, I like it!   :-)    Though with that face I kept expecting it to do a "transformers" thing and suddenly morph into a light-saber robot...   

Hello Karmack, I am still learning the ropes of animating in Blender so "Transforming" sabers may be a little way off yet (plus I'd need a slightly more powerful laptop - animating takes up a lot of memory and processing power).
Glad you liked the "basic version" though anyway! Thanks again.

point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #642 on: April 08, 2019, 02:53:44 PM »

Great Iron Man saber, Tyeth. He's one of my favorite Marvel characters. I like how you integrated his helmet into the emitter

Hi Infinit, thanks, I think Iron Man is a favourite for a lot of folks. I was able to model the suit's face plate after I learnt to "slide" Edges and Vertices. It meant I could add much more detail just by moving points and faces of the model around.
And I may have another hilt for one of your favourite characters coming soon...I sense a "killer"...Asteroid killer? No.  Planet killer?...No...Ahh! a Star....!

Thanks again and a point on the way.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #643 on: April 08, 2019, 02:54:32 PM »

You're welcome and have a point back

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #644 on: April 09, 2019, 06:55:02 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well this thread is 6 views short of reaching 12,000 so to celebrate I knocked up an image as a sort of "Sneak Peek Six Gallery" of some of my upcoming designs/hilts. Some are "inspired by" while others are totally new designs and there are two repaints...and there is even an asteroid!

Thanks for all the support and comments you have all been amazing and in the traditional way of doing a reveal..."I'll just leave this here....."

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: