Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440656 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #690 on: April 30, 2019, 11:14:43 AM »

Don't feel too bad. I haven't been able to keep up with LSG's Fate of the Aether, or Lady Revan's Twisted Morality. I've been too busy with school. Hopefully this summer I can catch up.

I'm loving all your recent designs For. Absolutely amazing. The Loremaster hilts are beautiful, and the Spook is based off one of my favorite hilts.
Hello there,

Thank you Taegin, that makes me feel a little better! I start a design and then while working on that project, something will happen that triggers another idea so I set to work on the second idea straight away. And as I learn more techniques the more ideas I try.

I think I might take a break shortly as I have a backlog of hilts still to show including a Vader hilt for May the Fourth, a Skywalker AOTC hilt, two more Stormtrooper hilts, a weapon for a Wookie as well as my Dark versions of my Asguard Thor hilt.

But the best news for me is that you folks here have taken to my designs and give me great feedback on them...that means a lot and keeps me designing so thanks everyone.

point on it's way to you TR.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #691 on: April 30, 2019, 09:31:06 PM »

One of His up coming hilt designs is of great interest to me!   Grin
 Since it was a request that he was gracious enough to take the time to do, I thank him for it.
 He may have even been nice enough to give me a sneak peak or 2 and by that I mean he did.   Wink
 And as always he takes our suggestions into account. 
  Keep up the good work my friend. And MTFBWYA!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #692 on: May 02, 2019, 12:06:26 AM »

One of His up coming hilt designs is of great interest to me!   Grin
 Since it was a request that he was gracious enough to take the time to do, I thank him for it.
 He may have even been nice enough to give me a sneak peak or 2 and by that I mean he did.   Wink
 And as always he takes our suggestions into account. 
  Keep up the good work my friend. And MTFBWYA!

Hello MavRick, thank you for the glowing praise. The truth is I really enjoy coming up with these hilts and if I can involve and entertain folks too then even better.

As you may know it's "May The Fourth" this weekend so I have the Vader replica pencilled in for that post but I can line up your request next.

Thanks again and MTFBWY also. And a point.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #693 on: May 05, 2019, 05:45:50 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Well I am feeling slightly better than I have over the past 36hrs or so. Star Wars May the Fourth was a little sadder than we all hoped for but today is "Revenge of the Fifth" day so I guess I had best post a hilt for a Sith. Now, which Sith? Hmm, there can only be one really (yes I know I quoted Highlander) and that Sith is Darth Vader.
Here is my tribute replica I made to test my detailing skills....this is "The Destined One"...

And I was getting bored of just having my hilts "floating" in mid-air so I decided to make a sort of plinth for this one (plus it let me try out some trick lighting FX)...

Hope you all liked my "walk on the Darkside" I don't go there often Grin. Thanks for checking this hilt out.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #694 on: May 05, 2019, 07:21:22 AM »

Hello again,

Sorry I forgot to add this I had best just post this picture too....I don't want you to think I had turned.
This is another hilt I have coming up....and it belongs to Anakin!....

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #695 on: May 06, 2019, 12:33:10 PM »

Wow not only a badass red sabre but the plinth and FX effects it's getting close to photo realism in that red lighting awesome and sinister look well done For point or two!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #696 on: May 06, 2019, 07:33:58 PM »

Wow not only a badass red sabre but the plinth and FX effects it's getting close to photo realism in that red lighting awesome and sinister look well done For point or two!

Hello Lord_S_Gray, I am continually surprised at what this old laptop can do! I didn't think it could produce this level of images. I could probably get the images even sharper with less speckles but then my computer would have to grind really hard and the time it takes to process/render the images would take hours.

And I can't take all the credit for the design, it was just a close approximation of Vader's hilt but I'm glad you liked it. I have the Anakin AOTC replica that I have modelled and the hilt from the new Jedi Fallen Order computer game coming up soon (complete with staff, wrapped grip and an undamaged pommel version!).

Thanks as always, point on it's way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #697 on: May 11, 2019, 03:28:52 PM »

Hello Everybody,

As promised I have a few more pictures of my Wookie Berserker saber for Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew. Some of you may know I was working on this hilt for around a month or so and was just about to post it when the unfortunate news broke. So this hilt is now my tribute and memorial to the man and Wookie. Wookie Berserker:

The hilt has a green blade to represent the jungle forests of Kashyyyk, a beacon torch style emitter and just below the emitter is the famous Bowcaster reference I added as the Tsuba handguard. I sent fellow member MavRick a sneak peek of my first version of this hilt but that one had axe blades and I knew I didn't really feel 100% happy with the design and said I'd work on it. I thought about iconic Chewie images and of course there was one with him using the Bowcaster and it struck me that the bow and energy spheres would make a great Tsuba (just scaled down to fit) As soon as I added the guard I felt much happier and the hilt looked undeniably Chewie's. To finish the hilt I added an FTE pommel which contains a lighted crystal that glows with the essence of the jungle forest (and yes it is a modified Maul emitter!)
I am always modifying hilts and since last week I also added a "Fur Version"...

So I think that wraps up this design and as it has turned into a tribute I will end by posting my memorial image I compiled. Thanks for checking out this design and thank you Mr Mayhew. May The Force Be With You Always.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #698 on: May 11, 2019, 06:10:08 PM »

I love this design. It is my favorite design from you.  Shocked Grin
This saber is definitely a saber that a Wookie would use. And IMO a perfect tribute to Peter "Chewy" Mayhew. May the force be with him always.
BTW; I like the fur version also. Point to you My friend, for your amazing work on this hilt! Well Done!! If it were available I would buy one for sure!! MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #699 on: May 11, 2019, 06:19:36 PM »

I love this design. It is my favorite design from you.  Shocked Grin
This saber is definitely a saber that a Wookie would use. And IMO a perfect tribute to Peter "Chewy" Mayhew. May the force be with him always.
BTW; I like the fur version also. Point to you My friend, for your amazing work on this hilt! Well Done!! If it were available I would buy one for sure!! MTFBWY!

Thanks MavRick, you had a big influence on this hilt as you helped me tweak the design a bit, but I thought I had to surprise you with one final modification. The "Fur Version" I made in the last few days and represented Chewie as a more peaceful and cuddly Wookie.

Thanks for your help, kind words and sentiments.
+1

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #700 on: May 12, 2019, 11:08:43 PM »

I love the bowcaster guards!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #701 on: May 13, 2019, 01:01:42 AM »

For, that is an awesome hilt and a fitting tribute.  Nicely done!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #702 on: May 13, 2019, 06:05:06 AM »

I love the bowcaster guards!

Hello Lady Revan, I'm so glad you liked them, they were the pivotal pieces that I think sold the design. My original version had twin axe blades with the Kashyyyk star symbol etched onto the emitter collar, but while it looked ok it didn't say Chewie. As soon as I switched and added the Bowcaster guard there was no denying who it was inspired by. The fact that several medieval style swords have similar guards helped too.

point on it's way to you and thanks again.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #703 on: May 13, 2019, 06:11:27 AM »

Hello Karmack, Again thank you for the kind words, it's just a shame how things turn out in life. Had I been able to post this design a week or two earlier it may not have become a memorial. However I'm proud of this hilt and am glad folks appreciate it.

And let's not forget MavRick's help and advice, thanks Mav!

point of appreciation on it's way.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #704 on: May 13, 2019, 11:49:52 AM »

Totally agree Karm, very well done For, and Mavrick for the assist. Very clear hilt no question who it's for and really integrates the Wookie colour and tech nicely but keeps a kind of 'primal' aesthetic Sookie's are known for - this is the kind of sabre I could imagine my own Wookie fan fiction character Yshrrk would wield without a doubt frankly couldn't imagine a better one.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: