Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448594 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #705 on: May 13, 2019, 03:34:06 PM »

Totally agree Karm, very well done For, and Mavrick for the assist. Very clear hilt no question who it's for and really integrates the Wookie colour and tech nicely but keeps a kind of 'primal' aesthetic Sookie's are known for - this is the kind of sabre I could imagine my own Wookie fan fiction character Yshrrk would wield without a doubt frankly couldn't imagine a better one.

Hello Lord_S_Gray, that is very kind of you to say thank you. Again I tried to incorporate details that were identifiable to Chewie and Wookies in general so I am really pleased to see your description of "primal" as I was aiming for that type of look.

point incoming.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #706 on: May 13, 2019, 03:40:54 PM »

Beautiful saber, Tyeth!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #707 on: May 13, 2019, 03:50:49 PM »

Beautiful saber, Tyeth!

Hello Infinit01,

I'm glad it has caught people's attention, it was another that I have put a lot of work into trying to get right. This final version is probably the fourth or fifth version (possibly sixth if you count the Furry one too) as I kept tweaking the design little by little and with the help of MavRick's chats got to the point I was happy with the hilt. I was lucky that Chewie is such a memorable and loved character to work from.

Thanks again and a point on it's way to you too.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #708 on: May 14, 2019, 06:51:08 PM »

looks great Tyeth, a great way to honor Mr. Mayhew. love those guards too

(sorry I'm so late)

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #709 on: May 14, 2019, 07:15:36 PM »

looks great Tyeth, a great way to honor Mr. Mayhew. love those guards too

(sorry I'm so late)

Hello GF, you're not late, I know you have been busy lately with your wrestling exploits and classes (I think I saw you mention classes).

Thanks for the kind comments, I'm so happy everyone thinks I did a good job. And I'm particularly happy about the Tsuba handguards myself, those parts just sold the design and leaves you in no doubt who it "belongs" to.

point on it's way.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #710 on: May 14, 2019, 07:20:26 PM »

Hello GF, you're not late, I know you have been busy lately with your wrestling exploits and classes (I think I saw you mention classes).

Thanks for the kind comments, I'm so happy everyone thinks I did a good job. And I'm particularly happy about the Tsuba handguards myself, those parts just sold the design and leaves you in no doubt who it "belongs" to.

point on it's way.

yes, I have been rather busy, but I said late as I have seen this before and have meant to drop in, but life happens. 6 younger sibling definitely keep you on your toes, if you know what I mean.

have one yourself my friend

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #711 on: May 14, 2019, 07:26:13 PM »

yes, I have been rather busy, but I said late as I have seen this before and have meant to drop in, but life happens. 6 younger sibling definitely keep you on your toes, if you know what I mean.

Hi there GF, I totally understand, and regards family I was a "middle child" so had to put up with an older and younger brother!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #712 on: May 14, 2019, 07:54:50 PM »

Hi there GF, I totally understand, and regards family I was a "middle child" so had to put up with an older and younger brother!

I wouldn't know what that feels like. I'm the oldest of my "clan" and its great.

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #713 on: May 14, 2019, 08:10:48 PM »

I wouldn't know what that feels like. I'm the oldest of my "clan" and its great.

Believe me it's terrible, my older brother was "Favourite Son" being first born. He could do no wrong (though he was always up to no good). I was told I was a "mistake" as my folks didn't want a second kid, but then after having gotten two sons they decided to try one final time to maybe get a daughter. They got another son and as he was the "Baby" of the family he got preferential treatment too. I was the stuck in the middle mistake of the family!

But I think I turned out OK after all that.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #714 on: May 14, 2019, 08:19:10 PM »

Believe me it's terrible, my older brother was "Favourite Son" being first born. He could do no wrong (though he was always up to no good). I was told I was a "mistake" as my folks didn't want a second kid, but then after having gotten two sons they decided to try one final time to maybe get a daughter. They got another son and as he was the "Baby" of the family he got preferential treatment too. I was the stuck in the middle mistake of the family!

But I think I turned out OK after all that.

ouch. Sorry to hear that. In my family the 2nd oldest is the favorite (In my house at least, adoption spread us out all over the state) he is the baby of my house and is (unfortunately) the cutest, so he gets all the fun stuff while I get all the chores.

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #715 on: May 18, 2019, 01:50:37 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's that time for me to post my next design and this time there is a lot of "Magic" surrounding it! Now regular readers of this thread will remember my Thor inspired hilt named "New Asguard Saber"...today I post the dark edition I call "Phoenix"

And Phoenix Shoto...

Whilst I was rebuilding this hilt I realised I had pulled the design from the fires of oblivion so I wondered what it would look like if pulled from a fire and darkened. And the most famous thing to rise from the ashes and fire was a Phoenix hence the name.

I also have a "lightning" blue bladed version too...

Now Thor had the magic power of thunder and lightning...well I must have some sort of powers too. The reason I say this is that I just started having email notification issues with my social media so decided to troubleshoot my email client and delete some old communications. Well one email I sent to a very good friend a while back had an attachment and before I deleted it I checked to see what it was....low and behold it was a screenshot I had made of the ORIGINAL version of this hilt  Shocked

I had sent it to my friend as he critiqued my designs when I first started out designing. I had forgotten I had sent the picture and didn't realise my email client saved the attachment so I could download it back. So at least I now have a picture of the hilt I lost! I still lost the original pommel (as I couldn't recall the steps I took to model it) but I got fairly close reproducing the rest of the design from memory. And in a way I think I did a better job on the "etching" on the new build.

Thanks for looking in on this hilt and rest assured I still have some more new ones to display soon.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #716 on: May 18, 2019, 05:51:02 PM »

I really like that Phoenix variation For. Looks really good (of course the orange blade helps Cheesy).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #717 on: May 18, 2019, 06:13:06 PM »

I really like that Phoenix variation For. Looks really good (of course the orange blade helps Cheesy).

Hello Taegin, I was quite pleased how this one turned out even though I had the lighting a bit dark so some detail was lost. And I think the orange blade worked better than the blue but had to include the "lightning" blade too.

Sadly though I don't think this hilt would qualify to go in the "Orange Outcasts" thread as it doesn't exist   Sad

Glad you liked it and a point on it's way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #718 on: May 26, 2019, 12:15:19 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Your designs never cease to impress, FT and these are no exception!  

You know, that does remind me: if you ever have the time/inclination, I'd love to see your interpretation of Luke's ROTJ hilt (US's analogue the Archon v3.1).  Ever since I saw that hilt, it's been my absolute favorite, closely followed by the Graflex  Smiley

Hi TheDutchman...I haven't got the Graflex (yet) but I do have this that I have worked on, you might recognise it....

Don't worry I have the rest of the hilt modelled and some pictures rendered, I just have a few other designs I need to post first before I reveal this one fully ok  Wink

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #719 on: May 26, 2019, 12:47:12 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Hi TheDutchman...I haven't got the Graflex (yet) but I do have this that I have worked on, you might recognise it....

Don't worry I have the rest of the hilt modelled and some pictures rendered, I just have a few other designs I need to post first before I reveal this one fully ok  Wink

I was about to say.... XD

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: