Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 450236 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #765 on: June 24, 2019, 01:52:00 PM »

Absolutely love the crystal chamber on this! Point!

Hello PsychoSith, thank you very much. The crystal chamber is an on-going design, I keep adding a strut here and a wire there to make it look more "integrated" with the saber. The actual position and size of the chamber is different from the original Galen Marek hilt as the chamber on that hilt is open ended where it joins with the "wasp waist" midsection. The problem with having the chamber that long is it is so exposed and makes the "spine" of the hilt weaker, plus the crystal itself loses it's angular look so I shortened my chamber and enclosed it a bit. Here are a few close ups....

Thanks for the comments, and I have more designs to come.
point on it's way.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #766 on: June 24, 2019, 05:32:07 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Yes it's that time again for me to post my latest (and most difficult) build! The reason I found this hilt difficult to model was down to that S-Curve Emitter! It is so iconic and in engineering terms complex (as the geometry changes shape through all three axis). I tried all sorts of methods to replicate the shape until finally I resorted to using a real life saber building technique for cutting and shaping shroud materials - I used a template image. However in real life you physically wrap the paper template around your tube and take a bandsaw to it. In 3D modelling that isn't possible (afik) so I had to load the template into Blender so it appeared as a background image on three sides, then pulled the wireframe of the model into the correct position so it matched the images behind it. It was a tedious job, did I mention it had to be symmetrical too? Anyway enough talk here is Starkiller S-Curve..

Jedi Blue

Sith Apprentice Red

Unfortunately I have also been battling the worst chest infection I have ever had (had it more than a week and antibiotics are not working) but I used the opportunity to knuckle down and concentrate on finishing this hilt so I distracted myself from my illness  Tongue

However a lot of good came out of this hilt and what I learnt modelling it and I have as a result built another saber coming soon...and here is a sneak peek, any guesses what it is?.. Cool

I'll end here and say thanks for checking this hilt out. Now where's my hot lemon drinks, aspirin and duvet?
Hello PsychoSith, thank you very much. The crystal chamber is an on-going design, I keep adding a strut here and a wire there to make it look more "integrated" with the saber. The actual position and size of the chamber is different from the original Galen Marek hilt as the chamber on that hilt is open ended where it joins with the "wasp waist" midsection. The problem with having the chamber that long is it is so exposed and makes the "spine" of the hilt weaker, plus the crystal itself loses it's angular look so I shortened my chamber and enclosed it a bit. Here are a few close ups....

Thanks for the comments, and I have more designs to come.
point on it's way.
FT, this is an AWESOME hilt!  And I absolutely LOVE the crystal chamber!!  Added to the angled emitter AND windows?  Two words: Gor- and Geous!

And I hope that you're improving; sorry to hear about the sickness  Sad

Point and well-wishes your way my friend^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #767 on: June 24, 2019, 06:15:43 PM »

FT, this is an AWESOME hilt!  And I absolutely LOVE the crystal chamber!!  Added to the angled emitter AND windows?  Two words: Gor- and Geous!

And I hope that you're improving; sorry to hear about the sickness  Sad

Point and well-wishes your way my friend^^

Hello TheDutchman, thanks for both the well-wishes and the comments! I think I'm over the worst of the chest infection, I'm just at the point where I feel ok then BAM I start coughing and sneezing as my body tries getting rid of all the microbes! But I can't complain, as I said due to being ill made me really concentrate on this hilt and the new sneak peek ^^ so some good came out of the malaise.

Thanks again and check your inbox I'm sending you another sneak peek of an upcoming staff!
point on it's way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #768 on: June 29, 2019, 10:40:04 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I posted my latest hilt design earlier today but as it is very far from being Star Wars inspired I didn't know whether to post it here. So I decided I would finish posting a few Bastilla Shan renders I still have. I sharpened up the details on the handgrip and made the staff a little less reflective.

Two Pronged Emitters!

Coming up soon I have a pair of staff hilts based on a couple of Sith and the "Rain" of Two, and a few original designs with a SWTOR/KOTOR feel plus another few hilts waiting to "reveal" themselves.
Thanks for looking in on these.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #769 on: June 29, 2019, 10:57:58 PM »

I like the Bastilla Shan render, it looks, simple, solid and easily achievable to build.

Starkiller S Curve. I like the location of the clamp/activation switch. Mid point works well while wielded 1 handed. All in favor of it. The "S curve" would worry me when used 2 handed. I would be worried I would put a finger in the crystal area because of that open area. 

Point to you.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #770 on: June 29, 2019, 11:20:32 PM »

I like the Bastilla Shan render, it looks, simple, solid and easily achievable to build.

Starkiller S Curve. I like the location of the clamp/activation switch. Mid point works well while wielded 1 handed. All in favor of it. The "S curve" would worry me when used 2 handed. I would be worried I would put a finger in the crystal area because of that open area. 

Hello chalion,

Thanks for the kind comments. I tried to keep as faithful to the original Starkiller/Marek hilt as possible (to test my eye for detail) but in fact I made the crystal chamber smaller and enclosed it a little. I felt as you do that it was just a bit too exposed.

The Bastilla Shan staff is fairly simple, yet elegant as well so was a good hilt for me to model in preparation for my next 4 upcoming staff hilts. I also hope to get this one 3D printed when I get some funds together.

Thanks again and a point for your feedback.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #771 on: June 29, 2019, 11:57:15 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I posted my latest hilt design earlier today but as it is very far from being Star Wars inspired I didn't know whether to post it here. So I decided I would finish posting a few Bastilla Shan renders I still have. I sharpened up the details on the handgrip and made the staff a little less reflective.

Two Pronged Emitters!

Coming up soon I have a pair of staff hilts based on a couple of Sith and the "Rain" of Two, and a few original designs with a SWTOR/KOTOR feel plus another few hilts waiting to "reveal" themselves.
Thanks for looking in on these.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*screams then passes out*

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #772 on: June 30, 2019, 01:33:11 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*screams then passes out*

(opens bottle of smelling salts) Hello Lady Revan, are you OK?......I take it this design works for you then?
Glad you like it, as chalion commented Bastilla's staff is a really simple, solid design so I could hardly go wrong with it. However I did see something funny the other day regarding "that other" version someone designed with four prongs, I'll PM you the story if you'd like.

point on it's way to you.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #773 on: June 30, 2019, 08:50:51 PM »

(opens bottle of smelling salts) Hello Lady Revan, are you OK?......I take it this design works for you then?
Glad you like it, as chalion commented Bastilla's staff is a really simple, solid design so I could hardly go wrong with it. However I did see something funny the other day regarding "that other" version someone designed with four prongs, I'll PM you the story if you'd like.

point on it's way to you.
Oh I have the “other” four pronged. It’s not actually usable for dueling (even choreographed) because of the design. Can you PM me the story too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #774 on: July 01, 2019, 11:57:45 AM »

For, you have done it again from the Graflex to the staff.  Your eye for these is impeccable. 

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #775 on: July 01, 2019, 03:20:47 PM »

For, you have done it again from the Graflex to the staff.  Your eye for these is impeccable. 

Hello Infinit, that is very kind of you to say. I hoped you liked the Starkiller S-Curve and I will work on his other hilts as seen in your signature!
And I may have a few Flex models coming soon including versions for ANH, TROS and a Dark version!

Thanks again for the support and comments, point on its way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #776 on: July 07, 2019, 01:44:42 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well as there is a lot of chatter about staff weapons and Bastilla Shan I thought I would take you all on a trip down memory lane and go back to the old EU for my next design. Way back during the Sith War on Ruusan a young Jedi female lost her way and fell under the influence of the sole Sith survivor, Darth Bane, and the "Rule of Two" was established. This young girl had a unique weapon and it is this staff that I bring to you here is....

Now this hilt was built approx. 1000 years before the events of the Phantom Menace but we saw a very similar weapon in the hands of Darth Maul. Maul suffered a humiliating defeat to an old guy with a wooden staff (no not me Grin ) after which he searched all the Sith archives he could and discovered records of a double bladed staff. He decided to build a staff and here is my Maul version of Zannah's weapon so you can see the details a little better.

ANAKIN DOWN!

I hope you like this little staff meeting, I do have a few more staff designs to show you all along with the "Lost Veridian" and a whole series of "Master" hilts. Thanks for looking in on this saber and I have one last picture....look familiar?

You will get to see the rest of this hilt in a future post!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #777 on: July 07, 2019, 09:43:34 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I can't wait to see the final "lost Viridian"!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #778 on: July 08, 2019, 05:57:02 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I can't wait to see the final "lost Viridian"!

Hello Lady Revan, at least you didn't pass out with this one! Hopefully I should have the "Lost Viridian" ready for this weekend's post...as you can see I have been busy scavenging parts around the deserts of Ambria, Jeddah, Tatooine and Jakku.

Thanks for looking in. Point on the way.

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #779 on: July 08, 2019, 06:39:26 PM »

...look familiar?

You will get to see the rest of this hilt in a future post!

Looks like a cool way to repair an iconic saber to me. Wink

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: