Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440654 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #780 on: July 08, 2019, 08:14:48 PM »

Looks like a cool way to repair an iconic saber to me. Wink

Hi Bob Loblaw, I think you may be right...you have a good eye!

Thanks for playing "Guess the Saber" and a point on it's way to you.

(And did I mention I may have a few Oriental inspired hilts coming up too...I didn't? Ok, well keep your eyes open for my new Katana themed collection  Cool )

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #781 on: July 08, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »

I have one last picture....look familiar?

You will get to see the rest of this hilt in a future post!
I'm getting a very Saiyan vibe looking at this.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #782 on: July 08, 2019, 08:52:07 PM »

I'm getting a very Saiyan vibe looking at this.

Hello Darth Logos,

I have designed a few hilts for Dragonball Z and Pokémon ( Roll Eyes I know...but it was a requested design) but not a Saiyan universe hilt. This part is definitely from the Star Wars universe and I think Bob Loblaw ^^ knows which saber it's from!

However, I could take a look at designing a Super Saiyan hilt if you'd like. Thanks for looking in. -1 for you.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #783 on: July 08, 2019, 11:04:45 PM »

Some nice staffs FT, and that Star killer with the cut away section, great take to dare i say improve on a classic, inventive as always.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #784 on: July 08, 2019, 11:15:47 PM »

Some nice staffs FT, and that Star killer with the cut away section, great take to dare i say improve on a classic, inventive as always.

Hello Lord_S_Gray, the Starkiller crystal chamber area was always something that I saw as a "weak point" in the design for a real life metal replica. I had read stories of the "spine" breaking and all the issues on how to grip the saber in a useable manner, so I just tried to enclose the section slightly. It still looks like a Starkiller just not exact.

I modelled the SK (and my upcoming Flexes) to test my progress, the staffs were old designs I did about 3 years ago which I thought needed a Blender 3D "Update". Thanks as always for the positive remarks and I hope you'll enjoy my upcoming stuff, I really went to town with them.

point inbound.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #785 on: July 09, 2019, 12:44:05 PM »

Hello Lord_S_Gray, the Starkiller crystal chamber area was always something that I saw as a "weak point" in the design for a real life metal replica. I had read stories of the "spine" breaking and all the issues on how to grip the saber in a useable manner, so I just tried to enclose the section slightly. It still looks like a Starkiller just not exact.
The chamber is a weak point. That's why I fought for the longest time that the crystal selection screen was a cutaway and not the actual design of the saber. After much study, and wasting time in the game turning the camera, I found out that indeed it does have an open chamber. Cry You can imagine my profound disappointment.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #786 on: July 09, 2019, 04:28:18 PM »

The chamber is a weak point. That's why I fought for the longest time that the crystal selection screen was a cutaway and not the actual design of the saber. After much study, and wasting time in the game turning the camera, I found out that indeed it does have an open chamber. Cry You can imagine my profound disappointment.

Hi Darth Logos, yes the design has always had the full cutaway section but it has grown on me over time...it is just clumsy for a lightsaber. In universe where the materials would make the hilt stronger structurally it works ok but as a real life replica I would only get one as a shelf queen.

Thanks for sharing the picture with a Darksaber blade, I hadn't seen it look like that before.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #787 on: July 09, 2019, 05:10:24 PM »

Hi Darth Logos, yes the design has always had the full cutaway section but it has grown on me over time...it is just clumsy for a lightsaber. In universe where the materials would make the hilt stronger structurally it works ok but as a real life replica I would only get one as a shelf queen.
Exactly this. Same thing with thin necks on sabers.

Thanks for sharing the picture with a Darksaber blade, I hadn't seen it look like that before.
ONLY Dark Saber worth having.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #788 on: July 09, 2019, 05:55:37 PM »

Exactly this. Same thing with thin necks on sabers.

Hi again Logos....er I may have some bad news for you then if you don't like thin necks or crystal chambers...I have this one to show you all nearer to the release of TRoS...

It's part of my "Master" series I mentioned. I have worked on it over the past 2 months and pretty proud of it. TheDutchman had a sneak peek at my full base model but I have improved on it since then!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #789 on: July 10, 2019, 11:33:49 AM »

Love that emitter piece, For.  When I saw that switch piece, I was thinking Vegetta without seeing any pictures or reading anything

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #790 on: July 10, 2019, 11:51:39 AM »

Love that emitter piece, For.  When I saw that switch piece, I was thinking Vegetta without seeing any pictures or reading anything

Hi Infinit, thanks...I'm glad you like the emitter but there is a lot more attached to it that you haven't seen yet!

And the switch section has nothing to do with DragonBall Z, let me shine a "Rey" of light as a hint to what it is....think of the new Star Wars film and a broken saber  Wink

Again, Bob Loblaw knows what hilt the switch is from.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #791 on: July 10, 2019, 12:49:34 PM »

Hi again Logos....er I may have some bad news for you then if you don't like thin necks or crystal chambers...I have this one to show you all nearer to the release of TRoS...

It's part of my "Master" series I mentioned. I have worked on it over the past 2 months and pretty proud of it. TheDutchman had a sneak peek at my full base model but I have improved on it since then!
Don't get me wrong, it's an iconic look, but the materials aspect annoyed the hell out of me for years in in childhood. Then I gained a greater understanding of material strengths and figured spacey sci-fi-nanium was used so I could accept it. Now those stupid grippies that go down too far on Qui-Gon's saber, that's just deplorable prop design.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #792 on: July 10, 2019, 01:04:29 PM »

My thoughts on this were always just Vader gave him an expendable hilt. Like the toddler beaks it so what ill make a new one kind of thinking.

Regarding that Saiyan hilt concept though i will be excited to see the result of that as well!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #793 on: July 10, 2019, 01:50:57 PM »

Don't get me wrong, it's an iconic look, but the materials aspect annoyed the hell out of me for years in in childhood. Then I gained a greater understanding of material strengths and figured spacey sci-fi-nanium was used so I could accept it. Now those stupid grippies that go down too far on Qui-Gon's saber, that's just deplorable prop design.

Hi Logos, I figured from an early age that the sabers, ships and stuff in Star Wars had some sci-fi-manium (you need to trademark that word!) so the thin neck didn't bug me. It was Luke's ROTJ that inspired me to get a saber (which I modified to turn the lightbulb green - yes an incandescent bulb no LEDs back then!).
When the prequels were made LucasFilm had much better facilities regards to resin props and chrome plating said resin weapons. The Qui-Gon did have a sort of retconned explanation for all those ridges, that being they were "power cells", other than that I thought it was quite elegant. In fact I have a QGJ hilt which I can't name that I am getting parts for an install.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #794 on: July 10, 2019, 01:59:37 PM »

My thoughts on this were always just Vader gave him an expendable hilt. Like the toddler beaks it so what ill make a new one kind of thinking.

Regarding that Saiyan hilt concept though i will be excited to see the result of that as well!

Hi PsychoSith, I know this will sound like heresy but I haven't played TFU 1 or 2 as I couldn't afford many computer games (that and my PS 3 broke which discouraged me from gaming) so I didn't know that much about how Marek got any of his hilts. I just knew it was a "classic" to some people and decided to try pushing my skills modelling it.

I think it helped and if you're interested I have posted a bigger preview of my switch section in my main gallery if you know where to find it. Wink

I'll get to work on a few Super Saiyan/DragonBall Z type designs ok!

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: