Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440653 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #795 on: July 10, 2019, 02:06:44 PM »

Hi PsychoSith, I know this will sound like heresy but I haven't played TFU 1 or 2 as I couldn't afford many computer games (that and my PS 3 broke which discouraged me from gaming) so I didn't know that much about how Marek got any of his hilts. I just knew it was a "classic" to some people and decided to try pushing my skills modelling it.

I think it helped and if you're interested I have posted a bigger preview of my switch section in my main gallery if you know where to find it. Wink

I'll get to work on a few Super Saiyan/DragonBall Z type designs ok!

Excited to see it!you should totally go back and play TFU tho

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #796 on: July 10, 2019, 02:09:53 PM »

Excited to see it!you should totally go back and play TFU tho

I will as soon as I can on both counts.

-1 point

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #797 on: July 10, 2019, 02:32:37 PM »

My thoughts on this were always just Vader gave him an expendable hilt. Like the toddler breaks it so what ill make a new one kind of thinking.
Oh no. I've always applied that in order to truly understand a weapon, one must construct it. It offers up an intimacy that being given a weapon can't. It is my belief that this is the very reason why the Jedi's sabers are the most personal items they have.

Hi Logos, I figured from an early age that the sabers, ships and stuff in Star Wars had some sci-fi-manium (you need to trademark that word!) so the thin neck didn't bug me. It was Luke's ROTJ that inspired me to get a saber (which I modified to turn the lightbulb green - yes an incandescent bulb no LEDs back then!).
When the prequels were made LucasFilm had much better facilities regards to resin props and chrome plating said resin weapons. The Qui-Gon did have a sort of retconned explanation for all those ridges, that being they were "power cells", other than that I thought it was quite elegant. In fact I have a QGJ hilt which I can't name that I am getting parts for an install.
I didn't mind the flat spot, but this depth of the grooves kinda gets in the way of the inner workings bit. You need room for the kyber crystal, and focus crystal, and all the other bit of kit to stabilize the beam. And considering the laser (read: linear nature of the energy being released, you'd need a minimum of centered placement of all that. Unless he has some crazy periscopy thing happening......which would only require more length....unless QGJ is like uber super awesome with saber construction theory. I still love it. It's elegant and fairly simple in design.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #798 on: July 10, 2019, 02:35:10 PM »

Oh no. I've always applied that in order to truly understand a weapon, one must construct it. It offers up an intimacy that being given a weapon can't. It is my belief that this is the very reason why the Jedi's sabers are the most personal items they have.

For *most* force-user yes. I dont think this was the case for our resident rage-machine. I think Vader gave him the bare bones to succeed to see how strong he really was

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #799 on: July 10, 2019, 05:50:04 PM »

Hi again Logos....er I may have some bad news for you then if you don't like thin necks or crystal chambers...I have this one to show you all nearer to the release of TRoS...

It's part of my "Master" series I mentioned. I have worked on it over the past 2 months and pretty proud of it. TheDutchman had a sneak peek at my full base model but I have improved on it since then!
This is STILL my favorite lightsaber hilt!  And here you've MORE than done it justice, FT.

I can't WAIT to see the full model!

Point! ...Maybe in Arctic Blue? Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #800 on: July 10, 2019, 06:04:51 PM »

For *most* force-user yes. I dont think this was the case for our resident rage-machine. I think Vader gave him the bare bones to succeed to see how strong he really was

I don't. Because of that really awesome scene after Raxus Prime.

I'm very sure that he would not have had the knowledge required to disassemble and then reassemble a saber with such precision had he not been taught how to construct a one.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #801 on: July 10, 2019, 11:11:03 AM »

I didn't mind the flat spot, but this depth of the grooves kinda gets in the way of the inner workings bit. You need room for the kyber crystal, and focus crystal, and all the other bit of kit to stabilize the beam.  I still love it. It's elegant and fairly simple in design.

Hi Logos, well I have gained a big insight into the world of saber building and appreciate how difficult it would be to build/design hilts IRL.  And I know I have a deep connection to my hilts....I was really distraught when my laptop crashed and deleted my Thor/New Asguard saber design.

This is STILL my favorite lightsaber hilt!  And here you've MORE than done it justice, FT.

I can't WAIT to see the full model!
Point! ...Maybe in Arctic Blue? Wink

Hello Dutch, I'm so glad you enjoyed it and thanks for vouching for it! I think you will all like the final Master model.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #802 on: July 10, 2019, 06:21:34 PM »

Hi Logos, well I have gained a big insight into the world of saber building and appreciate how difficult it would be to build/design hilts IRL.  And I know I have a deep connection to my hilts....I was really distraught when my laptop crashed and deleted my Thor/New Asguard saber design.
I'm speaking more from a canon, and even non-canon, POV.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #803 on: July 10, 2019, 11:35:46 AM »

I'm speaking more from a canon, and even non-canon, POV.

Hi again, I understand, I was just drawing similarities to the building skills "in universe" and those of wannabes like me in the digital/real world. I meant I could understand the bond formed between builder and weapon. I imagine PsychoSith has similar fondness/connection to his sketched sabers.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #804 on: July 11, 2019, 12:53:39 PM »

I don't. Because of that really awesome scene after Raxus Prime.

I'm very sure that he would not have had the knowledge required to disassemble and then reassemble a saber with such precision had he not been taught how to construct a one.

y'know i forgot about that scene

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #805 on: July 11, 2019, 02:22:50 PM »

Hi again, I understand, I was just drawing similarities to the building skills "in universe" and those of wannabes like me in the digital/real world. I meant I could understand the bond formed between builder and weapon. I imagine PsychoSith has similar fondness/connection to his sketched sabers.
I believe a crafts...person of any type has this connection to their work. It's a bit metaphysical, but the intimacy stems from the love that is put into a creation. Love not necessarily in terms of affection, but rather care in the details to produce a perfect thing. For me, I put this into my LEGO designs.

y'know i forgot about that scene
HOW?!? Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #806 on: July 11, 2019, 08:26:09 PM »

HOW?!? Undecided

Been like 7 years since i played that game. Should do again.

ALSO also i originally played the ps2 version and most of my memories come from that. (Which has drastically different cutscenes, levels, etc)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #807 on: July 11, 2019, 08:31:33 PM »

Been like 7 years since i played that game. Should do again.

ALSO also i originally played the ps2 version and most of my memories come from that. (Which has drastically different cutscenes, levels, etc)
I can see that. I just played right before SWC to see if there were any lines worth quoting when Sam signed my copy. And then again not 2 months ago so the girly fiend could finally get the awesomeness of the story. Plus like another dozen minimum before that. I really enjoyed it. Grin

ALSO, if I'm not mistaken, the PS2 version followed the same lines as the Wii version, in which case you are correct, didn't follow the same game path.

Now before we continue and fully derail this topic...........

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #808 on: July 11, 2019, 08:32:36 PM »

I can see that. I just played right before SWC to see if there were any lines worth quoting when Sam signed my copy. And then again not 2 months ago so the girly fiend could finally get the awesomeness of the story. Plus like another dozen minimum before that. I really enjoyed it. Grin

ALSO, if I'm not mistaken, the PS2 version followed the same lines as the Wii version, in which case you are correct, didn't follow the same game path.

Now before we continue and fully derail this topic...........

Correct. Was basically the wii version with slightly better graphics and no multiplayer arena weirdness.

As for the topic, I wonder looking up at things how a mash-up of the Consular and SK's saber would look...

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #809 on: July 11, 2019, 09:34:39 PM »

Hi Logos and PsychoSith,

Thanks guys, I've been busy rendering Lady Revan's "Lost Veridian" ready for this weekend's postings so haven't been able to respond as quickly. When I have finished all these hilts I might treat myself and see if I can find a cheap copy of TFU and dig out my Playstation 2.

Anyhoo, I'd best get back to work!

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: