Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 450099 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #915 on: August 28, 2019, 11:56:36 PM »

Really like the look of the clay renditions. Really helps to see the details.

Point to you (700th)!. congrats.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #916 on: August 29, 2019, 12:43:23 AM »

Really like the look of the clay renditions. Really helps to see the details.

Point to you (700th)!. congrats.

Hello chalion, I hope you'll like the coloured renditions even better. I only learnt the "clay render" trick last week so I am picking up more and more techniques all the time.

And thank you for the point and pointing out my milestone! Please accept a point in return.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #917 on: August 29, 2019, 10:52:59 AM »

Love all the saber pictures, Tyeth. The Sith Rey's dual bladed saber is probably my favorite for now until you create more amazing sabers that is. +5 on me

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #918 on: August 29, 2019, 04:51:57 PM »

Hi Everybody,

I have in the past 12 hours or so got my hands on a new picture of the "Switchblade" so I have updated my model accordingly...and it has a better representation of the hinge section (though there had to be some film trickery to make it work on screen in the trailer).
Anyhoo here is a new "clay render" to show off the new lines!

Hope to post a FULL COLOUR gallery of this over the weekend. Thanks for looking in.

Looking good!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #919 on: August 29, 2019, 10:33:27 PM »

Love all the saber pictures, Tyeth. The Sith Rey's dual bladed saber is probably my favorite for now until you create more amazing sabers that is. +5 on me

Hello Infinit, wow thanks man that's my biggest point haul so far! So glad you're liking the designs and rest assured I still have more in the pipeline.

Looking good!

I do my best but with my skin condition it's....oh! The saber! Thanks Psycho. I am still adding tweaks to it here and there and am now doing the renders of the staff extended. I also need to work out a technique to create "unstable blade" effects, so that and more to come in future posts (I still have three Master Series hilts to show you all yet).

points back to both of you, and thanks!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #920 on: August 30, 2019, 02:06:03 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Due to circumstances I had to publish my latest rendition to my site last night but that means I can now post it here too...This is "Rey of Darkness"....

And with a flick of the wrist it's open!....

I think this is fairly close even down to the "hinge" section. Thanks for checking this one out.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #921 on: August 30, 2019, 05:41:54 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Due to circumstances I had to publish my latest rendition to my site last night but that means I can now post it here too...This is "Rey of Darkness"....

And with a flick of the wrist it's open!....

I think this is fairly close even down to the "hinge" section. Thanks for checking this one out.
I was excited when I saw the scene of Dark Rey flipping this into a saberstaff but after seeing your rendering...

I REALLY WANT THIS SABER  Grin

Wonderful job FT!

Point  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #922 on: August 30, 2019, 06:00:07 PM »

I was excited when I saw the scene of Dark Rey flipping this into a saberstaff but after seeing your rendering...

Wonderful job FT!

Point  Smiley

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny. I like! Point!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #923 on: August 30, 2019, 06:04:28 PM »

Wonderful job FT!

Point  Smiley

What he said.

Also, what he said. And a point to them and you. Thanks "FOR" making all of these ideas into actual three dimensional models to drool over. Smiley

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #924 on: August 30, 2019, 07:49:19 PM »

I agree, its a really amazing saber.  Having a "Temple Guard" design with a hinge in the middle would be epic for US.   I hope they rise to the challenge.

That being said ...   I've been working out with a saber staff and I am finding it to be lacking as a weapon.   My daughter consistently gets through my guard with her saber when I wield it, though I find I have an advantage over her when we go blade-to-blade with matching sabers.

So I'd probably pass on owning one.   Still, it looks kick-butt....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #925 on: August 30, 2019, 08:30:47 PM »

I've been thinking about this saber. It doesn't look like Rey put much effort into opening it. Please let me know if this is just a dumb idea, but I've been thinking about a magnetic coupler for a few weeks. I was thinking Dark Rey's saber might have an activation switch and a switch that opens and closes the staff. I've been thinking about locking one blade against an opponents, and closing the staff towards them as an unexpected attack.
I don't know. I just can't figure that there is another option that would leave a flush middle, and the added attack of opening or closing the staff has tons of combat applications to me. Maybe I'm crazy though. I'm not sure how strong of a magnet would be required. Electromagnets? Could a saber use it's own power source to power electromagnets?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #926 on: August 30, 2019, 09:32:08 PM »

A switch-blade saber...    that's an interesting thought.   There's no reason why the power source for a saber couldn't power that kind of a joint.  Of course, there's also the option of using the Force to "power" it.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #927 on: August 31, 2019, 06:03:29 AM »

Wonderful job FT!

Point  Smiley

Hello Dutch, so glad you like this one, it was the most intense build I have done having a lot of detail done in a very short time. I had to post it when I did as I discovered an"other" person was working on a version of this and I wanted to get mine finished and published first so as not to get accused of copying!

Hello Psycho...thanks to you also! It does look too clean at the moment but I can add a bit of grime and dirt later however as I mentioned to Dutch above I was on a tight schedule to get this published.

Also, what he said. And a point to them and you. Thanks "FOR" making all of these ideas into actual three dimensional models to drool over. Smiley

Hi Bob, no problem I really enjoy building these models (it keeps me busy) and if my efforts entertain folks for a while then all the better.

Now I'll address Karmack and Bob's technical points...
Regards the hinge mechanism, it could be possible to build an electromagnet system as IIRC it doesn't require much power to instigate the magnetic effect but an electromagnet could cause havoc with the soundboard (plus I don't think the Obsidian board has an Electromagnet Accent pad  Grin). Also the actual bracket that holds the two sabers in the trailer is a SOLID piece to begin with. As DS Rey holds the sabers pointing up the bracket looks to have no hinge (it actually looks like the base part of an Citizen's Band radio antenna - the end cap that seals the bottom and attaches the antenna to a scaffolding pole.) Then during the extension process it is done with CGI - until it is shown fully extended where they revert to a hero prop.

In my model I modelled a Strap Hinge with two pommels attached. The hinge "leaf" would have to be able to rotate through 180degs so that the two pommels could be lined up to form the staff. Then you might be able to use a magnet to hold them in place together, or make a small locking catch. The "Force" of gravity could be used to open the staff from folded. Building a replica in this way should work but wouldn't be 100% like the way it appears on screen.

Thanks for all the kind words...points to all of you. I am going to have a bit of a rest now...... while I think on how I can modify a Dominix V3 Roll Eyes

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #928 on: August 31, 2019, 12:07:32 PM »

This reverse butterfly style dualsaber kind of bothers me for all the issues others have listed. Pinch points, the extra length needed for the hinge, tendency to cut off an arm/leg by accident, etc....

I'm surprised someone hasn't made a twist lock coupler to make 2 lightsabers into a dualsaber.  BNC RG9/59 (RF) antenna coupler comes to mind.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #929 on: August 31, 2019, 02:08:25 PM »

I'm surprised someone hasn't made a twist lock coupler to make 2 lightsabers into a dualsaber.  BNC RG9/59 (RF) antenna coupler comes to mind.

Hi chalion, something similar to this was mentioned on the "What do we want from US" thread a while back I think. A member was talking about how to improve the QR coupler Ultrasabers already make and I was going to mention using a spring loaded Bayonet Cap style connector like the type found on electric light bulb fittings. These have the small pins that run along a "J" shaped slot and lock, then to remove the bulb you compress it into the socket so you could twist the pins to disengage the J slot. This RF connector looks very similar.

However I just modelled what I saw in the trailer and my attempt to show how it could be accomplished with Earthbound parts and  technology (and without CGI!)

Thanks for the comments. Point incoming.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: