Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440716 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #990 on: October 11, 2019, 01:55:55 AM »

Anyone be willing to explain how these work? They look cool and all, they just don't look practical. Unless I just don't know what I'm looking at.

Hi Taegin,

I'm not sure if you were just having fun saying you don't see how the Bat'leth would be practical but just in case you really need/want some info I have some info to share with you.
The Bat'leth can be considered as a curved and "edged" staff weapon which traditionally has three integrated handgrips (mine has four just to be different). You use the weapon like a staff, you can hold it two handed like a Pugel Stick or single handed. Both single and double handed techniques have spinning style moves, stabs, slashes as well as defensive blocks. In the episode titled "Rightful Heir" you see Lieutenant Worf use a Bat'leth against another Klingon named Kahless.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenIHMNiymw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenIHMNiymw</a>

As I mentioned to Karmack, this episode actually started playing as I was modifying my original version to remove the second blade I added. I guess I was meant to model one of these.

point incoming.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #991 on: October 11, 2019, 05:00:08 AM »

Hi Taegin,

I'm not sure if you were just having fun saying you don't see how the Bat'leth would be practical but just in case you really need/want some info I have some info to share with you.
The Bat'leth can be considered as a curved and "edged" staff weapon which traditionally has three integrated handgrips (mine has four just to be different). You use the weapon like a staff, you can hold it two handed like a Pugel Stick or single handed. Both single and double handed techniques have spinning style moves, stabs, slashes as well as defensive blocks. In the episode titled "Rightful Heir" you see Lieutenant Worf use a Bat'leth against another Klingon named Kahless.

As I mentioned to Karmack, this episode actually started playing as I was modifying my original version to remove the second blade I added. I guess I was meant to model one of these.

point incoming.

Nope, I genuinely had no idea what they were (not a Trekkie), but after seeing their size, they make far more sense. I was thinking they were about the size of Drydan Voss' weapons in Solo, and they just looked wonky. But now after actually seeing their size and how they are used, they make sense (and I kinda want one). Thanks, and point back.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #992 on: October 11, 2019, 07:49:17 AM »

Nope, I genuinely had no idea what they were (not a Trekkie), but after seeing their size, they make far more sense. I was thinking they were about the size of Drydan Voss' weapons in Solo, and they just looked wonky. But now after actually seeing their size and how they are used, they make sense (and I kinda want one). Thanks, and point back.

Hi Taegin, no problem glad to help. I did make an image with a saber hilt next to the Bat'leth which would have given an hint at scale but posted the image I did to show the Bat'leth from two angles instead.
They do have a Voss Vibroblade Daggers look to them but Bat'leths (without my plasma edging) have been around donkey's years! Anyhow I hope you get to add one to your arsenal.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #993 on: October 11, 2019, 02:59:48 PM »

Yeah, I always imagined them as sort of a vibro-blade weapon, not dissimmilar to the weapons the Imperial Guard used in the throne room fight with Rey and Kylo in Ep VIII. 

For, the only mod I would recommend would be to model the blades a bit more on the bat'leth clip you posted, with the more open, lighter blades.   Bigger cut-outs, really, though I think in our version the blade itself needs to be one continuous edge.

Still, I like it!   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #994 on: October 11, 2019, 03:46:34 PM »

Anyone be willing to explain how these work? They look cool and all, they just don't look practical. Unless I just don't know what I'm looking at.
The bat'leth is highly practical.

Hi Taegin,

Well said. +1

All is forgiven. I agree, if they were single hand sized, then yes very wonky.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #995 on: October 14, 2019, 12:37:48 PM »

Hello Everybody,

A little later than normal I have my latest Blender model and it is back to lightsabers. This one has a few variations and one big "ERUPTION" to finish on. So here is...

In the desert...

In the Dark(side)...

Obi-Wan SithObi...

Now I have catered for the fans of OWK, are there any rock guitar fans on this forum? If so get ready for EVH...

This was an attempt to make a slightly less angular Episode I Kenobi hilt by rounding off some edges and corners. Then I just had fun giving the hilt new powdercaot schemes. Hope you enjoyed them and thanks for looking in.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #996 on: October 14, 2019, 01:07:48 PM »

Now I have catered for the fans of OWK, are there any rock guitar fans on this forum? If so get ready for EVH...

This was an attempt to make a slightly less angular Episode I Kenobi hilt by rounding off some edges and corners. Then I just had fun giving the hilt new powdercaot schemes. Hope you enjoyed them and thanks for looking in.
CHANGE APPROVED

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #997 on: October 14, 2019, 01:08:31 PM »

Shiny. Point!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #998 on: October 14, 2019, 01:27:36 PM »

CHANGE APPROVED

Shiny. Point!

Hello Logos and PsychoSith, thanks guys glad you like the EVH hilt. I did, many years ago, make a Van Halen "Jump" tribute saber and added a "Frankenstrat" patterned leather wrap to the model but I always thought I could do better. When I discovered how to apply and colourise a "shattered" texture pattern to a model I realised it would work for a new EVH saber.

Again I'm so glad you both approve and thanks for the support as always. Points on the way.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #999 on: October 14, 2019, 05:27:12 PM »

Hello Everybody,

A little later than normal I have my latest Blender model and it is back to lightsabers. This one has a few variations and one big "ERUPTION" to finish on. So here is...

In the desert...

In the Dark(side)...

Obi-Wan SithObi...

Phenomenal FT!

Personally, I like the different skins that you've rendered here  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1000 on: October 14, 2019, 06:42:51 PM »

Phenomenal FT!
Personally, I like the different skins that you've rendered here  Smiley

Hello Dutch, as you can probably tell I had fun and got carried away with the skins for this hilt. I still have another version in gold and black, but I can't decide whether to make it into a C-3PO theme or a Jedi Temple theme with the Jedi Order logo on the back of the handgrip  Grin

point on the way when the 24 hrs is up as I have given you a point earlier!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1001 on: October 14, 2019, 08:49:07 PM »

Question. I really like the black hilt..............but I had a thought. What about in the grip and emitter, the normally black areas on the original hilt, instead being red...............

So, overall black hilt, with grip under the shroud and the second layer in the emitter being red.

Would you be able to render that?

Point incoming.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1002 on: October 14, 2019, 09:07:17 PM »

Question. I really like the black hilt..............but I had a thought. What about in the grip and emitter, the normally black areas on the original hilt, instead being red...............

So, overall black hilt, with grip under the shroud and the second layer in the emitter being red.

Would you be able to render that?

Point incoming.

Hi chalion....

I could but I don't know how long it would take  Roll Eyes Will this do?

Glad you like the hilt, point on it's way back to you!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1003 on: October 14, 2019, 09:18:30 PM »

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Replace the red with yellow, that's all I ask!   LOL

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1004 on: October 14, 2019, 09:19:53 PM »

NGL, the last one looks like it could be a Deadpool Saber

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: