Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440573 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« on: October 16, 2018, 06:36:46 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well the title of this topic sort of explains all, this is my little corner of the FanFiction/FanArt section of the forum. Here I plan to post a few images of some of my designs I have created with Blender 3D, the animation and 3D modelling software.

THESE ARE JUST MY CONCEPT DESIGNS AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO BUY AND ARE IN NO WAY CONNECTED TO ULTRASABERS!

I used to create designs using "other" software then painted the preview images up in photo editing to create "themed" hilts, tribute hilts to sports teams, TV shows, movie crossovers even Star Trek (yes, I said it...the other franchise). You will not see those posted here.

The images here however are created using Blender 3D and GIMP to add any text.
I will say I am a relative beginner with full 3D modelling and only started using Blender in June 2018. But I'm learning all the time. My laptop is also old and slow like me. Anyway enough talking I need to post a couple of pics to get the thread started.

First up a couple of pictures of a crossguard I built as practise. I had no plans or measurements I did all of this model by eye.

I will post the variant versions of my saber "Citadel" soon.
Thanks for taking a look and I hope you enjoy.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 06:41:05 PM »

Looking good there, Tyeth.  You're my inspiration for learning the software.  Keep it up!  Cheesy

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 06:47:54 PM »

Wow FT, that looks awesome!  Can't wait to see more  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 07:14:10 PM »

Looking great Tyeth! (can't wait for the Gold version  Grin)

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 07:18:13 PM »

Hi Infinit01, TheDutchman and Golden Fedora,

Thanks guys! I hadn't learnt how to apply materials to objects that early on but I will add the Kylo to my list of "To Do Jobs" and give it a bling gold coating.

points all round.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 08:22:29 PM »

Hi Infinit01, TheDutchman and Golden Fedora,

Thanks guys! I hadn't learnt how to apply materials to objects that early on but I will add the Kylo to my list of "To Do Jobs" and give it a bling gold coating.

points all round.

thanks Tyeth, have one yourself!

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 09:54:59 PM »

Hey right on For!  ATTA BOY!!!!!  Smiley

A crossguard though huh?   UGH!  J/K.    Tongue

Keep 'em coming man. Wink

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 10:06:58 PM »

Hey right on For!  ATTA BOY!!!!!  Smiley
A crossguard though huh?   UGH!  J/K.    Tongue
Keep 'em coming man. Wink
+1

Thanks Rapine,

Yes a Crossguard, but I only modelled this to get practise and learn what all the functions of the software did. Blender has dozens of ways to shape objects, either by drawing outlines, or using pre-shaped geometry, all the way down to typing out dimensions into an X,Y,Z grid to form the model.

Believe it or not, this hilt is just TWO cylinders that have been pulled and stretched into what you see here!

And don't worry I have a few more lined up.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 01:27:18 AM »

Hello For Tyeth! Very neat design! I'm curious to see what else you come up with!!! Also, you had mentioned that you were doing "themed" hilts. I'm curious to know the inspiration theme behind this first one. You probably already planned to do so, but I would recommend listing your inspiration with each design that you present, so we can better appreciate your artistic vision for each piece. Smiley

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 02:13:08 AM »

Hello For Tyeth! Very neat design! I'm curious to see what else you come up with!!! Also, you had mentioned that you were doing "themed" hilts. I'm curious to know the inspiration theme behind this first one. You probably already planned to do so, but I would recommend listing your inspiration with each design that you present, so we can better appreciate your artistic vision for each piece. Smiley

Hello Lady Revan, thanks for the kind comment and recommendation. This as I told Rapine was just a "test bed" to learn the basic functions of Blender 3D.
It is a loose facsimile of Kylo Ren's crossguard. As I had seen his I knew how a basic crossguard should look and I attempted to build something close.

You might have seen one of my "themed" hilts already as I posted a Black Panther inspired hilt for Imgumbydammit001 and Obi-Wan Wakanda.

point incoming

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 04:56:58 PM »

Hello Everybody,

My second saber design was another "test bed" to get to grips with the software. I am a fan of most motorsports and was watching an Indy Car race and there was also a MotoGp weekend of motorcycling racing on TV, so I figured I'd try and make a "Speedy" design. I wanted to work out how to use the "Bevel" function that rounds off the sharp edges and see what I could do with the extrude functions. This is what I came up with (again basic but I had only had the software for about 9 days)

Speeder Speaker Grille/Pommel

As I say nothing too fancy. I just experimented with the Bevel tools to create the rounded edges. I did divide the surface that forms the speaker cover and indented alternate sections to form the "Chequered Flag" look. I also replicated that detail on the side grips, colouring them in a contrasting colour. Final touch was to add a Guarded Switch and it was finished. The blade will come in another post.

Thanks for checking this hilt out.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 05:32:58 PM »

Hey right on.  Reminds me of the Darksaber...

+1 For.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 05:38:26 PM »

Hi Rapine,

Hey right on.  Reminds me of the Darksaber...
Funny you should mention that, but you'll have to wait till my next collection of pics to see what I mean.
Thanks for the support.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 01:54:10 AM »

I DESPERATELY want to learn Blender…I would really benefit from learning the ways of mesh and texturing!!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 02:20:13 AM »

Hi mrg149,

Well the good news is that it is free! And the other good news is that there are a lot of useful tutorials on YouTube (Blender Guru is quite a good tutor).

I only started using the program in June of this year and one of the best ways to learn is to mess around and experiment. Get used to working and orientating yourself in 3 dimensions, learn to move the cursor and camera around your workspace and test the predefined views. Then pick a beginner tutorial video and follow along with it. Don't try to run just make a model like a house or bungalow (a cube with a pyramid) so you learn how to add shapes and move them into position. Use the different ready made parts like the cube, cone, plane, CYLINDERS (useful for sabers these!) and the TORUS which looks like mmm do-nuts!

There are literally hundreds of ways of achieving the same result so play around and find what works for you. Then things will start to click as certain functions work in conjunction with others.

Have a go.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: