Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448580 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2018, 01:33:47 PM »

Hello again Infinit,

As I mentioned on the Wishlist/What Do We Want Form Ultrasabers thread this hilt I posted quickly as Naris Suril mentioned a four bladed crossguard (< I like this person's thinking  Cheesy )

My friend from another message board suggested that I branched out to do larger scale models. I think they meant maybe a room interior or a Dalek but I picked the Death Star.

If it's anything close to your design that US sells, I'd buy it!   Cheesy

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2018, 06:42:20 AM »

Hello GF, Infinit,

@Golden Fedora: I can add it to my "To Do List" which is getting longer every day. I have been asked recently to design a whole series of hilts based on popular TV/Movie franchises.

@Infinit01: Thanks for the compliment, maybe US will be able to make a workable four blade one day.

points to both for your support.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2018, 02:15:18 PM »

a 4 blade would be interesting but I am not sure anyone could figure out how to put 5 LED's in a saber an not have it die in 10 minutes.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2018, 02:30:06 PM »

a 4 blade would be interesting but I am not sure anyone could figure out how to put 5 LED's in a saber an not have it die in 10 minutes.

This. Unless batteries with more MAH are used which one will have to do it on their own since the 14500 batteries are only 800 MAH

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2018, 07:39:43 AM »

Hi guys,

You are both correct. Higher capacity cells would be needed...but I just come up with the concepts!

Though I do have a grasp of Ohms Law from my Theatre days (the lights I wired were just a LOT bigger - 500W Spotlights etc  Cheesy )

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »

Hi guys,

You are both correct. Higher capacity cells would be needed...but I just come up with the concepts!

Though I do have a grasp of Ohms Law from my Theatre days (the lights I wired were just a LOT bigger - 500W Spotlights etc  Cheesy )

500W spotglights?! Whoa, I bet they were incredibly bright and HOT

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2018, 08:29:10 AM »

Yes, they did warm up quite a bit. The operator had to wear gloves if using the spotlight for extended periods. Fortunately most solos in musicals only last a few minutes.

The real heat can build up when you have rows of lights (known as ParCans) If you watch the new Bohemian Rhapsody film you will see Queen's stage lighting rig which is mainly ParCan lights. The smallest ParCans I used were 250W each and if you had four on each mounting bar that alone was 1000W (1K)

Nowadays though the new LED clusters run much cooler and are more consistent in colour.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2018, 08:11:59 PM »

Love the simplicity of the crimson and the death Star blade wow...it's like Tarkins sabre in my mind crisp strong build and brutally destructive.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2018, 08:59:44 PM »

Love the simplicity of the crimson and the death Star blade wow...it's like Tarkins sabre in my mind crisp strong build and brutally destructive.

Hello Lord_S_Gray, Crimson was one of my early designs and the first of which I tried using a Modifier (a specific modelling tool) to create geometry rather than creating parts using the supplied basic objects. The Throne Room hilt is the shape it is so that I could attach all four side emitters. But in shaping it in this way gave it the powerful look, a bit like a musclecar!

Thank you also for the kind comments, I appreciate all the feedback I get so I know what works in people's opinion and what I need to work on.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2018, 12:05:05 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Just a quick update as I have learnt something quite neat. As some of you may have noticed, the blades on my designs are pretty basic. They are basically just coloured rods that emit a colour. This is because I didn't know how to add the famous "ILM" magic special effect to make the blade look like a lightsaber. From the tutorials I had seen on YouTube made it seem like you had to apply the effect onto the surface of the model like adding a paint layer but every technique I tried failed to work. Embarrassed

But I have had success and found the solution. Here are a couple of before and after pics for you to decide...
Before:

With FX:

Ecto-Plasma Saber before:

With FX:

Not bad if I say so myself! Now it might look as if I have just Photoshopped the blades but if you look really close on the windowed emitters you will see the effect shining through the holes! This is because the effect is embedded within the 3D file and is not an overlay. If I rotate the model then the effect also rotates and casts different shine and shadows on the saber and it's surroundings automatically.

It's taken me four months to work this out but I'm glad I have. Hope you like it and thanks for looking in.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2018, 12:08:53 AM »

I really like that black and red one. It looks sinister.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2018, 12:19:58 AM »

I really like that black and red one. It looks sinister.

Hi SFD, thanks very much, I'm glad it looks sinister as I designed it based on Darth Maul! I call it Crimson. I also posted this hilt and a similar one for Qi'Ra earlier in this thread. The post can be found here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40017.msg674191#msg674191

I'll have to work on Specular lighting next  Wink
point incoming

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2018, 10:08:23 AM »

Loving the Ecto sabre with the kind of Slimer Green blade glow is really nice with the FX - another option could be a red that pulses out to a blue like the proton pack beam for a blade colour. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2018, 05:03:37 PM »

Loving the Ecto sabre with the kind of Slimer Green blade glow is really nice with the FX - another option could be a red that pulses out to a blue like the proton pack beam for a blade colour. 

Hi Lord_S_Gray,
Thanks man, so glad you liked the new effects (and especially on the Ecto saber as I am real proud how that one turned out). The pulsing blade colour may be a thing for the future as I would have to learn more on the animation side of the Blender Software to do that. But it is possible!

point for the great feedback.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2018, 03:45:32 PM »

Hey right on.  Reminds me of the Darksaber...

+1 For.

Well I promised I would work on one so...here you go Rapine!

(They do exist!)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: