Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453561 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2018, 08:27:53 AM »

I look forward to seeing your Tron designed saber, Tyeth. Point back!

Yeah, thanks! I have just been looking up reference images and material for inspiriation and realised it ain't going to be as simple. There isn't many details in the films, it's all neon circuitry patterns and glossy panelling. But as always I will do my best, just give me a few days!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2018, 07:24:09 PM »

Yeah, thanks! I have just been looking up reference images and material for inspiriation and realised it ain't going to be as simple. There isn't many details in the films, it's all neon circuitry patterns and glossy panelling. But as always I will do my best, just give me a few days!

can't wait to see it Tyeth.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2018, 05:57:17 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It has been a few days since I posted a design so I had best rectify that. I felt that with the skills I had learned so far I needed more original hilts and this was the next hilt I came up with after Crimson. I went from one extreme of good and evil to the other. This time the saber is based off an heroic icon...

First I built the emitter...

Next up were the ventilation grilles...

Then I built the "Escape Pod" recharge port covers

Finally the Covertech, body details and Holochess Board pommel/speaker grille...

You can probably see what my inspiration was and what I tried to achieve. But one detail that may not be apparent is the use of one of the Ventilation Grilles as a cover for an Activation Tactile Switch and I imagined a recharge port could be hidden behind the "Escape Pod" covers. At the lower end of the hilt there are indented panels to replicate cargo crates and to finish the hilt off there is a clever speaker grill in the pommel. The grille is modelled on a Holochess Board and each black segment would be a venting hole.

Thanks for looking in on this design and oh yes...I suggest you let the Wookie win  Grin

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2018, 01:17:21 AM »

Looks great. I like straightforward hilts myself, but I also appreciate the variety you've been doing for people who like stuff that breaks the normal conventions for sabers. Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2018, 06:25:52 PM »

Hi SFD,

Thanks man, as you'll know I like my "themed" hilts. I try to be different but I will be doing some regular hilts too in future. I have been reading the stories in the Fan Fiction section and was going to design a hilt for Lady Revan's character "Halin Chan" based on her description...then realised it looked rather familiar!

point incoming.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2018, 01:57:18 AM »

Yeah I see where you're going with that...my only feedback would be for a 'Han' Falcon it would be Awesome to see some grey patches, odd red stripes and dings to give it that used feel. For a Lando one Blue lines instead of black maybe, but yeah i think the overall shape is very well suited.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2018, 07:04:33 PM »

Yeah I see where you're going with that...my only feedback would be for a 'Han' Falcon it would be Awesome to see some grey patches, odd red stripes and dings to give it that used feel. For a Lando one Blue lines instead of black maybe, but yeah i think the overall shape is very well suited.

Hi Lord_S_Gray, I like those suggestions! I built this hilt in July so hadn't learnt how to add scuffs and scratches back then. I have a few more skills now (such as subdividing sections which greatly helps making panels) so will add a few of the mods you mention.
Thanks this has been great feedback. point incoming.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2018, 03:50:20 AM »

I do some custom saber work in a game I play. Here's my store for your perusal

http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/166159

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2018, 03:32:45 PM »

Love your take on the Falcon saber, Tyeth. I really like the escape pod ports that you used and the emitter design really pays homage to it’s cockpit

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2018, 03:34:45 PM »

I do some custom saber work in a game I play. Here's my store for your perusal

Hi mrg149,

Thanks for your comment. I went and took a look at your page but it didn't seem to have any designs on it, but there was a drop down menu with price ranges though!
I'll take another look when you have a few sabers up on display ok!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2018, 03:40:57 PM »

Hello Infinit,

Thanks man, I try and add little details on all my hilts I design. The Falcon has lots of little details that can be incorporated into a design to reinforce the visual ties. For example, did anybody see the Batmobile Tumbler that was stuck onto the model of the Falcon used in TFA? I like those little "Easter Eggs" and I try to add similar ones to my hilts when I can.

Lord_S_Gray even suggested a few more mods I could add which I'm working on now!

So thanks again guys for the feedback, it really helps (and adds to my workload  Grin ) Point incoming.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2018, 10:46:41 PM »

Hi mrg149,

Thanks for your comment. I went and took a look at your page but it didn't seem to have any designs on it, but there was a drop down menu with price ranges though!
I'll take another look when you have a few sabers up on display ok!

Ah nutso! I forgot you can't see items that are listed under the "moderate" category without having a Second Life account…my bad.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2018, 11:21:35 PM »

Ah nutso! I forgot you can't see items that are listed under the "moderate" category without having a Second Life account…my bad.

Hi mrg149,

Don't worry about making a simple mistake, it gave me an idea for a new design...an invisible stealth hilt!
It's a design no-one will have seen before  Grin

And I love the "Ah Nutso!" quote, I'm going to have to use that one in future!"
point incoming.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2018, 07:06:34 PM »

Hi mrg149,

Don't worry about making a simple mistake, it gave me an idea for a new design...an invisible stealth hilt!
It's a design no-one will have seen before  Grin

This isn't the saber you're looking for....

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2018, 03:31:24 PM »

This isn't the saber you're looking for....

Haha! Even if my stealth saber was the one you were looking for you wouldn't see it!

I have taken a look at making a design for Halin Chan, but as I read the description of her hilt  and drew a quick sketch of it I realised it looked kinda like an  Ultrasabers Butcher, sooo I'll take a look at designing a hilt for one of your other characters. Just wanted to let you know I hadn't forgotten and was still working on it (some members here have taken to giving me suggestions of what they'd like to see me design,  keeping me busy!)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: