Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453725 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2018, 06:34:35 PM »

Haha! Even if my stealth saber was the one you were looking for you wouldn't see it!

I have taken a look at making a design for Halin Chan, but as I read the description of her hilt  and drew a quick sketch of it I realised it looked kinda like an  Ultrasabers Butcher, sooo I'll take a look at designing a hilt for one of your other characters. Just wanted to let you know I hadn't forgotten and was still working on it (some members here have taken to giving me suggestions of what they'd like to see me design,  keeping me busy!)

That’s because it’s a canon saber for a canon character Wink sorry for the spoiler if you’re not that far yet. lol glad my description was accurate enough.

I have blade color descriptions for Opela and Alex, but no hilt ones. Lots of Jedi characters though, so do what you see fit! I’m currently writing a scene of a character building her first saber but that will be a couple days before posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2018, 07:36:47 PM »

Hi Lady Revan,

I just reread the first couple of chapters of your story and will set to work.
Hopefully I should have one for Opela and one for Alex. I'll let you know when they're ready.

(And you're descriptions where really good)

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2018, 11:00:38 PM »

Hi Lady Revan,

I just reread the first couple of chapters of your story and will set to work.
Hopefully I should have one for Opela and one for Alex. I'll let you know when they're ready.

(And you're descriptions where really good)

I look forward to seeing what you come up with! Honestly, the timing of this couldn't be better since I'm currently writing another character constructing her first saber. Cheesy "Halin" is going to construct another saber in the chapter after the one I'm currently working on... but that's another canon saber (though it *does* undergo  changes through the story).

And thank you! Cheesy That chapter was fun to write, just because of the number of turning points that happen in it... plus main main character's lightsaber construction. From SD to DVA... at least 3 more saber versions for Halin to come (though the third isn't until part III)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2018, 05:20:54 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Sorry I have been a little bit AWOL recently but I have been busy in my little cave creating and not only have I come up with an initial design for Lady Revan's great FanFic story "Only Light Can Cast Shadow":
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=39828.msg664275#msg664275
but I have knocked up a few basic TRON themed hilts (Sorry SFD, but Lady Revan's new hilt is a complete original non themed hilt you might like when I post it!)

I mentioned that the TRON films consisted of a lot of FX lighting and dark spaces so not a lot of details but I think you should be able to see what I've attempted to do with these next couple of hilts...hope you like....

Sark Studio shot:

Sark Tank:

Clu LightCycle:

And of course on for the titular character TRON!..

So there you go guys and girls, a few legacy sabers for TRON.
And I'd just like to say thanks to all of you for checking this thread out, it has had 1092 views already!
Now, I think I need some Astromechs to help me in my work....hmm there's an idea...

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2018, 05:40:12 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Sorry I have been a little bit AWOL recently but I have been busy in my little cave creating and not only have I come up with an initial design for Lady Revan's great FanFic story "Only Light Can Cast Shadow":
but I have knocked up a few basic TRON themed hilts (Sorry SFD, but Lady Revan's new hilt is a complete original non themed hilt you might like when I post it!)

I mentioned that the TRON films consisted of a lot of FX lighting and dark spaces so not a lot of details but I think you should be able to see what I've attempted to do with these next couple of hilts...hope you like....

Sark Studio shot:

Sark Tank:

Clu LightCycle:

And I'd just like to say thanks to all of you for checking this thread out, it has had 1092 views already!
Now, I think I need some Astromechs to help me in my work....hmm there's an idea...

D’awww you flatter me ❤️ Points for plugs!

Also, I’m loving the tron sabers, especially the last one. Not gonna lie, before I read that they were the Tron ones, I though the very top image looked a bit like an X-Wing

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2018, 05:47:50 PM »

D’awww you flatter me ❤️ Points for plugs!

Also, I’m loving the tron sabers, especially the last one. Not gonna lie, before I read that they were the Tron ones, I though the very top image looked a bit like an X-Wing

Hello Lady Revan,

Credit where credit is due, I am really enjoying your story when I get the chance to read some! With all these hilts I've been busy. The first hilt I based on the "Hover Tanks" that Sark sent out to get Tron in the first film, but I can see what you mean about the X-Wing profile! However if you are patient for a couple of designs I have a hilt designed in honour of the X-Wing and the Greatest Pilot in the Resistance coming up!

Thanks again for the kind words and I'm now going to treat myself and read another chapter or two!
point incoming.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2018, 12:17:07 AM »

I REALLY like the yellow and blue versions. The red one looks cool, but the impracticality of the cross guard going down towards the hand and getting in the way is getting to me. So, the circles on the cross guard are sweet. Cheesy

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2018, 01:07:13 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Sark Studio shot:

Sark Tank:

Clu LightCycle:

Whoa. Love the blue and yellow versions

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2018, 01:13:13 AM »

I REALLY like the yellow and blue versions. The red one looks cool, but the impracticality of the cross guard going down towards the hand and getting in the way is getting to me. So, the circles on the cross guard are sweet. Cheesy

Hi SFD, the Light Cycle sabers are a little more sleek and I guess ergonomic even if they are really just concepts. (I think the hilts could be recreated using side glow fibre optic but would still probably be impractical).

The "Sark Hover Tank" could have the crossguard flipped one eighty degrees so the hilt looks like a Sai blade. This would clear the handgrip, I just placed the guard the way it is because the "legs" hung down.

Thanks for the comments. Point coming in.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2018, 01:16:52 AM »

Love that futuristic clean bright blue look on the Tron sabre!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2018, 01:21:16 AM »

Whoa. Love the blue and yellow versions
Love that futuristic clean bright blue look on the Tron sabre!

Hello Infinit and Lord_S_Gray,

Sorry I was just typing up a reply to SFD as the two of you posted! It does seem like the Light Cycle sabers are quite popular! Then again the cycles were one of the most famous parts of the film!

I think the neon colours do lend themselves to lightsabers too which helps.
Again thanks for the feedback and comments. Points incoming.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2018, 01:30:36 AM »

I agree, I love these designs.  They really capture the essence of the original Tron visuals.  Nice!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2018, 01:38:06 AM »

I agree, I love these designs.  They really capture the essence of the original Tron visuals.  Nice!

Hi Karmack, thanks again and I'll let you all in on a little secret. Due to the way Blender handles the lighting the software sometimes creates patterns on the image and that is what caused the speckled look. I thought it looked like the original film effects so didn't apply a filter to clean the image up. A  happy little accident!

point on it's way to you.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2018, 02:19:48 AM »

Hey Tyeth.

I wanted to give you my more elaborate take in your Tron sabers.  You did a great job capturing the light cycles and the added Tron lines give the rest of each saber a little glimpse of the world or the battle arena. At least that’s the vibe that I get from it anyhow.   I’m not going to lie, the two light cycle sabers are my favorite; however, I really like the Recognizer saber. Using the Recognizer as the main theme for the emitter was a great idea.  You really outdid yourself in these and I love it. That would be cool if the main cockpit or the “legs” would move mimicking it moving up and down like in the movies.

Great work once again, Tyeth and point.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2018, 02:34:13 AM »

Hey Tyeth.
I’m not going to lie, the two light cycle sabers are my favorite; however, I really like the Recognizer saber. Using the Recognizer as the main theme for the emitter was a great idea.  Great work once again, Tyeth and point.

Thanks Infinit,

I'm glad they proved so popular. And I now know what the Hover Tanks are called! I'd looked up that info and they were just referred to as Tanks. And the Light Grid is exactly that, the floor of the arena. I thought it looked/fitted the theme better than just the reflective floor I usually use! (And maybe an animated Recognizer is something I can work on for the future)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: