Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448727 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2018, 05:21:15 PM »

Wow Tyeth, these are amazing! you have truly outdone yourself this time. I love the yellow hilt (Why is it only a concept?!?!?!?!) I would love to see these in RL, that would make my year.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2018, 05:29:31 PM »

Thanks Infinit,

I'm glad they proved so popular. And I now know what the Hover Tanks are called! I'd looked up that info and they were just referred to as Tanks. And the Light Grid is exactly that, the floor of the arena. I thought it looked/fitted the theme better than just the reflective floor I usually use! (And maybe an animated Recognizer is something I can work on for the future)

You're welcome, Tyeth.  Don't mind me, I'm a huge nerd when I get into movies and comics, I get fully immersed into it that I talk to most people as if they're immersed into it as well.  All equals of course.  I look forward to that although it wouldn't be exactly "duel" or "spin" worthy with moving parts.  It would look cool nonetheless

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2018, 12:11:03 PM »

Wow Tyeth, these are amazing! you have truly outdone yourself this time. I love the yellow hilt (Why is it only a concept?!?!?!?!) I would love to see these in RL, that would make my year.

Hi Golden Fedora, I just meant that with a flat acrylic blade and the complex shape of the Light Cycle Tsuba it would probably be difficult/expensive to manufacture. Not to mention finding a way to recreate the neon lighting all over the hilt (though I did mention side glow fibre optics might be an option).
The Clu Cycle Saber might become a reality in the future even if it is only a "One-Off" prototype.

Glad you liked the hilts though thanks. Another appreciation point coming your way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2018, 12:21:17 PM »

You're welcome, Tyeth.  Don't mind me, I'm a huge nerd when I get into movies and comics, I get fully immersed into it that I talk to most people as if they're immersed into it as well.  All equals of course.  I look forward to that although it wouldn't be exactly "duel" or "spin" worthy with moving parts.  It would look cool nonetheless

Hi Infinit, I was a fan of the film but as a youngling didn't have funds to get all the merchandise and fully integrate with it's fanbase. And I didn't have the Internet and stuff back then to find like minded Nerds!
I have dabbled with animations and I have a Kylo Ren inspired hilt coming up that spins pretty well I think you will all like. (Can't do much animating with my current graphics card  Sad )

However I think you already have one of my designs that has potential to be a good spinner.... Lips sealed

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2018, 11:21:24 PM »

Hello Everybody,

A few posts back I jokingly mentioned that I needed a droid to help me with my workload now I was getting requests on this thread. Funny thing is I owned a droid many years ago, he was my Red friend. Wanna see him? Ok, but first I have to explain I bought him second hand from a bunch of scavengers on Tatooine and he needed a bit of work...bad motivator....here's R5-D4...

In the workshop!...

Clean those optic sensors...

He's alive I tell you!!!...

But sadly I no longer have R5, he started babbling on about a mission to ensure some guy called Skywalker bought an R2 unit or something. He ran off and hitched a lift on the Tantive V that was passing by...

Well I don't need to explain my inspiration for this hilt, hopefully it was obvious enough! I will say I would install tactile switches under the two silver grilles to act as the activation switch and aux button (depending on install).
Hope you enjoyed it, and I have one or two more Astromechs to introduce in future posts but for now thanks for checking this one out.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2018, 06:45:13 AM »

That's kind of adorable, actually! lol R5-D4 looks like a very useful droid-saber

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2018, 06:55:46 AM »

Nice, I like it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2018, 11:53:45 PM »

That's kind of adorable, actually! lol R5-D4 looks like a very useful droid-saber

Hi Lady Revan, so glad you liked him, it er, the saber. A lot of my early designs I based on characters from the films but due to limitations with the software I used back then I couldn't do justice to the Astromechs. Switching to Blender meant I could build what I had envisaged.

However I can't promise the next Astro will be so cute (but he is an R-Series)  Lips sealed

point incoming.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2018, 07:01:00 AM »

Hi Lady Revan, so glad you liked him, it er, the saber. A lot of my early designs I based on characters from the films but due to limitations with the software I used back then I couldn't do justice to the Astromechs. Switching to Blender meant I could build what I had envisaged.

However I can't promise the next Astro will be so cute (but he is an R-Series)  Lips sealed

point incoming.

Thanks for the point! *tosses one back at you*

I can't wait to see how the next R-series droid saber turns out! Looking forward to it!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2018, 11:59:06 PM »

Nice, I like it.

Hi Taegin, thank you very much. I didn't think Red had that much screen time but there was something about him (and the other Astros) that created a strong image/theme. Probably explains why there are so many Astromech builders clubs around the world.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy my upcoming hilts too.
point for you also.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2018, 12:06:22 AM »

Thanks for the point! *tosses one back at you*

I can't wait to see how the next R-series droid saber turns out! Looking forward to it!

Hi again Lady Revan, thank you and I will post the next Astro in a few days time.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2018, 05:11:33 AM »

Haha, without looking any further, I was looking at the first picture of the saber and thought to myself, that's R5 and I was right!  Hitting the nail on the head there with that design (or so to speak), Tyeth!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2018, 05:29:15 AM »

Haha, without looking any further, I was looking at the first picture of the saber and thought to myself, that's R5 and I was right!  Hitting the nail on the head there with that design (or so to speak), Tyeth!

Agreed that fits the lok so well its uncanny, great job FT, not just the sabre but the creativity behind it! R Unit into sabre is very innovative idea and really works well!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2018, 12:33:15 PM »

Wow, that totally wouldn't work with any R-series astromech except for the R5 line. It looks good.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2018, 11:50:29 PM »

Haha, without looking any further, I was looking at the first picture of the saber and thought to myself, that's R5 and I was right!  Hitting the nail on the head there with that design (or so to speak), Tyeth!
Agreed that fits the lok so well its uncanny, great job FT, not just the sabre but the creativity behind it! R Unit into sabre is very innovative idea and really works well!
Wow, that totally wouldn't work with any R-series astromech except for the R5 line. It looks good.

Thanks guys, I built this design after I got up close to some real Astromechs at the Comic Con and Sci-Fest I visited recently. I don't know what triggered the idea I just think they have a lot of details and character (even if we only saw R5-D4 briefly). That plus they are cylindrical!

The inspiration for my next Astromech hilt was on screen for an even shorter time but is quite famous (and the one I met is "possibly" THE droid in the film but for legal reasons I can't confirm that  Lips sealed )

And to SFD, I have a final Astro hilt to show you all with a domed head and I think is a bit clever!

Thanks again for the comments and have points back

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: