Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448576 times)
Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2018, 05:35:10 PM »

That's really cool For. Point.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2018, 01:06:42 AM »

That's really cool For. Point.

Hi Darth Silenoz,

Thanks man, I'm glad you liked it. I hope to post a few more hilts over the next week or so but I can't guarantee anything as I am having technical issues with my computer and I may be forced offline permanently if it crashes. So I will post as and when I can.

point back in return and thanks!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2018, 06:33:35 PM »

Hi Darth Silenoz,

Thanks man, I'm glad you liked it. I hope to post a few more hilts over the next week or so but I can't guarantee anything as I am having technical issues with my computer and I may be forced offline permanently if it crashes. So I will post as and when I can.

point back in return and thanks!

Sorry to hear about your computer issues. I think I heard a rumor floating around about it being remedied soon. Wink

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2018, 02:02:45 AM »

Hope the issues with your computer get worked out, For Tyeth. Computer issues are a real pain.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2018, 03:23:53 AM »

Hope the issues with your computer get worked out, For Tyeth. Computer issues are a real pain.

Hi Lady Revan, I will keep going as long as I can but my laptop is an old reconditioned machine I have had for 3 years now. Unfortunately I bought the laptop cheap (about $13) from an Adult Community College when they upgraded their setup but now the inner workings of the Windows operating system has eaten up the memory.
I keep getting messages that I have "Low disk space, please delete files as Windows needs 300MB to run" but I have already deleted or transferred all my files to removable disks/USB etc. I have also uninstalled all non necessary software and programs but to no avail.

My big problem is I am unable to work  due to a long standing medical issue and am on a low income so can't replace the laptop if it dies.

I will keep posting for as long as it lasts....and thank you for the support.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2018, 03:29:14 AM »

Hi Lady Revan, I will keep going as long as I can but my laptop is an old reconditioned machine I have had for 3 years now. Unfortunately I bought the laptop cheap (about $13) from an Adult Community College when they upgraded their setup but now the inner workings of the Windows operating system has eaten up the memory.
I keep getting messages that I have "Low disk space, please delete files as Windows needs 300MB to run" but I have already deleted or transferred all my files to removable disks/USB etc. I have also uninstalled all non necessary software and programs but to no avail.

My big problem is I am unable to work  due to a long standing medical issue and am on a low income so can't replace the laptop if it dies.

I will keep posting for as long as it lasts....and thank you for the support.
Keep us posted <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2018, 04:39:16 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I'm still here and have another Astromech saber to show you all but this one is slightly more sinister and was recently seen in SOLO A Star Wars Story. The Astromech in this case is...

Here is the body and grip..

It may look as if this is just a "repaint" of the R5-D4 hilt seen previously, and to a degree it is based off that hilt but I added an extra part that was missing from R5-D4 and that part was a blade plug!..

It turns out there is a function within Blender that can automatically shape an object using a second object as a mould or form. So using the emitter I instructed Blender to fit a cylinder into the blade socket. The cylinder was the same diameter as the hilt but Blender removed the excess material to shape the cylinder into the mushroom shaped blade plug you see. And by doing this the plug fits perfectly in the socket!

And as R5-PHT is an Imperial Droid he had to be perfect or this guy might complain..

In a surprise twist of fate this guy also knows R5-PHT... I met R5-PHT at my local Comic Con...

And the best part of this story? Well the droid I am posing with is THE DROID not a replica!
(R5-PHT also has interchangeable heads as you can see in the picture and poster behind me! R5-PHT has a flat head and R2-PHT has the dome to carry out different missions)

Thanks for looking in on this design, I have one final Astromech to show you (I promise)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2018, 10:15:04 AM »

Love the R5-PHT saber you designed, Tyeth. I see Imperial and R5’s inspiration all within this saber. Well done

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2018, 05:30:57 PM »

Love the R5-PHT saber you designed, Tyeth. I see Imperial and R5’s inspiration all within this saber. Well done

Hi Infinit,

Thanks but I admit it is only a small design tweak and colour change. However in my defence it highlighted the Boolean Modifier function I learnt (you might have used them in your 3D modelling too) and the funny little story of my meeting with a real life film star!

Blade plugs will also be a feature of the next couple of designs!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2018, 08:45:59 PM »

Dark Side Droids can be cute too Wink Excellent design! Cheesy I love the photos sharing your inspiration as well! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see what else you have in store

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2018, 09:03:06 PM »

Hello My Lady,

Thank you very much, so glad you approve! It's not often you get to have a photo with a legit film star so I couldn't pass up on the opportunity  Grin

I have one more cutesy Astromech hilt to show everyone then I have a TLJ inspired hilt that is rather rooted in the First Order/Darkside!

Thanks again for looking in. Point on it's way to you.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2018, 02:05:51 PM »

Nice FT really captured the looks of the droid again - the darkside opposite for the R5 as it were, plug is a nice touch too.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2018, 09:15:24 PM »

Hello My Lady,

Thank you very much, so glad you approve! It's not often you get to have a photo with a legit film star so I couldn't pass up on the opportunity  Grin

I have one more cutesy Astromech hilt to show everyone then I have a TLJ inspired hilt that is rather rooted in the First Order/Darkside!

Thanks again for looking in. Point on it's way to you.

Thank you kindly for the point! Sending one back! Looking forward to the next Astromech hilt. I have a feeling I know where this is going....

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2018, 09:23:52 PM »

Nice FT really captured the looks of the droid again - the darkside opposite for the R5 as it were, plug is a nice touch too.

Hello Lord_S_Gray, the blade plug came about because I realised that all my hilts had been missing something when I didn't have the blade slotted in while modelling them. Also when I got to inspect the internals of the Droid when his handler/builder swapped the heads I realised how neat the top of the flat head looked. I thought it would make a nice plug design.

I have one final Astro and I guess he won't need an introduction, then I have something a little special to show!
Thanks once more for the kind comments. Point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2018, 09:26:48 PM »

Thank you kindly for the point! Sending one back! Looking forward to the next Astromech hilt. I have a feeling I know where this is going....

Hello again my Lady, you should have a good idea which droid is next...you are strong with the Force sneak peeks  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: