Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 451044 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2018, 06:21:14 PM »

Hello Lady Revan,

Haha! Yes R2 does resemble a PEZ now you mention it, just don't pop it and point him at your face and expect a fruity flavoured candy!
I have mentioned before these droids had so much character there were lots of details I could add to reinforce the look (and cuteness) of the hilt.

And I know you are being sincere so please accept a point in appreciation of your support!

I can't wait to see what designs come up next. The teaser image is looking good!

You know you have my support without points, but have one back anyway <3 We artists have to stick together. There are enough critics in this world as is.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2018, 06:33:38 PM »

I can't wait to see what designs come up next. The teaser image is looking good!

You know you have my support without points, but have one back anyway <3 We artists have to stick together. There are enough critics in this world as is.

Thanks, and I have to say the response I have received on this forum from members (and Admin) has been so positive.

But my next hilt is definitely not based on a droid...it's something much more dangerous!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2018, 10:12:13 PM »

As I expected... IT'S ADORABLE! I love the little end cap shaped like R2's "head." It kind of reminds me of a lightsaber/pez dispenser hybrid in that way... please know I mean that as a compliment XD

That's a good observation.

I can see a similarity to another kind of battery powered product with that kind of shape too...

Great stuff again FT, really taken the droid sabre concept and run with it, they are all similar in a way but all work because of that, i could easily see them as a product range, as you have light side/dark side and neutral options.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2018, 03:18:21 PM »

That's a good observation.

I can see a similarity to another kind of battery powered product with that kind of shape too...

Great stuff again FT, really taken the droid sabre concept and run with it, they are all similar in a way but all work because of that, i could easily see them as a product range, as you have light side/dark side and neutral options.

Hi Lord_S_Gray

Thanks for the feedback! Sadly this is the last in the series of Astromechs (though I might make an R2-KT hilt as it has special meaning). The next saber will be totally different.

point incoming.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2018, 10:29:07 PM »

Looks good. I like the R5 ones better, but it's cool.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2018, 03:34:46 PM »

Looks good. I like the R5 ones better, but it's cool.

Hi SFD,

That's ok each to their own. That's one reason why I did a range as R-series droids are like sabers in that one person will like Thin Neck hilts and Prowl 1701 likes the Prophecy Grin

The same goes for droids some like R5s and others like R2s. You only have to check out the droid action figure collector's forums to find that out!

Thanks again and maybe the next one or my KOTOR/SWTOR inspired hilts will catch your attention. Point incoming.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2018, 10:46:05 PM »

How about one based an R4 with the OT dome? I've always liked the R4 units.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2018, 03:47:20 PM »

Hi SFD,

That is a great suggestion I can work on. If you give me a few days I should be able to adapt one for you. Any particular R4 or the one in the picture?

Actually, you have reminded me I have another hilt based on part of a droid. I'll post that next.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2018, 10:53:49 PM »

I don't know of any specific R4 units, besides the ones from the prequel trilogy with the wrong domes. "The Jedi modified theirs with R2 domes so they can store more hyperspace coordinates." Roll Eyes Right. Just admit you didn't want to make those original domes. That pic is just one from Wookieepedia.

Cool, bro. I'm not in any hurry. It was just a suggestion anyway, nothing you had to act on or anything.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2018, 03:54:24 PM »

Cool, bro. I'm not in any hurry. It was just a suggestion anyway, nothing you had to act on or anything.

Hi again, well let me know your favourite colours and I can knock one up in your scheme....maybe R4-SFD?

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2018, 11:03:17 PM »

I've personally always been a fan of the Imperial droid color schemes.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2018, 04:07:38 PM »

I've personally always been a fan of the Imperial droid color schemes.

Hi SFD, not a problem, I should have one done by the weekend. I'll send it to you via PM then if you want to post it it's up to you ok! Thanks again for the suggestion.

Oh one more thing...do you want a particular blade colour or regular Sith Red?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2018, 11:14:17 PM »

Looking forward to those!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2018, 04:16:54 PM »

Looking forward to those!

Hi Infinit, I don't think they should be too difficult to remodel then a case of "repainting" them! And thanks I got your point you sent earlier.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2018, 11:07:42 PM »

Hello Everybody and SFD, well I 've been busy again! How about this?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: