Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448646 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2018, 11:09:42 PM »

Hello Everybody and SFD, well I 've been busy again! How about this?

Dude, you're awesome. Smiley That looks great.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2018, 11:15:59 PM »

Dude, you're awesome. Smiley That looks great.

Hi SFD, thank you for the compliment  Embarrassed
I just got carried away after creating your personal R4 and built one for me!

point incoming.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2018, 04:13:02 PM »

Cute droid sabers!!!!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2018, 11:21:13 PM »

Cute droid sabers!!!!

Hello Lady Revan, yes I know more droids but SFD's suggestion sounded good to make an R4 version too. He now has his own as well in his choice of colours!
I have one final droid related hilt but it is only PART of a droid I used as inspiration.

Glad you liked FTE, point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2018, 03:08:45 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Today I bought nothing in the Black Friday Sales but I still feel like joining in the fun! When you buy something from a store it usually comes all wrapped up in packaging yes? And that packaging needs recycling to protect the Galaxy, yes? Well I don't have any packaging but I do have some droids I could recycle!
DON'T WORRY FOLKS... I'M JOKING!

I haven't dismantled any of my Astro hilts but I have repurposed a part of a droid here take a look...

SCOMP 2:

SCOMP 3:

SCOMP 4: Do you recognise it yet?

SCOMP 5: This might help!

SCOMP Original:

SCOMP In use:

One day I noticed the SCOMP Data Connector found on R-Series Astros looked very similar to a Thin Neck saber of sorts! I just needed to add an Activation Switch/Power Level Indicator (PLI) and a Covertech Wheel (optional  Grin)
This design even comes with it's own resistors installed and in this case the brown resistor is a 39ohms resistor while the blue one is rated at 4.02 megaOhms just like the real prop has! (BTW these resistors would not be suitable for a real replica!).
The resistors were actually fun to model as I built them the same size as the hilt then scaled them down to their proper size but all the colour banding is correct. And I even added the red wires and a SCOMP DATA TERMINAL CONNECTION SOCKET (I just built that for fun, it doesn't work but looks good on my wall!)

Well I hope you enjoyed this recycled saber of sorts, I have another made from an X-Wing Fighter to show you soon.
Thanks again for looking in on this design and all your support,  it's much appreciated.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2018, 08:57:03 PM »

Nice captures the mechanical look but what really sets it off are the wire and resistor details. Again great creativity and lateral thinking to pick such an unlikely object from Star Wars and run with it.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »

Nice captures the mechanical look but what really sets it off are the wire and resistor details. Again great creativity and lateral thinking to pick such an unlikely object from Star Wars and run with it.

Hello Lord_S_Gray, those resistor greeblies were the most fun part to model! The wires themselves were a little difficult to route however.

So glad you liked the hilt (and it was only part of a droid this time)
Thanks and a point incoming.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2018, 11:01:49 PM »

Looks good, dude. Interesting choice, turning the computer probe thingy (technical term) into a saber.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2018, 11:14:29 PM »

Looks good, dude. Interesting choice, turning the computer probe thingy (technical term) into a saber.

Hi SFD

Thanks man, I thought it was poetic way to wrap up the Astromech series of hilts! The "Computer Probe Thingy" is called a SCOMP Connector according to the Industrial Automaton Owner's manual. And yes before anyone asks, I remember TWAIN compliant devices too, I'm an old Geek/Nerd!

point incoming.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2018, 11:37:32 PM »

Hi SFD

Thanks man, I thought it was poetic way to wrap up the Astromech series of hilts! The "Computer Probe Thingy" is called a SCOMP Connector according to the Industrial Automaton Owner's manual. And yes before anyone asks, I remember TWAIN compliant devices too, I'm an old Geek/Nerd!

point incoming.

Now I keep thinking of C3PO. "I'm an interpreter, I'm not supposed to know a power socket from a computer terminal." Wink

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2018, 11:50:13 PM »

Now I keep thinking of C3PO. "I'm an interpreter, I'm not supposed to know a power socket from a computer terminal." Wink

It's a great line! I think Artoo and Threepio's exchanges are brilliant bits of writing considering we only understand/hear one half of them. (It's a bit like a good actor making a telephone call).

But onwards, we have to go for a spin with my next hilt!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #191 on: November 23, 2018, 11:56:28 PM »

Good looking saber there, Tyeth. Just from that screenshot, you created R2’s iconic arm. Kudos and point to you

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2018, 12:03:26 AM »

Good looking saber there, Tyeth. Just from that screenshot, you created R2’s iconic arm. Kudos and point to you

Hi Infinit, thank you also. I am getting the hang of looking at images and using a form of reverse engineering I'm able to work out approximate dimensions of an object based on comparing them to a known fixed measurement. (i.e. if there is a Covertech wheel in the image then I can base the measurements compared to the Covertecjh and scale parts accordingly.)

I hope my next hilt will be a bit different than a droid.

point incoming.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2018, 02:47:12 AM »

SCOMP Original:

One day I noticed the SCOMP Data Connector found on R-Series Astros looked very similar to a Thin Neck saber of sorts! I just needed to add an Activation Switch/Power Level Indicator (PLI) and a Covertech Wheel (optional  Grin)
This design even comes with it's own resistors installed and in this case the brown resistor is a 39ohms resistor while the blue one is rated at 4.02 megaOhms just like the real prop has! (BTW these resistors would not be suitable for a real replica!).
The resistors were actually fun to model as I built them the same size as the hilt then scaled them down to their proper size but all the colour banding is correct. And I even added the red wires and a SCOMP DATA TERMINAL CONNECTION SOCKET (I just built that for fun, it doesn't work but looks good on my wall!)

Well I hope you enjoyed this recycled saber of sorts, I have another made from an X-Wing Fighter to show you soon.
Thanks again for looking in on this design and all your support,  it's much appreciated.

Good stuff as always For. This is my personal favorite so far though. Very creative. Looks like it would make a great spinning saber too. +1

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2018, 03:05:56 AM »

Good stuff as always For. This is my personal favorite so far though. Very creative. Looks like it would make a great spinning saber too. +1

Thanks Darth Silenoz! The spinning characteristics of this hilt might be a little hindered by the resistors, but probably not much! The crazy thing about this design is that I have watched the OT for nearly forty years and it was only a month or two back I realised how much like a saber the SCOMP arm was!

You won't believe how the X-Wing hilt turned out and how little I modified the part that inspired it.  Cool

point incoming.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: