Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440749 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #210 on: November 26, 2018, 11:04:19 PM »

Yeah it was the Lego  75179 i was looking at, the thin edging of gray around the black wings that i noticed most as it 'frames' the black so it doesn't get lost - grey on the raised edges on the main hilt handle as well might be a way to get it down the length of the sabre too. but yeah so many options you could do!

Hi again Lord_S_Gray,

I will get to work on those modifications you suggest and I think I may have another detail I can add to the effect. Fortunately I built the hilt in sections so that should make things easier!

Thanks once more.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #211 on: November 26, 2018, 11:08:49 PM »

Looks great. And, I'm sure that would silence her. (see what I did there?) Wink

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2018, 11:14:19 PM »

Looks great. And, I'm sure that would silence her. (see what I did there?) Wink

Hi SFD,

Thanks, I'm glad the design worked out. I did see what you did there but I'm not sure who you want keeping quiet!  Undecided

Nobody I know....I hope!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2018, 01:09:25 AM »

Hello Everybody and in particular Lady Revan,

Today I have a really special offering as I am feeling quite pleased with myself. Whilst making some changes to my TY Silencer hilt suggested by Lord_S_Gray I came up with a completely new design!
But I'm not going to show you that one! No, I have another new hilt I have been working on this past fortnight and it is special as it was inspired by Lady Revan's Fan Fiction "Only Light Can Cast A Shadow"
Click the link to read it:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=39828.msg664275#msg664275

This saber is for the character of Alex Khaar and just from the small description of him towering over some Jedi younglings I came up with this...

And two final "Glamour Shots"

And yes, this is a saber from the Old Republic era so it has a D-Ring - no pesky Covertechs here! The hilt I think would be suitable for an imposing Jedi and the foregrip has finger indentations to assist grip for power strikes (so no spinning with this one..sorry) built into the forward claw. But this hilt can accommodate a two handed grip too when Alex needs it.
The colour scheme is a basic silver and black with a blue blade nothing too gimmicky this time, just a solid character hilt.

I hope you like this design and I have another inspired by Lady Revan's story and a pair of Staff hilts all coming in the future. Thanks to all of you for your support and comments it really helps me improve. Till next time....

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2018, 06:13:18 PM »

Dang, dude. That's officially my favorite hilt that you've posted.

Also, not to nitpick, but the Covertec wheels could be considered Old Republic. Proof: Obi-Wan, Anakin and Vader all had Covertec wheels on their sabers in the OR time, and D-rings in the later time period. Wink Though, really, I'm sure you could use either one for both eras.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2018, 01:23:56 AM »

Also, not to nitpick, but the Covertec wheels could be considered Old Republic. Proof: Obi-Wan, Anakin and Vader all had Covertec wheels on their sabers in the OR time, and D-rings in the later time period. Wink Though, really, I'm sure you could use either one for both eras.

Hi SFD, I hoped it would impress you as I know you're not into themed hilts, this is just a regular TOR style hilt! Albeit based on a character!

I just remember a lot of folks saying the hilts from the games looked better with D-rings so I tried one out (I did add one on my Ezra Bridger but that was triangular).

Thanks for your comments and a point incoming.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2018, 02:25:13 AM »

I have to agree, excepting i'd say second best you've done so far (Silencer!) - the droids.Falcon/Death star were amazing but were definitely 'niche' looks - this is a real battle sabre that's gonna hack people to shred from on high! Khaarnage is absolutely correct!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2018, 02:40:26 AM »

I have to agree, excepting i'd say second best you've done so far (Silencer!) - the droids.Falcon/Death star were amazing but were definitely 'niche' looks - this is a real battle sabre that's gonna hack people to shred from on high! Khaarnage is absolutely correct!

Hi Lord_S_Gray,

This was a fun build for me as it was a total blank workspace I started with save for the passage in Lady Revan's story describing Alex Khaar and the younglings' reaction to his size. So I just went with that concept and thankfully it seems to have worked.

It shows me that I can do gimmicky "niche" hilts or full on serious designs that may have graced a Star Wars universe! And that is such great news for me.

And I have started the updates on the Silencer hilt and finished the edging, but while working on it I triggered a further new design.
So thanks again and I'll keep you posted on the Silencer updates.  Point incoming.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2018, 03:13:35 AM »

Just when I wonder how you would outdo yourself from the last saber design, you continue to amaze me, Tyeth.  This is an amazing saber and niwnthat I know where you got the inspiration from, I’ll have to add that into my reading

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2018, 03:22:29 AM »

Just when I wonder how you would outdo yourself from the last saber design, you continue to amaze me, Tyeth.  This is an amazing saber and niwnthat I know where you got the inspiration from, I’ll have to add that into my reading

Hi Infinit, well it is comforting to know I am still progressing in the right direction!

This one is probably the most "regular" hilt I have posted so far but it's one of my new favourites. (But I still have 2 or 3 more TOR styled hilts to come so it might change).
And whenever I give myself a few minutes break from Blender I like to digest a few pages from the fan fiction section, but you guys have kept me busy lately. However please do check it out yourself!

point incoming.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #220 on: November 28, 2018, 01:45:43 AM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S UP! *screams*

All right! now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'm so excited to see what you've come up with for Alex (and I love the punny name Wink )! The D ring placement on it looks especially nice!

Everything about this hilt just screams Alex to me, and I'm touched to know that my own work could have inspired you to come up with such a beautiful creation of your own! I can't wait to see the other ones that you have in store! Thank you so much for sharing this! Point incoming!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #221 on: November 28, 2018, 03:47:54 AM »

Yep. That's my new favorite by far. +1
And Congrats to Lady Revan for creating the character that inspired it. -!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #222 on: November 28, 2018, 01:27:32 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S UP! *screams*

All right! now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'm so excited to see what you've come up with for Alex (and I love the punny name Wink )! The D ring placement on it looks especially nice!

Everything about this hilt just screams Alex to me, and I'm touched to know that my own work could have inspired you to come up with such a beautiful creation of your own! I can't wait to see the other ones that you have in store! Thank you so much for sharing this! Point incoming!

Hello Lady Revan, I am really glad Khaarnage lives up to your vision!

I pictured the scene where Alex is teaching the younglings and the saber just seemed to create itself. But the really good thing is that because it is a "standard" hilt I might be able to convert it to a Sith colour scheme or a neutral "Gray" version! And the D-Ring has a swivel so it is articulated and the saber hangs nicely.  Cool

Thank you for the inspiration and I hope my other designs please. point inbound.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #223 on: November 28, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »

Yep. That's my new favorite by far. +1
And Congrats to Lady Revan for creating the character that inspired it. -!

Hello Silenoz, I'm really pleased you like Khaarnage also. I sometimes get carried away with my "themed" hilts I forget about regular designs, but this one has really inspired me to concentrate a bit more on in-universe (or forum-verse) inspired designs. Again I hope my future hilts are as good. Thanks for the support and recognizing LR's contribution!

point incoming. 

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #224 on: November 28, 2018, 07:34:49 AM »

For, that's amazing.  :-)

I'm not real big on the finger-grip part of the claw, I'd want to cut that down and slim the claw out a bit, more like what US uses on the Scorpion, for example, but ...  Yeah.   This is a down-right amazing battle saber, no doubt about it.   The emitter is amazing, and honestly there's something just ... right ... about the silver hilt with black recessed highlights. 

Nicely done!  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: