Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448482 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #225 on: November 28, 2018, 04:18:59 PM »

For, that's amazing.  :-)

I'm not real big on the finger-grip part of the claw, I'd want to cut that down and slim the claw out a bit, more like what US uses on the Scorpion, for example, but ...  Yeah.   This is a down-right amazing battle saber, no doubt about it.   The emitter is amazing, and honestly there's something just ... right ... about the silver hilt with black recessed highlights. 

Nicely done!  :-)

Hi Karmack, I have good news for you! The Khaarnage Claw ( Grin ) is removable, or would be if this was real. If you look real close on the choke point band there is a gap between the emitter body and the claw so if the claw was removed you would have a spinning hilt too.
The only reason I made the claw as bulky as it is, was because I wasn't sure how sharp I could go on safety grounds if this ever got made or printed!

I'm so happy you like this design and I have news that I may have made a few variants! But they are for coming posts  Grin

Thanks for the kind words and support. point incoming

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #226 on: November 29, 2018, 07:47:09 PM »

Hi Everybody,

Yesterday I posted telling Karmack that I had a few variants of my most recent design...well I have a question.

What happens if you design a weapon with two blades?
You get DOUBLE THE KHAARNAGE...

Hope you like and stay tuned for the other versions coming soon, and thanks again.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2018, 08:17:53 PM »

Hi Everybody,

Yesterday I posted telling Karmack that I had a few variants of my most recent design...well I have a question.

Hope you like and stay tuned for the other versions coming soon, and thanks again.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!! that is a pretty! when will you be making these in RL?

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2018, 01:18:03 PM »

You seriously need a drummer to follow you around with a snare and a cymbal (rim shot). Wink
I would offer to do it myself but I'm... beat. Plus I have to baby sit my twin nieces, Anna One, Anna Two...  
I should go to the doctor. I hit my head on a Conga. I think I might have a percussion.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2018, 08:23:24 PM »

I should go to the doctor. I hit my head on a Conga. I think I might have a percussion.

he. he. he.

dats funny right der

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2018, 08:26:42 PM »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!! that is a pretty! when will you be making these in RL?

Hi Golden Fed,

Sadly due to my financial circumstances and health I don't know if they will ever see the light of day as real life builds. But you never know. I might be able to knock out a couple of 3D printed miniatures - I'm looking into doing that )I need to tweak the 3D files so they are printer friendly) I'm just glad you all seem to like the designs so far.

Thanks and a point on it's way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #231 on: November 29, 2018, 08:35:53 PM »

You seriously need a drummer to follow you around with a snare and a cymbal (rim shot). Wink
I would offer to do it myself but I'm... beat. Plus I have to baby sit my twin nieces, Anna One, Anna Two...  

Hi Silenoz, yeah sorry I keep forgetting myself and think I'm still a cabaret performer! (I was for three years) I'll cut down on the jokes.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2018, 08:39:15 PM »

I might be able to knock out a couple of 3D printed miniatures

This is actually a pretty good idea, you should do this. Maybe make some lightsaber necklaces?

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #233 on: November 29, 2018, 08:51:27 PM »

This is actually a pretty good idea, you should do this. Maybe make some lightsaber necklaces?

Hi again,

I was thinking more along half scale size models (I'd have to go to 50% size as .45 scale models are already a thing and I don't want to copy anyone's idea's and get a bad reputation  Roll Eyes ).

There is a 3D print "factory hub" in the next city to me but I'm not sure they would accommodate orders for one-offs and prototypes. I will look into it further though and thanks.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #234 on: November 29, 2018, 03:04:22 PM »

I'll cut down on the jokes.

WHAT?! Don't do that! I love your sense of humor Teyeth. That's what you're here... For.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #235 on: November 29, 2018, 10:48:03 PM »

I like the staff, but those finger grooves would limit your grip options. On the single blade, it was less of an issue than it would be on a staff.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »

Not sure about practicality, but THAT LOOKS EPIC!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2018, 11:09:01 PM »

I like the staff, but those finger grooves would limit your grip options. On the single blade, it was less of an issue than it would be on a staff.

Hi SFD, I just got carried away and wondered how it would look doubled up, and now I have nailed the Mirror modifier it makes tweaks like this so much easier  Smiley

But as I mentioned to Karmack the Khaarnage Claw is removable so I might post the de-clawed versions too, they just lose something though. I also have a Naginata/yari style extension piece lined up for this too.

Thanks again for your input. point on it's way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2018, 11:14:09 PM »

Not sure about practicality, but THAT LOOKS EPIC!

I'm sorry Lady Revan, it always happens...I type out a reply and somebody comments again as I'm in the process of sending it! I have a non clawed version as I told SFD above but I feel it just loses some of it's intimidation factor.

However if you are interested I do have the Darkside versions if you want  me to send you a pic or two  to check out first. And thank you again.

point incoming.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2018, 11:14:14 PM »

*rimshot*

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: