Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448690 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2018, 09:22:25 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well it's been a day or two since I posted a hilt and Lady Revan has signed off on this next version so for the slightly more Darkside followers out there here is Dark Khaarnage...

This is an all black hilt and I edged it with silver (thnx Lord_S_Gray for the tip). I am working on a new claw without indentations and have a Sith Pureblood version of this hilt to show you too in a little while but for now here are a few Staff pics...

Hope you all like it, and I am working on a few other designs including the SWOTOR replica and a couple of staffs/staves. Thanks for looking in.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2018, 05:35:42 AM »

Tyeth, I thought I like the last saber that you posted but I love this one even more!!! The black LE version looks really good giving me Imperial Officer or Dark Trooper vibes, something that an Emperor's Hand or a Dark pupil of Vader would wield to hunt down Jedi.  I love the Guardian looking pommel and the choke point underneath the emitter itself looks good.  The emitter gives me vibes of Vader's saber and the knuckle grip with a sharp edge reminds me of a bayonet.  Now the staff..... What can I say? What's better than this saber?  TWO OF THEM!!!!  Especially in staff configuration, I would love to feel how this would spin and thing that it would be far better off as a staff since most spins on a staff are geared towards the middle of the staff than towards the emitter's end of a single saber.   

Love it and have a point my friend

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2018, 06:29:44 AM »

Tyeth man you have outdone yourself this time! That staff is gorgeous, and I really like the indentations on the claws. Seems like it would make a better choke point.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2018, 06:37:55 AM »

Tyeth, I thought I like the last saber that you posted but I love this one even more!!! The black LE version looks really good giving me Imperial Officer or Dark Trooper vibes, something that an Emperor's Hand or a Dark pupil of Vader would wield to hunt down Jedi.  I love the Guardian looking pommel and the choke point underneath the emitter itself looks good.  The emitter gives me vibes of Vader's saber and the knuckle grip with a sharp edge reminds me of a bayonet.  Now the staff..... What can I say? What's better than this saber?  TWO OF THEM!!!!  Especially in staff configuration, I would love to feel how this would spin and thing that it would be far better off as a staff since most spins on a staff are geared towards the middle of the staff than towards the emitter's end of a single saber.   

Love it and have a point my friend

Hi Infinit....thank you! I've been wracking my brain trying to think what the term was for those indentations! Knuckle grips!
I'm glad you like the staff form, that was my thoughts - the staff is mainly gripped mid shaft. There are times when using a quarter staff when you would extend your reach but as a Lightsaber staff is mainly blade then you can't do the extended technique grips.
And Shhhh! Don't mention Troopers their hilts are on their way  Lips sealed  Wink

thanks again, point incoming and HIjol!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2018, 06:46:47 AM »

Tyeth man you have outdone yourself this time! That staff is gorgeous, and I really like the indentations on the claws. Seems like it would make a better choke point.

Hi Golden Fedora, I'm glad you think so. I have really been trying to get away from doing just single blades and try different configurations. Thanks to Infinit01 I now have a better name for those indentations - Knuckle Grips - though I'm not sure they would work for spinning but more for performing power strikes. I might post a version without the claw because there is a legitimate choke point beneath it (the silver band).

Thanks for the kind words and I hope my next hilts meet your expectations too!
point incoming....Qapla'!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2018, 06:48:46 AM »

Hi Infinit....thank you! I've been wracking my brain trying to think what the term was for those indentations! Knuckle grips!
I'm glad you like the staff form, that was my thoughts - the staff is mainly gripped mid shaft. There are times when using a quarter staff when you would extend your reach but as a Lightsaber staff is mainly blade then you can't do the extended technique grips.
And Shhhh! Don't mention Troopers their hilts are on their way  Lips sealed  Wink

thanks again, point incoming and HIjol!

You're welcome, Tyeth and glad that I can be of help without knowing! Lol. I'm loving this design and you're designing with these sabers are getting better and better.  Not that they have been anything less. Have one back for the great designs

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #261 on: December 04, 2018, 02:06:12 PM »

I really like the black with hints of silver aesthetic. Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2018, 07:08:01 AM »

I really like the black with hints of silver aesthetic. Smiley

Hi SFD, I have to thank Lord_S_Gray for those accents, he reminded me of the trick when he suggested I try it on my Ty Silencer hilt. And if you just give me a half hour or so I'll have two non clawed versions (one standard and one dark) of the single hilts for the spinners out there.

Thanks once more for the support. Point inbound.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #263 on: December 04, 2018, 07:09:18 AM »

I like this one as well.  Again, the finger grips bother me more than anything.  I understand the aesthetic, but I'd love to see this hilt with a claw more like the Scorpion.

And on a "real" weapon, that claw would have a very sharp edge.  :-)

Another idea that has tickled my mind on occasion: an 'energy' bat'leth.  Basically a Klingon Sword with the cutting edge equipped with an energy blade like the weapons the praetorian guard used in the big throne-room battle on The Last Jedi.  

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #264 on: December 04, 2018, 07:11:30 AM »

Another idea that has tickled my mind on occasion: an 'energy' bat'leth.  Basically a Klingon Sword with the cutting edge equipped with an energy blade like the weapons the praetorian guard used in the big throne-room battle on The Last Jedi.  

yes, could you try making some solid blade weapons Tyeth? I'd like to see your take on something like the Pacific Rim Chainswords.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #265 on: December 04, 2018, 07:27:49 AM »

I like this one as well.  Again, the finger grips bother me more than anything.  I understand the aesthetic, but I'd love to see this hilt with a claw more like the Scorpion.
And on a "real" weapon, that claw would have a very sharp edge.  :-)

yes, could you try making some solid blade weapons Tyeth? I'd like to see your take on something like the Pacific Rim Chainswords.

Hi Karmack and Golden Fedora, I will take a look at solid edge blades but ATM I still have quite a few plasma blades to show (and I think someone's been snooping in my workshop again as one of the hilts is Trek based  Roll Eyes  )

Regarding claws, I am working on some different shaped ones and should have something to show for it soon. But here are the two pictures I promised SFD above.
Khaarnage NC:

Dark Khaarnage NC:

Hope you approve. Can I take a break now?  Grin

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #266 on: December 04, 2018, 02:34:52 PM »

Those look great without the claws, thanks for sharing. As for taking a break, you can take one whenever you want. We're here to admire your stuff, not be task masters. Wink

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #267 on: December 04, 2018, 07:40:42 AM »

Those look great without the claws, thanks for sharing. As for taking a break, you can take one whenever you want. We're here to admire your stuff, not be task masters. Wink

Hi SFD,  I'm glad you think they work. I will build a new claw as I still think the hilt loses a bit of intimidation factor without one.

And don't worry I don't think of you all as Task Masters, I am now pushing myself more, as I start one design then I'll make a "mistake" and it triggers an idea for something else. Currently I have 8 hilts or staffs still to come with one final Sith Khaarnage  version.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #268 on: December 04, 2018, 07:51:42 AM »

Oooo, I really like them without the knuckle grips, Tyeth.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #269 on: December 04, 2018, 07:58:01 AM »

Oooo, I really like them without the knuckle grips, Tyeth.

Hi Infinit, I guess they are a little more spin friendly without the knuckle grip. It's just me being protective of my initial version liking it with the claw but that's the great thing about sabers...some people can like one thing while others have a different opinion!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: