Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440667 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #300 on: December 06, 2018, 08:13:13 PM »

Thanks Infinit, It did need some form of accents. As I mentioned to Lady Revan single colour hilts need some contrast to make the details stand out but as members asked for a Dark Spook the majority of the hilt needed to be black. The grip insert is/was a slightly lighter shade of black but was still hard to make out.

The third picture was just a test really to see how much gold I could use and get away with.
And Dark Spook is just my name I gave this model so I didn't cause confusion with the real US hilt  Smiley

Thanks and point incoming and I'll PM you a new pic soon with black Tsuba.

You're welcome Tyeth and I like your experiments with how each part on the saber would look.  Thanks!  Can't wait to see it!!!!!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #301 on: December 06, 2018, 08:14:00 PM »

I personally like the gold shrouded one the most by far. All of them look great though.

Hi Darth Silenoz, again it's all a matter of personal taste! The main reason I was unsure of this gold hilt was that members asked for a Dark version of the Spectre to look at and I thought this strayed too far from that idea. Anyhoo, I am glad you still like them.

point on it's way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2018, 08:19:10 PM »

Hi Infinite, I don't know the real engineering behind the Spectre model but I built my hilt in sections as this picture shows. Blender is so flexible that I can now make hilts like this and swap parts really quickly from other versions or even other hilts I've built (in object mode you select Append Object from the file menu and you can pick an emitter shroud for example and load it into your current build.) This also means you can quickly swap colours too!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #303 on: December 06, 2018, 08:32:19 PM »

Hi Infinite, I don't know the real engineering behind the Spectre model but I built my hilt in sections as this picture shows. Blender is so flexible that I can now make hilts like this and swap parts really quickly from other versions or even other hilts I've built (in object mode you select Append Object from the file menu and you can pick an emitter shroud for example and load it into your current build.) This also means you can quickly swap colours too!

Whoa!!!! I need to learn more of it, sadly, I haven't had time

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2018, 02:06:04 PM »

I love the gold shroud Tyeth! the Dark Spook needs to be a thing

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2018, 09:12:31 PM »

Whoa!!!! I need to learn more of it, sadly, I haven't had time

Hi Infinit, you have to prioritise your time as you need to. I don't have family concerns and I am unable to work due to health issues so I get (way too much) time to tinker and do stuff with Blender. But even I have only just scratched the surface of what it can do.

I saw your thin neck (which you still haven't posted yet...hint,hint) and that looked well done so you have the skill, the rest will come with...well time.

Thanks once more.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2018, 09:16:08 PM »

I love the gold shroud Tyeth! the Dark Spook needs to be a thing

Hello Golden Fedora, thanks man but this is just a concept model I knocked up to help you guys and gals to visualise one, the people you need to petition are Ultrasabers.  Oh yeah and I did give my version a different name too, just to be safe!

thanks for your continued support and point incoming
(P.S. And when I get a free moment or two I will read your updates to Invictus!)

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #307 on: December 06, 2018, 09:17:28 PM »

More great innovations For!  Not to be too demanding...but gold shroud with red blade or purple blade would look opulent like the saber of a decadent hedonistic Sith....*cough*Xithar*Cough*

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2018, 09:27:22 PM »

More great innovations For!  Not to be too demanding...but gold shroud with red blade or purple blade would look opulent like the saber of a decadent hedonistic Sith....*cough*Xithar*Cough*

Hi Lord_S_Gray, glad you like my take on the Spectre. I guess you would like a Xithar themed version sending by PM? Give me a bit of time and I'll get to work on it.

point and pics on their way.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #309 on: December 06, 2018, 09:30:45 PM »

Hi Infinit, you have to prioritise your time as you need to. I don't have family concerns and I am unable to work due to health issues so I get (way too much) time to tinker and do stuff with Blender. But even I have only just scratched the surface of what it can do.

I saw your thin neck (which you still haven't posted yet...hint,hint) and that looked well done so you have the skill, the rest will come with...well time.

Thanks once more.

You're too kind, Tyeth and yes, I do have to finish it though. Haven't laid down the metal look of it just yet. 

And will do once I finish  Grin

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2018, 09:40:19 PM »

Hi Lord_S_Gray, glad you like my take on the Spectre. I guess you would like a Xithar themed version sending by PM? Give me a bit of time and I'll get to work on it.

point and pics on their way.

Apart from the blade colour its already there I reckon!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #311 on: December 06, 2018, 09:59:53 PM »

You're too kind, Tyeth and yes, I do have to finish it though. Haven't laid down the metal look of it just yet. 
And will do once I finish  Grin
Apart from the blade colour its already there I reckon!

Just uploading the pics to my hosting site, be with you shortly.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #312 on: December 06, 2018, 10:00:03 PM »

Thanks Infinit, It did need some form of accents. As I mentioned to Lady Revan single colour hilts need some contrast to make the details stand out but as members asked for a Dark Spook the majority of the hilt needed to be black. The grip insert is/was a slightly lighter shade of black but was still hard to make out.

The third picture was just a test really to see how much gold I could use and get away with.
And Dark Spook is just my name I gave this model so I didn't cause confusion with the real US hilt  Smiley

Thanks and point incoming and I'll PM you a new pic soon with black Tsuba.

I'd love to see what it would look like if you tried to do the Spectre engraving in gold also

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #313 on: December 06, 2018, 10:25:22 PM »

I'd love to see what it would look like if you tried to do the Spectre engraving in gold also

Hello Lady Revan, funny you should also mention engraving. I may have something in your inbox in a few minutes. Shhh! Secret upcoming design!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #314 on: December 07, 2018, 01:42:15 AM »

Ooh, I really like the Gold and Black versions.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: