Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448632 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #315 on: December 07, 2018, 02:08:30 AM »

Ooh, I really like the Gold and Black versions.

Hi Taegin, thanks. very much, I'm really beginning to enjoy this designing hobby. Blender is so cool to play around in I feel like a Freemaker and I still haven't posted my second recycled parts hilt yet which shows how busy this thread has kept me!

point incoming.

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #316 on: December 08, 2018, 04:30:54 AM »

And one final hilt that has the gold shroud around the grip...

For Tyeth: Unfortunately I can't make a gif of Christopher Walken saying wowie-wow-wow on this post using my phone otherwise I would put it here.  I also cannot swear or use sexual innuendo to accurately convey how awesome this gold shroud one looks.  If this concept ever comes to fruition and if it ever gets some gold etching I will buy 2 and forever be dual wielding in my wife's doghouse. 

I apologize for the hyperbole.   There was beer...

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #317 on: December 08, 2018, 04:54:23 AM »

For Tyeth: Unfortunately I can't make a gif of Christopher Walken saying wowie-wow-wow on this post using my phone otherwise I would put it here.  I also cannot swear or use sexual innuendo to accurately convey how awesome this gold shroud one looks.  If this concept ever comes to fruition and if it ever gets some gold etching I will buy 2 and forever be dual wielding in my wife's doghouse. 

I apologize for the hyperbole.   There was beer...

Hi HanSolo Voltron, ...thanks very much, so glad you like it but that puts me in a difficult situation now...er whether to post my next image I just finished...

Heart medication at the ready...

I have been tinkering again and found an old bit of printed circuit board lying around  and thought I'd use it Grin
It's not quite perfect as the engraving  isn't actually carved into the surface, it is a trick Blender has to superimpose a black and white image onto a surface and make it appear 3D engraved. But again I think it gives an impression of how it might look.

Thanks again HanSolo, I hope I haven't done any more damage to your future finances.
Point incoming.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #318 on: December 07, 2018, 09:52:51 PM »

Tyeth, your latest black and gold Spectre is now one of my favorites one of the bunch

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #319 on: December 08, 2018, 05:02:27 AM »

Tyeth, your latest black and gold Spectre is now one of my favorites one of the bunch

Hi Infinit, as always thanks so much. I realised I needed to up my game as Lord_S_Gray requested the etching.

point incoming for your unending support.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #320 on: December 08, 2018, 05:07:01 AM »

Very nice! Even if it's technically not a true engraving, I still love the effect! Point incoming!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #321 on: December 08, 2018, 05:13:22 AM »

Very nice! Even if it's technically not a true engraving, I still love the effect! Point incoming!

Hello Lady Revan, I know the circuit path should be gold on the black background but the way Blender adds the texture meant I had to have a light coloured surface to past the dark overlay onto. But considering it is an optical illusion I like how it worked!

point on it's way to you and thanks.

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #322 on: December 08, 2018, 07:36:05 PM »

Hi HanSolo Voltron, ...thanks very much, so glad you like it but that puts me in a difficult situation now...er whether to post my next image I just finished...

I have been tinkering again and found an old bit of printed circuit board lying around  and thought I'd use it Grin
It's not quite perfect as the engraving  isn't actually carved into the surface, it is a trick Blender has to superimpose a black and white image onto a surface and make it appear 3D engraved. But again I think it gives an impression of how it might look.

Thanks again HanSolo, I hope I haven't done any more damage to your future finances.
Point incoming.

It's settled then:  dual wielding your last 2 images (gold etching on the first one and the second one as) .  I nearly bought a plastic toy spectre in target today just to tide me over. 

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #323 on: December 08, 2018, 10:38:58 PM »

It's settled then:  dual wielding your last 2 images (gold etching on the first one and the second one as) .  I nearly bought a plastic toy spectre in target today just to tide me over. 

Hi HanSolo, Ok, major damage to your virtual bank account has been achieved, I think my job here is done!
Glad you liked the concepts and hopefully one day you will get the hilts you desire.
Thanks for the kind comments. Point on it's way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #324 on: December 10, 2018, 08:41:43 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Now I have finished the Spook/Spectre hilts I can return to a few "old" designs I had intended to post before I got side-tracked!

Quite a few posts back you may recall how I "recycled" a part of a droid to create a lightsaber? Well how about recycling a ship! Or at least part of one. This hilt is a tribute to one of the most famous and iconic starfighters in the galaxy...the Incom T-65 otherwise known as the X-Wing Fighter! It is also a tribute to the "Greatest Pilot in the Resistance" and by sheer coincidence it's the correct colours. Any how this is what I came up with and see if you can tell which part of the X-Wing I used!...

Any guesses yet? No? Ok I'll just point out here that I used the WireFrame mode again to add the crystal chamber and there is a Resistance Logo activation switch. Onto some more pictures then...

So any guesses now? Ok I'll show you. After watching Empire Strikes Back repeatedly for over thirty years I never saw this till I got Blender and started seeing objects differently. Remember when Luke crash lands on Dagobah and Artoo falls in the swamp? Well when the camera zooms in over the X-Wing cockpit and shows the control panel take a closer look and you'll see my saber right there in plain view. It is the cylindrical object on the dashboard! If you still don't know what I'm talking about then here is a behind the scene picture of the cockpit and look in the upper right hand corner!...

So in one fell swoop I was able to create a hilt that honours the T-65 X-Wing and with the switch and the colour scheme I honoured Poe Dameron too! Thanks for checking this design out and for your support and comments. I'll leave you with one final picture.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #325 on: December 10, 2018, 08:59:40 AM »

Interesting design! I like the incorporation of the Rebel symbol on the hilt (I presume for the switch)

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #326 on: December 10, 2018, 09:08:35 AM »

Interesting design! I like the incorporation of the Rebel symbol on the hilt (I presume for the switch)

Hello Lady Revan, I have to admit it didn't need much work as it is basically just that dashboard control. But the fact it was perfect and the colours are as you see I just had to convert it. And yes I imagined the logo as housing an activation switch - I have a few Tactile switches for a Qui-Gon build  and they are brilliant if you add a decorative tophat/plunger. A 3D printed Resistance logo fit the bill.

Thanks for the comment and please pass on my Congrats to your BF on his recent theatrical casting!

point INCOMing   < see what I did there  Grin

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #327 on: December 10, 2018, 12:26:01 PM »

Interesting design there, Tyeth. I can't but feel Poe's X-Wing as inspiration for this design before even reading what you did.  I truly like the windows in the main body of the saber, my apologies if it's not, and the button does give me vibes of the buttons within the cockpit of the T-65 starfighter.  I do recall this cylinder as being in TESB when Luke crash lands his X-Wing....

Truly a great design and good eye there, Tyeth. Point incoming!

Edit: After I posted this, I went back to read to see if I was right and sure enough, I am! Lol. I thought I was the only one who looked for odd things

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #328 on: December 10, 2018, 06:02:48 PM »

Hello Infinit,

Thanks and don't worry as you venture further into your 3D modelling career you will start looking at things differently more and more! I think it's a bit like "The Sixth Sense".....I see sabers...and blasters....and crystal chambers....everywhere Grin

Anyhoo, I am so glad you like the design and the windows, as I mentioned to Lady Revan the details on the prop were so perfectly placed I'm surprised the FX team didn't think of using it as a saber hilt themselves. And in regards to Poe, the pommel is also modelled slightly on the engine intake of the T-70.

Thanks again and a point is on it's way (btw I used the same picture as you posted for reference - good find!)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #329 on: December 10, 2018, 07:47:33 PM »

Point incoming.

This

Is

Cool!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: