Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 449580 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #345 on: December 15, 2018, 03:33:44 AM »

That is a very striking sabre indeed, the black and red accents are understated but highly effective break to the silver.  Opela has a brilliant hilt for sure.  Another thing i like is the indented pommel and symmetry to the emitter - it could easily turn a double blade look with a lengthened mid section. And great job smoothing out the gold metal features! You just raise the bar every time FT you really do, and point to Lady Revan as well for the inspiration!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #346 on: December 15, 2018, 03:34:39 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's time to reveal the "Silver Vision" that I have been discussing with Lady Revan and it is a hilt inspired by her Fan Fiction "Only Light Can Cast Shadow" and is for the character of Opela Moraf. Opela agrees to help a friend defend that person's home world from imminent destruction. Opela was described in the story as using a saber but I imagined that maybe she modified it in some way to demonstrate her fealty to her friend's cause. This was what I came up with...

And recently Lady Revan posted a picture of her Diamond Controller equipped saber with a very distinctive pink blade...well this is how that colour might look on Opela's hilt...

This hilt features a very distinctive handgrip which I created by manipulating the "Wire Frame" of the model rather than the flat faces of the hilt. As a result I ended up with this diamond-like knurled effect...just as Infinit01 had asked for in the "What do we want from Ultrasabers/Wishlist" thread. I finished building this model on 23rd Nov, I just didn't have a chance to post it earlier....but how about that for a demonstration of my "Force Premonition"?  Cool

Anyhoo, I hope you all like the design and thanks for looking in on it!

I told you this before, but.... this is my favorite so far! The red accents on the silver hilt are very striking. I have to agree with Infinit001 in the description of 'classy yet elegant.' The emitter shape is also quite unique. The grip pattern is vaguely similar to that on the new V5 Dominix, but with a narrower hexagonal face. The design just seems to fit Opela's personality so well to me.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #347 on: December 15, 2018, 03:44:52 AM »

That is a very striking sabre indeed, the black and red accents are understated but highly effective break to the silver.  Opela has a brilliant hilt for sure.  Another thing i like is the indented pommel and symmetry to the emitter - it could easily turn a double blade look with a lengthened mid section. And great job smoothing out the gold metal features! You just raise the bar every time FT you really do, and point to Lady Revan as well for the inspiration!

Thanks Lord_S_Gray, the colour scheme of red and black is also a nod to Opela's friend (in the form of the mask). Hmm, staff form...

The smoothed features on my last post came about when I realised that not all the modelling needs to be physical, the smoothing is an effect but you just need to be aware how to apply it and control it (using something called Loop Rings and Edge Loops to isolate sections).
Thanks for the great and positive feedback as always. Point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #348 on: December 15, 2018, 03:51:04 AM »

I told you this before, but.... this is my favorite so far! The red accents on the silver hilt are very striking. I have to agree with Infinit001 in the description of 'classy yet elegant.' The emitter shape is also quite unique. The grip pattern is vaguely similar to that on the new V5 Dominix, but with a narrower hexagonal face. The design just seems to fit Opela's personality so well to me.

Hello Lady Revan,

I am so glad to have produced a hilt that matches up to your creation. Again though I have to admit the handgrip pattern is a bit of an optical illusion! The hexagons are actually INDENTED! The edges of the hexagons are raised to form ribs but the shine and angles make it look as if the hexagon faces are uppermost.

I really enjoyed making this design and it is as a result of your story so thanks again.
Point incoming.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #349 on: December 15, 2018, 03:53:56 AM »

That is a beautiful saber. I absolutely love the pink blade with it too. I wish we could see a pink blade in a SW movie sometime.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #350 on: December 15, 2018, 03:57:45 AM »

Hello Infinit,

Thanks so much but I have an admission to make, I did build this before you commented about knurled grips so it was bit of a coincidence...however I'm glad you still approve of it! I tried to keep it simple and sleek but still keep it interesting.

Thanks again and congrats on your Spin Wars entry for this year! Point awarded.

Hey there Tyeth, just as Lady Revan has mentioned, it's very striking and no worries on this hilt being created already.  I'm glad that you can take an existing hilt and make it into what we request for.  That's awesome!

Thank you for checking out my Spin Wars video, it's just to Darth Cephalus to edit it into his Spin Wars 2018 now.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #351 on: December 15, 2018, 04:01:35 AM »

That is a beautiful saber. I absolutely love the pink blade with it too. I wish we could see a pink blade in a SW movie sometime.

Hello Taegin,

Your kind words are much appreciated. The pink blade came as a nod to Lady Revan's colour experiments with her Diamond saber and I thought it would be fun to first recreate the colour in the 3D modelling software, then second add it to the model! Opela uses an AS coloured blade in the story. You never know pink and white blades may make into a SW movie one day, they go together quite well!

point inbound.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #352 on: December 15, 2018, 04:04:02 AM »

Hey there Tyeth, just as Lady Revan has mentioned, it's very striking and no worries on this hilt being created already.  I'm glad that you can take an existing hilt and make it into what we request for.  That's awesome!

Thank you for checking out my Spin Wars video, it's just to Darth Cephalus to edit it into his Spin Wars 2018 now.

I am sure you will make the cut!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #353 on: December 15, 2018, 04:08:20 AM »

I am sure you will make the cut!

Thank you my friend.   Grin

Keep up your great work!  I shall PM you about some things we have talked about this weekend.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #354 on: December 15, 2018, 04:12:04 AM »

Hello Lady Revan,

I am so glad to have produced a hilt that matches up to your creation. Again though I have to admit the handgrip pattern is a bit of an optical illusion! The hexagons are actually INDENTED! The edges of the hexagons are raised to form ribs but the shine and angles make it look as if the hexagon faces are uppermost.

I really enjoyed making this design and it is as a result of your story so thanks again.
Point incoming.

Oh I gathered that was the case (It's the same in what I was comparing it to), I'm just poor with descriptors. Tongue

Point inbound!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #355 on: December 15, 2018, 04:24:36 AM »

Thank you my friend.   Grin

Keep up your great work!  I shall PM you about some things we have talked about this weekend.

Thanks Infinit, I will be a little less active over the weekend as I have a bit of celebrating to do but I will check my inbox later.

Oh I gathered that was the case (It's the same in what I was comparing it to), I'm just poor with descriptors. Tongue

Hi LR, I am still learning geometric terminology, it gets complex sometimes trying to describe something without using overly technical terms but still get the point over.

Ok I'll get back to work on some new designs!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #356 on: December 15, 2018, 04:25:50 AM »

No worries, at your leisure my friend and enjoy celebrating

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #357 on: December 18, 2018, 03:46:07 AM »

Happy Level Up Day, For!!!  Grin

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #358 on: December 18, 2018, 05:47:40 AM »

:O Happy Level up day!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #359 on: December 18, 2018, 11:15:14 AM »

Happy Level Up Day, For!!!  Grin
:O Happy Level up day!

Hi Lady Revan and Darth Silenoz...

Thank you very much! I had a quiet day really, a few drinks at home with my new copy of SOLO!

I'm now trying to decide if I should be called "For T Three"  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: