Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448638 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #390 on: December 26, 2018, 04:57:13 PM »

Hello MavRick and Infinit,

TYETH, point to you for sharing the Standard Issue LE (gold) saber w/vertical grooves.  Grin
I have long awaited Ultra Sabers to make this saber, Alas they have NOT as of yet.  Sad Sad
 Lucky for me or I would disobey the all mighty budget and buy one right away!  Grin

To MavRick, I know what you mean, I could be tempted by one of these hilts IF Ultrasabers built them too. I knew a few members were interested in more gold/accented hilts and built these a few weeks back but I only recently learnt how to make the models/graphics appear smooth. Thanks again and I hope you had a good few days over Christmas.

Happy Holidays, Tyeth.  I was just thinking about the all Gold one with the black accents the other day.  I like them all!

Hi Infinit, I figured that as I included one of the hilts on my "Christmas Card" I may as well post the updated pictures of the full set! I did of course have to add the "Not Official" watermarks as usual but you can still get a fair idea of how they would look. Thanks again for looking in.

points inbound for both of you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #391 on: December 26, 2018, 05:02:05 PM »

What amazing designs!

Hello ArcannKnight007,

Thank you very much but I have to give full credit to Ultrasabers as The Standard Battle Issue (and Dark version) sabers are Ultrasabers creations. I just mocked up some Blender models and images to give members an indication what a gold anodized version may look like. I'm glad you liked my work so thanks, and I hope you enjoy your time on the forum as I sense you are a relative newcomer!

point incoming.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #392 on: December 27, 2018, 02:38:22 AM »

Very clean designs nice little 'what is we switched the colours on that' experiment - Thanks for sharing FT as always! I think that black with hold highlights one...oooh that is very upper class Sith Style.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

ArcannKnight007
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

Kneel before the Dragon of Zakuul

« Reply #393 on: December 27, 2018, 02:52:43 AM »

You're welcome, For.  You designed those to look like the Standard Issue lightsabers from UltraSabers'?  They look exactly like it but in other colors, I really like the gold

If you have ever lost someone very important to you, then you already know how it feels, and if you haven’t, you cannot possibly imagine it.

“My hands are stained with the blood of millions”

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #394 on: December 27, 2018, 03:12:10 AM »

You're welcome, For.  You designed those to look like the Standard Issue lightsabers from UltraSabers'?  They look exactly like it but in other colors, I really like the gold

You're correct my good man.  Tyeth is really talented in that he creates his own saber designs and also take inspiration from existing designs as well as re-creating entire sabers themselves

ArcannKnight007
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #395 on: December 27, 2018, 03:15:52 AM »

You're correct my good man.  Tyeth is really talented in that he creates his own saber designs and also take inspiration from existing designs as well as re-creating entire sabers themselves

Thank you, Infinit01

If you have ever lost someone very important to you, then you already know how it feels, and if you haven’t, you cannot possibly imagine it.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #396 on: December 27, 2018, 03:22:54 AM »

Thank you, Infinit01

You're welcome but the credit goes to Sir Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #397 on: December 27, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »

Very clean designs nice little 'what is we switched the colours on that' experiment - Thanks for sharing FT as always! I think that black with hold highlights one...oooh that is very upper class Sith Style.

Thanks Lord_S_Gray, yes these came from the requests/suggestions on the US Wishlist topic. I would have posted them earlier but they weren't smoothed out and didn't look as nice so I waited till I worked out how to use smooth shading. And I have to say I am partial to the black with gold accents myself - we must have similar good taste!

Thanks again and a point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #398 on: December 27, 2018, 01:14:08 PM »

Hi ArcannKnight007,

Yes as Infinit01 stated I do take inspiration from designs I have seen and see what twists or spin I can put into new versions. These were the result of suggestions made by fellow members who made requests on the Ultrasabers Wishlist topic asking for more gold so I knocked these up as unofficial previews.

I have also made a few tribute sabers like Ezra Bridgers' green bladed hilt from Rebels Season 3 and even a hilt based on Voltron Legendary Defenders. I'm so glad you are enjoying my work. Thanks.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #399 on: January 06, 2019, 02:41:47 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's been a while since I posted here as I was getting the Holiday Season and New Year out of the way. And as this is the start of a new year I really need to clear out my workshop and a few more designs. This was one that came out the top of my head that I call "Kaleesh"...

Again, maybe not a practical hilt but I wanted to see what I could really make in a 3D sense. But there are still some neat details IMHO, for example I imagined the activation and possible Aux switches could be the eyes using tactile switches beneath.
Another little trick is that this hilt doesn't need a display stand as it has one built in! I built Grievous' "Ears" so that they rotate downward and form a pair of feet and the saber rests on these feet and the covertech knob to act as a stand. The "ears" are held in which ever position by using retention screws (which you can just see the holes for) I figured this would work as the hilt wouldn't be much larger than a traditional crossguard with the ears opened. (And has anybody else noticed Grievous' ears look like the fins on Jabba's Sail Barge and Sand Skiff?)

And I still have more hilts to come, I have a few staff designs and I do have that rather nice Tri-Crossguard coming soon (much better than a Hammer or an Ax -hint hint)

Thanks for looking in on this one.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #400 on: January 06, 2019, 02:51:53 PM »

Welcome back, Tyeth!  Great rendition of Grevious as a saber! I think you captured him quite well and I do agree, his ears are reminiscent of Jabba’s Sail Barge

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #401 on: January 06, 2019, 03:01:53 PM »

Hi Infinit,

Thanks, I'm glad it worked - as you can tell it was designed back before I learnt smooth shading and texturing!

I might have to borrow those ears and build a barge for a new project.

This hilt wasn't meant to be useable really but my upcoming ones should be. And I will say I will crossing into other franchises....

point incoming. (Cough! Cough!)

ArcannKnight007
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #402 on: January 06, 2019, 10:34:03 PM »

Good work For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #403 on: January 06, 2019, 11:27:13 PM »

Good work For Tyeth

Hi ArcannKnight007,

Thanks, I wanted to do a themed hilt for Grievous but the only part of him that I could see that would work as a hilt was his skull, so I had the blade come out the top of his head!

Oh, and as Grievous was previously a Kaleesh warrior then became a mechanised warrior I don't think he counts as a droid - Cyborg yes, droid no!

point incoming.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #404 on: January 07, 2019, 12:09:01 AM »

That's really cool, bro. It reminds me of some of those awesome looking fantasy sword hilts. I like how it looks like his mask too. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: