Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448457 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #405 on: January 07, 2019, 12:32:36 AM »

That's really cool, bro. It reminds me of some of those awesome looking fantasy sword hilts. I like how it looks like his mask too. Smiley

Thanks SFD, glad you liked the mask motif. You can tell this is an early design of mine because of all the "fireflies" and noise.
I am just clearing out my collection of themed hilts but I promise I have a few more "useable" designs coming soon including a few inspired by your other favourite sci-fi franchise  Roll Eyes Lips sealed  And nice new avatar...Clone Wars original movie cartoon?

point incoming .

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #406 on: January 07, 2019, 12:44:13 AM »

Heh, fireflies aren't so bad. At least you can usually get rid of them in Blender. There's a material setting in Lightwave 2018 that always generates fireflies.  Roll Eyes

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #407 on: January 07, 2019, 01:07:08 AM »

Heh, fireflies aren't so bad. At least you can usually get rid of them in Blender. There's a material setting in Lightwave 2018 that always generates fireflies.  Roll Eyes

Hello again SFD,

Yes I have since learnt to alter the Sample Rate for the renders and to use the Clamp setting to reduce noise now. If my computer was newer I could run version 2.79 and 8 which has DeNoiser built in. But I'm Ok with the version I'm running so far.

Thanks again!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #408 on: January 06, 2019, 06:22:05 PM »

Yeah, I hear you. I messed around with Blender for a while. Cycles takes some getting used to, but it's a fantastic render engine.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #409 on: January 07, 2019, 01:45:54 AM »

Hello SFD,

I watched a few YT tutorials before I started and quickly realised that Cycles was a better option than the internal Blender Render so I just used Cycles right off the bat.
It just continues to amaze me what it is capable of considering my machine only has a shared graphics chip and 1.4Ghz CPU!

I'm going to experiment with the Smoke and Particle System soon for added FX!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #410 on: January 06, 2019, 06:42:46 PM »

That's really cool, bro. It reminds me of some of those awesome looking fantasy sword hilts. I like how it looks like his mask too. Smiley
SCIFIDUDE! I've been meaning to tell you I like the new Avatar XD

ALSO! Glad to see you back in designs for the new year, For Tyeth

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #411 on: January 07, 2019, 02:10:55 AM »

ALSO! Glad to see you back in designs for the new year, For Tyeth

Hello Lady Revan, thanks for returning and having another look! I am slowly catching up to my newer designs but this was a fun hilt to experiment with. I thought maybe Grievous would provide more details to work with but as a mechanical skeleton the only logical part to model was his mask/skull.

I have those staff designs to post soon and the completed SWTOR hilt I previewed a few weeks back so stay tuned.

Thanks again, and point incoming.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #412 on: January 06, 2019, 07:07:56 PM »

500th point back! ^^

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #413 on: January 07, 2019, 02:19:03 AM »

500th point back! ^^

Oh wow, I never even saw that. Why thank you and I'll strive to earn more!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #414 on: January 06, 2019, 09:29:39 PM »

Oh wow, I never even saw that. Why thank you and I'll strive to earn more!

My pleasure! ^_^

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #415 on: January 10, 2019, 12:33:37 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Now some of you with long memories will recall I posted a picture of a saber design I knocked up quick based on a hilt from SWToR, the first saber you get to build in the game? It looked like this:

Well I haven't forgotten it and I am happy to present my final version here today. I have named it Padawn One as it's the first saber you would build in your training!

I added a few tweaks including retention screws placed on the control box and on the main body to hold the improved leather handgrip section together. The leather now has a more realistic texture look and appears to be wound on. The pommel also has those pretty little red accent LEDs now and talking of pommels what do you get if you connect the pommels of two sabers together? Yes there is a staff version too...

The staff still has the control boxes as I just used the original shape of the sabers rather than mess with it. The coupler is also vented for sound/heat dispersal  Cheesy

Well I hope you like this nod to the brilliance of BioWare and LucasArts and thanks for checking this design out.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #416 on: January 10, 2019, 12:38:17 AM »

I love this design Tyeth! the accent LED's on the pommels really make the saber pop and I love the way they were built with a coupler in mind, this saber looks amazing in any form.

Keep up the good work my friend! +1 for you!

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #417 on: January 10, 2019, 12:44:18 AM »

Hi Golden Fedora,

I hope you are well, I haven't chatted with you in a while! Thanks but a lot of the work was down to the producers of the game, BioWare. I just tweaked a few bits when members on the Ultrasabers Wishlist thread started chatting about this particular design.

It isn't the most ergonomic in staff form...but it would be fun if we could see how Samhain138 or Darth Cephalus got on with it if ever built!

Thanks again and a point coming your way.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #418 on: January 11, 2019, 08:19:59 PM »

Padawan one and Kaleesh...two very different sabres in terms of looks - again the sheer variety of what you can do is amazing and the creativity...turning droids, fighters, death stars now Greivous into a sabre so brilliantly...you never cease to amaze For Tyeth. In particular I liked the little glow on these...the red on Padawan's pommel and green on Kaleesh 'eyes' that add a little flair. One thing to consider for Kaleesh is a 'battle damage' version matching grevious wounds - don't have to just a thought to push it to that next level. Keep doing what you're doing FT.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #419 on: January 11, 2019, 08:40:23 PM »

Padawan one and Kaleesh...two very different sabres in terms of looks - again the sheer variety of what you can do is amazing and the creativity...turning droids, fighters, death stars now Greivous into a sabre so brilliantly...you never cease to amaze For Tyeth. In particular I liked the little glow on these...the red on Padawan's pommel and green on Kaleesh 'eyes' that add a little flair. One thing to consider for Kaleesh is a 'battle damage' version matching grevious wounds - don't have to just a thought to push it to that next level. Keep doing what you're doing FT.

Hello Lord_S_Gray and thank you once more. I am in the process of learning to layer textures onto materials (In Blender you can make a model without applying a "skin" of textures but just use computer generated materials such as Glass, Glossy, Diffused etc.) Or by layering a texture over a Glass or Glossy material you can create battle damage effects like "carbon scoring" or bullet holes. Think of the X-Wing toys from the 80's with the transparent stickers to add damage to your fighter or decals and you get the idea. I want to use this trick on Han and Lando's Falcon - I'm still working on them!

point for your excellent input.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: