Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440782 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #420 on: January 11, 2019, 10:30:26 PM »

That is a beautiful saber my friend and  gorgeous staff.  Wow, I love the yellow blade on the saber and the staff.  I like the texture on the leather wrap and the grooves under the emitter just adds character.  Are the red on the pommel LED? Or some type of illumination? 

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #421 on: January 11, 2019, 03:49:57 PM »

Hello Lord_S_Gray and thank you once more. I am in the process of learning to layer textures onto materials (In Blender you can make a model without applying a "skin" of textures but just use computer generated materials such as Glass, Glossy, Diffused etc.) Or by layering a texture over a Glass or Glossy material you can create battle damage effects like "carbon scoring" or bullet holes. Think of the X-Wing toys from the 80's with the transparent stickers to add damage to your fighter or decals and you get the idea. I want to use this trick on Han and Lando's Falcon - I'm still working on them!

point for your excellent input.

Cool, great that you're focused on continually improving on what you can do, I love seeing that kind of passion in people in whatever they are doing, be it writing, painting, design like this or even spinning like Infinit has been doing with his spinning series, just great to see people following their passions and getting such positive feedback for it.  Look forward to seeing how you progress, but even so what you have done is amazing.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2019, 11:10:16 PM »

That is a beautiful saber my friend and  gorgeous staff.  Wow, I love the yellow blade on the saber and the staff.  I like the texture on the leather wrap and the grooves under the emitter just adds character.  Are the red on the pommel LED? Or some type of illumination? 

Hi Infinit, thanks to you also. I was pretty pleased with that Amber blade colour, I felt it looked like an in game colour and considering not all colours work the same on all hilts just like real life it turned out well!
The leather is quite interesting in that it isn't a texture or image file pasted onto the model, but is actually just a basic brown Material and it is passed through a filter to add the wrinkles.
The red accent LEDs are illuminated but don't show as well because of how rich/bright the blade colour is!

point incoming to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2019, 11:19:19 PM »

Cool, great that you're focused on continually improving on what you can do, I love seeing that kind of passion in people in whatever they are doing, be it writing, painting, design like this or even spinning like Infinit has been doing with his spinning series, just great to see people following their passions and getting such positive feedback for it.  Look forward to seeing how you progress, but even so what you have done is amazing.

Hi Lord_S_Gray, that is most kind and I have to say I admire a lot of member's skills here. Infinit's video output for example has probably filled YouTube up by now but look at his results!

I felt I had some catching up to do with 3D modelling so I've  pushed hard. I did a little bit of Computer Aided Design work  back at college to design theatrical scenery and lighting - nothing like modelling a saber. I also dabbled a bit with MS Flight Simulator building 3D aircraft and scenery but again limited to what Microsoft's applications offered. Blender was the first fully usable modelling software I've used and it is amazing.

Thanks and I will continue to do my best.
point on it's way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2019, 05:06:15 PM »

Hello Everybody,

As I have stated here and elsewhere on the forum I am working on getting more staffs into my collection of designs and Lord_S_Gray suggested he'd like to see my Opela Moraf (Lady Revan FanFic inspired) hilt as a staff design...well as folks are talking about staff hilts on the Wishlist thread I will grant a wish here and display Opela Moraf Staff Form...

Just the one picture but it gives an idea of how it would work. And talking of work I am just finishing  polishing and photographing a GRAND design for a MASTER even SATELE would be interested in.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #425 on: January 12, 2019, 05:37:39 PM »

Hello Everybody,

As I have stated here and elsewhere on the forum I am working on getting more staffs into my collection of designs and Lord_S_Gray suggested he'd like to see my Opela Moraf (Lady Revan FanFic inspired) hilt as a staff design...well as folks are talking about staff hilts on the Wishlist thread I will grant a wish here and display Opela Moraf Staff Form...

Just the one picture but it gives an idea of how it would work. And talking of work I am just finishing  polishing and photographing a GRAND design for a MASTER even SATELE would be interested in.

Whoa, I love it!!!! Looking at it I can't help but to think about Thor's armour even though your inspiration is from LSG's fan fiction character. I like the texture, kind of chain mail like along with the grinded down portion of the V5 sabers as well.  Great job, Tyeth!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #426 on: January 12, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I LOVE IT!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #427 on: January 12, 2019, 10:06:40 PM »

Whoa, I love it!!!! Looking at it I can't help but to think about Thor's armour even though your inspiration is from LSG's fan fiction character. I like the texture, kind of chain mail like along with the grinded down portion of the V5 sabers as well.  Great job, Tyeth!

Hi Infinit, thanks man. Regarding Thor's armour I wish I had created this effect earlier so I could have added it to my Aquaman hilt. Oh and I think Thor will have a nice saber shortly....new upcoming saber sneak peek!.....

point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #428 on: January 12, 2019, 10:12:07 PM »

I LOVE IT!

Hi Lady Revan, I'm so glad you're pleased. Ok I had to sacrifice two of the emitters but the staff does now have a custom coupler and I repositioned the D-Ring to attach it so it can hang from one end with the switches on the outside . I did wonder whether to shorten both hilts and combine them into a single body but went with a coupler for versatility.

As always thanks for the comment and initial inspiration. point incoming.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #429 on: January 12, 2019, 03:40:53 PM »

Hi Lady Revan, I'm so glad you're pleased. Ok I had to sacrifice two of the emitters but the staff does now have a custom coupler and I repositioned the D-Ring to attach it so it can hang from one end with the switches on the outside . I did wonder whether to shorten both hilts and combine them into a single body but went with a coupler for versatility.

As always thanks for the comment and initial inspiration. point incoming.

It's okay. Technically speaking, in terms of story line that symbol is not used yet Tongue With Staves though, I think it's better to have at least a bit of length in the hilt for maneuvrability.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #430 on: January 12, 2019, 10:54:05 PM »

Great looking staff, For.

Interesting you guys are talking about Thor's armor, I've been watching Marvel movies lately. I watched Avengers: Age of Ultron last night.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #431 on: January 12, 2019, 10:57:23 PM »

It's okay. Technically speaking, in terms of story line that symbol is not used yet Tongue With Staves though, I think it's better to have at least a bit of length in the hilt for maneuvrability.

Hi again, I took some liberties and I thought maybe this hilt was one Opela may have built as the new Faction formed to replace her regular Jedi hilt and show her allegiance. The original saber I built isn't like any Jedi weapon I've seen to be honest - a bit too flashy  Cheesy

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #432 on: January 12, 2019, 11:04:33 PM »

Great looking staff, For.

Interesting you guys are talking about Thor's armor, I've been watching Marvel movies lately. I watched Avengers: Age of Ultron last night.

Hi SFD, glad you also like the design. I am quite pleased how the handgrip turned out, amazing what happens when you extrude and bevel the edges of a mesh!

I'm just watching the end of Ghost Rider before Resident Evil Retribution starts on a movie channel in my cable package!
Fun fact: I am exactly the same age as Mila Jovovich - same birthday, the same year,
though she looks better for her age  Cheesy

point incoming

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #433 on: January 12, 2019, 11:11:14 PM »

You guys are a few years older than me. (about 3 years and a couple months) I'll definitely agree that Milla looks great. Cheesy The first thing I ever saw her in was The Fifth Element, which is a fantastic film, before she was the superstar she is now.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #434 on: January 12, 2019, 11:15:13 PM »

I think I'm younger than quite a bit minus the likes of Fedora and Taegin.  Cheesy

Yes, I've liked Milla Jovovich ever since I first saw her on the Fifth Element too.  She's one of many reasons why that 's my favorite movie

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: