Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448739 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #465 on: January 26, 2019, 11:26:27 PM »

I like the Trooper saber a lot. I've also always liked that concept art of sabers in common use.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #466 on: January 26, 2019, 11:39:07 PM »

I like the Trooper saber a lot. I've also always liked that concept art of sabers in common use.

Hi SFD, The concept art is iconic but it does divide some folks especially when it comes to "blade base flare"! These Ralph inked images show sabers with the flare at the base but some purists don't like it. The thing is in an inanimate image you have to add something to help accentuate that something is happening or different with an object. Ralph chose to add the flare to show the blade was energised a bit like the wavy lines around Spiderman's head when his "Spidey-Sense" kicks in in comics.

Another great  MacQuarrie image is the one showing "Luke Starkiller" and Darth Vader in battle, where Luke seems to be wearing scuba gear and Darth is towering over him like a Space Samurai.

Thanks for the comment, point incoming.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #467 on: January 27, 2019, 10:35:07 AM »

Nice Job FT, good call on the ergonomics of it, being able to carry easily on belt, use for occasional riot policing etc. Again impressed by the range of different hilts and style you can make!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #468 on: January 27, 2019, 03:04:08 PM »

Nice Job FT, good call on the ergonomics of it, being able to carry easily on belt, use for occasional riot policing etc. Again impressed by the range of different hilts and style you can make!

Hello Lord_S_Gray, I try to be varied in my designs as in the past I did get in a rut doing Superhero or themed hilts. I designed hilts based on the Marvel/DC universe characters and sports teams...even a few WWE wrestlers (I sent one wrestler his design too) but they were a little gimmicky. I still base my hilts on a theme (I find it gives a saber a backstory and helps form a connection) but I can be more creative as I have the freedom to create my own parts and not rely on just painting the hilt in powdercoat colours.

Thanks once again for your comments and I'm working on adding "battle damage" to a few hilts like you suggested (found a new technique!) point incoming.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #469 on: January 28, 2019, 12:01:13 AM »

I agree with the weathering idea. I think that the white would look really nice with some battle damage and a good coating of scorch marks and the like.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #470 on: January 27, 2019, 06:01:34 PM »

Hello Lady Revan,

I am working on a newer version of this trooper hilt with a blood smeared handprint on it if that counts.

"The Trooper at the village!.....FN####!"

And maybe a nice shiny Silver and Red version too. Thanks again and stay tuned. -1.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #471 on: January 28, 2019, 03:42:59 PM »

Hey there, Tyeth. I'm digging that new Trooper saber you designed. Love the mess looking body on it and that red AV button pops out very well. 

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #472 on: January 28, 2019, 03:57:27 PM »

Hey there, Tyeth. I'm digging that new Trooper saber you designed. Love the mess looking body on it and that red AV button pops out very well. 

Hi Infinit, thanks, this was a design I had in my backlog of designs and have a few versions (a bit like the Droid series I did). I tried to get a really basic functional look that would fit a Stormie's armoured style but still have a few nice details.

Funnily enough though, Rapine made a comment on Lady Revan's topic about "Levi-Sabers"...he was expecting to see a hilt made of denim.....wellll.....

I knocked this up for him! All the best dressed and equipped Stormtroopers will be wielding one of these on their days off...especially the Levi 501 Legion  Grin

Thanks and a point on it's way.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #473 on: January 28, 2019, 04:02:29 PM »

I like that denim that you added to it and it's also ripped on one side. +1 for that!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #474 on: January 28, 2019, 04:02:34 PM »

Hi Infinit, thanks, this was a design I had in my backlog of designs and have a few versions (a bit like the Droid series I did). I tried to get a really basic functional look that would fit a Stormie's armoured style but still have a few nice details.

Funnily enough though, Rapine made a comment on Lady Revan's topic about "Levi-Sabers"...he was expecting to see a hilt made of denim.....wellll.....

I knocked this up for him! All the best dressed and equipped Stormtroopers will be wielding one of these on their days off...especially the Levi 501 Legion  Grin

Thanks and a point on it's way.
I mean... one could do a denim wrap on a hilt lol

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #475 on: January 28, 2019, 04:09:56 PM »

I mean... one could do a denim wrap on a hilt lol
I like that denim that you added to it and it's also ripped on one side. +1 for that!

Hi Lady Revan and Infinit, thanks again. I have been known for crazy ideas, wrapping a hilt in denim is probably one of the more sane ones to be honest. And for authenticity not only are the jeans ripped but they have the "Red Tab" as well.

This is the first hilt I have managed to wrap an image texture onto and map it so it fits properly. I will have to try a few more different pictures and see what I come up with.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #476 on: January 28, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »

Hi Lady Revan and Infinit, thanks again. I have been known for crazy ideas, wrapping a hilt in denim is probably one of the more sane ones to be honest. And for authenticity not only are the jeans ripped but they have the "Red Tab" as well.

This is the first hilt I have managed to wrap an image texture onto and map it so it fits properly. I will have to try a few more different pictures and see what I come up with.

Gratz on your design progress then Cheesy

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #477 on: January 29, 2019, 10:14:14 PM »

Gratz on your design progress then Cheesy

Hi Lady Revan, thanks very much. It is down to my experience now I think, I have got to the point where I understand most of the "jargon" so tutorial videos make more sense to me. As a result more and more little Blender tricks reveal themselves...they are a bit like the Sith - they only reveal themselves when they are good and ready  Cheesy

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #478 on: January 30, 2019, 05:42:24 AM »

Hi Lady Revan, thanks very much. It is down to my experience now I think, I have got to the point where I understand most of the "jargon" so tutorial videos make more sense to me. As a result more and more little Blender tricks reveal themselves...they are a bit like the Sith - they only reveal themselves when they are good and ready  Cheesy

Or like a wizard Wink

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #479 on: January 29, 2019, 10:44:58 PM »

Or like a wizard Wink

Hi there Lady Revan, funny you mention Wizards - have you been rummaging through my warehouse again and seen my "Abietes Conum" Harry Potter themed hilt?

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: