Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440568 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #510 on: February 09, 2019, 01:21:30 AM »

There's nothing wrong with a pretty shelf queen. I have a few of them. Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #511 on: February 09, 2019, 01:28:29 AM »

There's nothing wrong with a pretty shelf queen. I have a few of them. Smiley

Hi again, I guess if Sauron so wanted he could wave his hand and conjure up a duel-ready pommel. I had a lighted pommel on my Citadel Saber design a while back and the top of the tower just screamed pommel decoration so I added another.
And I'm really enjoying playing about with different materials and shaders in the Node Editor to create textures.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #512 on: February 09, 2019, 05:36:22 PM »

It looks great!  Grin  Point to you good Sir.
 Now you just need the one that Eragon would use to fight back with. After all the good guys need one to.  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #513 on: February 09, 2019, 05:50:22 PM »

It looks great!  Grin  Point to you good Sir.
 Now you just need the one that Eragon would use to fight back with. After all the good guys need one to.  Grin

Hi MavRick, you make a great point, Balance! I guess I should make a hilt for the "good guys" too. I'll look for some inspiration and get to work on it. I did see steel edge replicas of Anduril and Glamdring while I researched this one sooo....

Anyway thanks for the support and glad you liked Barad-Dur. +1

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #514 on: February 10, 2019, 01:01:27 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

It looks great! I would buy one in a heart beat. My two favorite worlds combined into one, how much better could it get!

I think Taegin is spot on!

Great hilt, the texture is brilliant looks like its been forged in the heart of mount doom, taking on the cracked rock exterior and blazing magma within, the gold rings look like Saurons attempt to harness that geological fury to his will even as he sits above it as the all seeing eye. You never disappoint For, and always push further much to everyone's delight. Have a point or two! 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #515 on: February 10, 2019, 02:28:42 AM »

I think Taegin is spot on!

Great hilt, the texture is brilliant looks like its been forged in the heart of mount doom, taking on the cracked rock exterior and blazing magma within, the gold rings look like Saurons attempt to harness that geological fury to his will even as he sits above it as the all seeing eye. You never disappoint For, and always push further much to everyone's delight. Have a point or two! 

Hello Lord_S_Gray,

This was a real fun but scary hilt to do. As I mention I know how much love the "Rings" fans have so I wanted to get it right and reading all the positive comments from yourself and others make me feel I was pretty close. I love your descriptions, they made me feel like I was in Middle Earth for a minute or two there! Thanks again.

p.s. The cracked rock textures were great fun to create and the best part is I don't need photographs to paste onto the model to achieve the look...the texture is totally computer generated.
+1

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #516 on: February 13, 2019, 07:59:37 PM »

Hi Everybody,

With all the talk of staff shortages around here (check out the US Wishlist topic), this is one I've been working on...(not finished yet just a sneak peek)

I'll quietly walk away whistling now....

Randy Magnum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #517 on: February 13, 2019, 01:32:08 PM »

These are all great designs! Have you ever considered doing something inspired by Gundam or Macross (Robotech)?

"Everything is a deadly weapon if you try hard and believe in yourself.... and hate a person enough." Crazy cat lady down the street.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #518 on: February 13, 2019, 08:38:05 PM »

Nice For!   I love the lit AVs with the light rings at the base.  I'd buy some of those!   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #519 on: February 13, 2019, 01:49:15 PM »

Hi Everybody,

With all the talk of staff shortages around here (check out the US Wishlist topic), this is one I've been working on...(not finished yet just a sneak peek)

I'll quietly walk away whistling now....

TWO PRONGED EMITTERS, DAMMIT! This is what I'm talking about XD Thank you, For! <3

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #520 on: February 13, 2019, 01:56:41 PM »

These are all great designs! Have you ever considered doing something inspired by Gundam or Macross (Robotech)?

Hello Randy Magnum, thanks for the compliment, glad you like the designs. I think Macross is that anime with the famous F-14 Tomcat (VF-1)  plane that transforms into a Mech right? If it is, I have had a quick look at the series...I just haven't gotten round to it yet. As soon as I finsh one hilt the kind members here suggest something else for me to tackle. I have done a couple of Voltron inspired hilts earlier in the thread.

Thanks again and a point on it's way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #521 on: February 13, 2019, 01:59:39 PM »

Nice For!   I love the lit AVs with the light rings at the base.  I'd buy some of those!   :-)

Hi Karmack, er, not sure these AVs are available. They are actually a mistake! I added the base ring as a guide to help place the switch at the correct height but I applied the glow to the ring by mistake...it looked neat so I left it! Bob Ross would be proud of me.

Thanks and have a point instead.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #522 on: February 13, 2019, 02:03:02 PM »

TWO PRONGED EMITTERS, DAMMIT! This is what I'm talking about XD Thank you, For! <3

Hi Lady Revan, I didn't post this to tease you but as a little bit of encouragement to Ultrasabers to come up with a decent Bastilla Staff for you. If I can make one in Blender then their talented designers should be able to make an aluminium battle ready one!

point on it's way for your pains.

Randy Magnum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #523 on: February 13, 2019, 09:15:11 PM »

Hello Randy Magnum, thanks for the compliment, glad you like the designs. I think Macross is that anime with the famous F-14 Tomcat (VF-1)  plane that transforms into a Mech right? If it is, I have had a quick look at the series...I just haven't gotten round to it yet. As soon as I finsh one hilt the kind members here suggest something else for me to tackle. I have done a couple of Voltron inspired hilts earlier in the thread.

Thanks again and a point on it's way to you.

That's the one! It was called Macross in Japan, then it was edited and subtitled into Robotech in America.
I saw the Voltron hilts. Very nice!
I can imagine you don't get much of break here. I guess that's the price you pay for being really good at what you do. Smiley

"Everything is a deadly weapon if you try hard and believe in yourself.... and hate a person enough." Crazy cat lady down the street.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #524 on: February 13, 2019, 02:18:28 PM »

That's the one! It was called Macross in Japan, then it was edited and subtitled into Robotech in America.
I saw the Voltron hilts. Very nice!
I can imagine you don't get much of break here. I guess that's the price you pay for being really good at what you do. Smiley

Thank you very much that's kind to say, and yes I am kept busy but I really enjoy it. The surprising thing is I have only been using Blender since June last year (so around 7 months). I will have to take another look at Macross as soon as I can, I still have about 12 more hilts I haven't posted yet.

Thanks again.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: