Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448521 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #540 on: February 18, 2019, 06:17:29 PM »

Fun design, For!   But I can't quite imagine anything quite as useless as the SuperMobile...  ;-)

Thanks Karmack! I wouldn't say the Supermobile was useless, as I think I read somewhere that it had all of Superman's abilities built into it. The reason for it's inception was that Supes was getting older and so too was the Sun that energised him so both were getting slightly weaker, this vehicle made up for those limitations.

In reality I think it was a behind the scenes decision. Superheroes with superpowers had been done for quite a while (remember Superman first appeared in "Action Comics #1" way back in 1938, after 5 years of development) making him 40 years old when this ship came out. Batman had gadgets such as the Bat Bike, Bat Boat and of course Bat Plane and Chopper, so it probably seemed a good idea to give Superman a gadget power up. Plus it meant more merchandise to sell!

Thanks again and a point on it's way.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #541 on: February 18, 2019, 07:20:07 PM »

I think the "more merch to sell" is the operating point.  :-)

Still, cool adaptation!   The wings make a sort of claw arrangement.  Nice.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #542 on: February 18, 2019, 09:55:29 PM »

I think the "more merch to sell" is the operating point.  :-)

Still, cool adaptation!   The wings make a sort of claw arrangement.  Nice.  :-)

Hi again Karmack, using the wings as a sort of Tsuba was fairly easy to decide on as the exhaust nozzle made a perfect emitter. And as a bonus here are a few more detail pictures:

I inch nozzle plus twin smaller accent nozzles.

Fuselage underside with aerodynamic fences (ribs) and covertech.

And a studio shot of the rear section

Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #543 on: February 18, 2019, 09:56:53 PM »

I also liked the use of the covertec wheel as the front landing gear.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #544 on: February 23, 2019, 08:09:25 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's the weekend so I guess it's that time again where I unveil another saber design. And this time we go back to the Prequels (some will groan I know) and Attack of the Clones. Not necessarily the greatest SW movie but it did have a great quote in it that inspired this next hilt. The hilt is...

Hopefully you will see that this design is loosely based on the outfit Padme wore during the Geonosis Droid Factory/Arena scenes. It features panels on the emitter to replicate the piping near the collar and shoulders of Amidala's top. There are the silver bands seen around the upper arms as detailing accents and the hilt has a "Midriff" or "waistline" choke point. I did originally build this with a flesh coloured choke point but the colour didn't really sit right on a saber so I swapped it to the silver to match the "armbands". I will let you try and pick out the two remaining details!

Oh and the name? Well it comes from Padme's reply to Anakin during the Arena scene where Ani asks something like, "Is this a diplomatic solution to the problem?" to which she says...

Now I have one big problem, where to go next?....
Asgard?....

Or Qo'noS?

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #545 on: February 23, 2019, 05:56:10 PM »

I for one like this saber, very on point I think and the perfect saber for her. Point to you good sir.
Ps: my wife also likes it and that is saying something since she is not a big Star wars fan.  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #546 on: February 23, 2019, 11:02:46 AM »

I for one like this saber, very on point I think and the perfect saber for her. Point to you good sir.
Ps: my wife also likes it and that is saying something since she is not a big Star wars fan.  Grin

Thank you very much Mr and Mrs MavRick! It is a variation of my Trooper hilt but with the added choke section and smoothed textures (which I learnt to do more recently).

And thank you Mrs MavRick, it means a lot that I can impress someone who isn't a fully committed SW fan.

points on their way to you both.(one now and one at top of the hour!)

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #547 on: February 23, 2019, 09:03:55 PM »

Very stylish perfect for a visit to the senate lol! I like the indented middle section very feminine - only thing I would suggest is the emitter section looks a bit 'blocky' another similar indented choke point section keep that more curved feminine outline more consistent? But that's just my opinion and I know you enjoy honest feedback.

And those teasers look very interesting...is that a sabre half buried as a tombstone/grave marker!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #548 on: February 23, 2019, 02:26:40 PM »

Very stylish perfect for a visit to the senate lol! I like the indented middle section very feminine - only thing I would suggest is the emitter section looks a bit 'blocky' another similar indented choke point section keep that more curved feminine outline more consistent? But that's just my opinion and I know you enjoy honest feedback.

And those teasers look very interesting...is that a sabre half buried as a tombstone/grave marker!

Hello Lord_S_Gray, thank you and I always appreciate the positive feedback. As I mentioned this design was adapted from the Trooper hilt and shares the emitter because the panels looked similar to the piping detail on the costume. I thought the lengthening and inclusion of the choke would offset the size of the emitter.

Tombstone you say? Oh I'm not dead...well not yet! No that is a lump of rock I found in my back yard and the saber was wedged in it waiting for the "Righteous One" to come and extract it!

I hope to be designing sabers for a long while to come. Point on it's way.
p.s. I actually made that lump of rock in Blender too!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #549 on: February 23, 2019, 11:58:51 PM »

p.s. I actually made that lump of rock in Blender too!

ahh i see now, it looked more like recently churned dirt lol what a morbid mind i have!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #550 on: February 23, 2019, 05:17:13 PM »

I like the Aggressive Negotiator a lot. Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #551 on: February 24, 2019, 12:54:02 AM »

ahh i see now, it looked more like recently churned dirt lol what a morbid mind i have!

Don't worry it was an easy mistake to make. I'll admit it was originally an asteroid (which you will see in another upcoming design) but I recycled it as the rock that Thor's hammer landed in! I still have work to do on rendering outdoor images with real environments.

point for the laugh anyway!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #552 on: February 24, 2019, 12:59:11 AM »

I like the Aggressive Negotiator a lot. Smiley

Hi SFD, thanks man. I keep designing new hilts but then I will see something that prompts me to tweak an old one. It seems the Trooper hilt was quite versatile.

And I have been impressed by the "Connie" I have seen recently.
point on it's way.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #553 on: February 24, 2019, 06:42:13 AM »

Looks like a great spinning saber with the choke point.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #554 on: February 24, 2019, 02:14:22 PM »

Looks like a great spinning saber with the choke point.

Hello Lady Revan, I guess the choke might help with spinning this design but it might be an emitter heavy hilt if you did (of course you could use a mid-grade blade or add a counterweight in the pommel to balance it out  Cheesy ). I really only added the choke to add a feminine shape to the handle and as mentioned it was originally covered in a flesh coloured material. However it looked OK compared to a picture of Padme in costume but it didn't look right on it's own so I made the choke silver.

Thanks again and a point on it's way.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: