Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453508 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #555 on: February 24, 2019, 07:12:58 PM »

Beautiful sabers there, Tyeth. It’s elegant and it suits Queen Amidala rather well

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #556 on: February 24, 2019, 10:01:56 PM »

Beautiful sabers there, Tyeth. It’s elegant and it suits Queen Amidala rather well

Hi Infinit, thanks very much. This design was a tweak of my Trooper hilt so not too much work to model, it was more of adding the right details.

point on it's way to you.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #557 on: March 01, 2019, 05:54:34 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Well nobody offered any advice for my next destination in my design journey so I decided to cross the final frontier and visit another franchise. I went to seek out new life forms, new civilizations....new saber designs....to boldly go where no saber designer had gone before! I am referring to the worlds of Star Trek and the culture of the Klingons. And this saber is inspired by one particular half Klingon. She was born in 2346, suffered bullying at school because of her appearance, was brought up by her mother as her father left home unable to cope with two Klingon females...and then she joined the Starfleet Academy. You will have guessed the character is B'Elanna Torres and this is my new design for her....B'Elanna's Blade...

This is a "redesign" of an old idea I came up with two years ago but this hilt is now totally my own work using bespoke parts built entirely in Blender. To begin, it is coloured in the colours of the Klingon Empire and features a prominent 3 bladed claw emitter. The claws loosely resemble the Klingon Empire emblem as seen over the Gates of Gre'thor. They were modelled and smoothed using the "Subsurface Modifier" to get the nice sweeping curves and sharp pointy bits! The activation switch is just a no-nonsense waterproof switch but below that are a set of chevron shaped accents. These black V's outlined in silver represent the famous "cranial ridges" of a Klingon's appearance. The handgrip also has a Covertech clip and to finish the design off it is decorated with a pommel featuring a Klingon Empire emblem speaker grille.
I know the Klingons are a fearsome race so I hope I have honoured them well and they like it. And thank you all for looking in on this topic and supporting me (this thread has now surpassed 9000 views!)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #558 on: March 02, 2019, 01:36:15 AM »

Get out of my head! I started watching Voyager again the other day on the way to work (no worries, I ride a bus.) Also, I was literally just looking at a Bat'leth on Ebay. Wink

That's a really cool saber design. It definitely has a Klingon look to it, especially with the side blades.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #559 on: March 01, 2019, 06:38:21 PM »

Get out of my head! I started watching Voyager again the other day on the way to work (no worries, I ride a bus.) Also, I was literally just looking at a Bat'leth on Ebay. Wink

That's a really cool saber design. It definitely has a Klingon look to it, especially with the side blades.

Hi SFD, to be fair I have been teasing these hilts for a few weeks so maybe I influenced you to revisit Voyager! I'm glad they have a Klingon vibe to them as I based the hilts on the images and icons seen in the episode "Barge of the Dead" and a few other Trek episodes set on Q'onoS (can't recall the titles but the episode was about a court case).

And I have a few other colour variants of this hilt which I may post soon. Anyway thanks again for checking this one out.
+1

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #560 on: March 02, 2019, 02:20:59 AM »

Hi SFD, to be fair I have been teasing these hilts for a few weeks so maybe I influenced you to revisit Voyager!

Not quite. Wink I was on a CGI forum talking amongst some friends about the flaming bag of poop that is Star Trek: Discovery, and all of the upcoming Star Trek projects, etc. (side note: why isn't amongst in the Firefox US dictionary? Roll Eyes ) Anyway, I mentioned how all of the other Star Trek shows are available on sites like Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. (Netflix, internationally) That's what made me decide to rewatch Voyager. Smiley It's one of the two Star Trek series I don't have on DVD or Blu-Ray, the other being DS9.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #561 on: March 01, 2019, 07:30:32 PM »

Hi again,

And there was me trying to impress folks with my Vulcan Force Mind Meld tricks! Oh well. Embarrassed
I get lost with all these new digital platforms for watching shows. My cable package is also basic as I can't afford all the sports and movie channels (including the add on channels such as Netflix or the Disney content). As a result I have to wait till DVD/BluRay boxsets come out and buy those when I can. I have great difficulty in avoiding spoilers.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #562 on: March 03, 2019, 07:02:32 PM »

Hello Everybody,

As I mentioned in my last design gallery post, I had created a few versions of my Klingon saber for B'Elanna. Well one of the colour variants reminded me of one of our esteemed forum members so I sent them a copy of this picture. They seemed to like it so I'll post it here and see if you can guess who the mystery forum member might be!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #563 on: March 04, 2019, 05:35:11 AM »

I like it. Edon Bluewolf springs to mind with that color.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #564 on: March 04, 2019, 05:44:22 AM »

I like it. Edon Bluewolf springs to mind with that color.

We have a winner!

Hi SFD, yes it was Edon who sprang to mind when I coloured this one. I was just messing with various settings with the colour wheel and shaders when this colour popped up and I took a render straight away. I think it would sit nicely in his collection. Thanks once more.

+1

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #565 on: March 04, 2019, 06:05:42 AM »

Beautiful Klingon sabers you have there, Tyeth.  When I saw the blue variant, I instantly thought of Edon.  I'm enjoying the design you created for B'Elanna Torres, she's one of my favorite Trekkie characters. Kudos

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #566 on: March 04, 2019, 06:15:24 AM »

Beautiful Klingon sabers you have there, Tyeth.  When I saw the blue variant, I instantly thought of Edon.  I'm enjoying the design you created for B'Elanna Torres, she's one of my favorite Trekkie characters. Kudos

Hi Infinit, thanks, I thought B'Elanna was a fantastic character too and the fact they gave her a story arc through the whole show was great. A little secret here....I did build another version of this using "Other" software and photoshopped a powdercoat onto the renders but it wasn't totally my creation. I felt I needed to recreate a hilt for her using Blender so it was totally bespoke and all my own creation.

I have two final colour variants, one for a field warrior and one based on a Klingon ship....Then we're off to Asgard!

point at top of the hour (I just gave you a point for your memes!)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #567 on: March 04, 2019, 06:56:56 AM »

Hi Infinit, thanks, I thought B'Elanna was a fantastic character too and the fact they gave her a story arc through the whole show was great. A little secret here....I did build another version of this using "Other" software and photoshopped a powdercoat onto the renders but it wasn't totally my creation. I felt I needed to recreate a hilt for her using Blender so it was totally bespoke and all my own creation.

I have two final colour variants, one for a field warrior and one based on a Klingon ship....Then we're off to Asgard!

point at top of the hour (I just gave you a point for your memes!)

Oooo, I'm so intrigued my friend Smiley  Your designs are always on point in my opinion so I look forward to your other two renders and then your perspective on an Asgard (or two) design. Expect a point back

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #568 on: March 04, 2019, 09:34:05 PM »

I know the Klingons are a fearsome race so I hope I have honoured them well and they like it.

I think so, the red version also has a very Sith like look...makes me imagine a Klingon Sith...now that would be pretty fearsome! Great job as always FT.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #569 on: March 04, 2019, 10:21:49 PM »

I think so, the red version also has a very Sith like look...makes me imagine a Klingon Sith...now that would be pretty fearsome! Great job as always FT.

Hello Lord_S_Gray, glad you think I did well. I've mentioned before that creating designs when the inspiration is so strong (such as a Klingon) does make things easier. However it also puts a bit of pressure on you to get it "right" or you can upset a lot of fans very quickly! I think the Gre'thor version of this hilt might be a bit more Sith-like.

And on a side note I have just completed a new hilt for the 709th.  Cool
Thanks again and point to you as always.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: