Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 447627 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #600 on: March 17, 2019, 11:07:50 PM »

Another really quite different hilt, and again for a character you would not expect, can definitely see the greater use of techniques here as you mentioned, and i agree with LR a great crystal chamber and very different aesthetic again showing of your range of creativity. Another solid sabre FT. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #601 on: March 17, 2019, 11:26:47 PM »

That's an interesting design, For. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's growing on me.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #602 on: March 18, 2019, 12:12:04 AM »

Another really quite different hilt, and again for a character you would not expect, can definitely see the greater use of techniques here as you mentioned, and i agree with LR a great crystal chamber and very different aesthetic again showing of your range of creativity. Another solid sabre FT.  

Thanks Lord_S_Gray, I do look at characters on the edges for inspiration - I even created a design for Bistan but it's one I can't display here, a character you wouldn't expect to have a saber (I also have designs for Baze and Chirrut).
Once more thanks for the kind comments, I'm glad I keep surprising you al.
point coming your way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #603 on: March 18, 2019, 12:17:51 AM »

That's an interesting design, For. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's growing on me.

Hello SFD, I mentioned the angles and shape in my post but given some work I could probably knock of a few corners here or there. I thought it had a passing similarity to the Electroripper. Something you may find interesting, I used a Bezier Curve to create the emitter profile, then extruded/spin tool that around 360 degrees to form a solid part. I added the detail on the emitter faceplate ring and blade socket using extrude.

Thank you again for commenting and I hope you'll like a few more of my upcoming hilts too.
point inbound.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #604 on: March 18, 2019, 04:48:46 AM »

I like that one For. Very slick and clean lines, but the simplicity does not draw away from the appeal at all.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #605 on: March 18, 2019, 05:20:52 AM »

I like that one For. Very slick and clean lines, but the simplicity does not draw away from the appeal at all.

Hello Taegin, I wasn't sure how crazy to try and get with this design actually. Enfys has all the crazy details like the Beskar fan shields on her arms, the beaded replica of Vader's chestplate and then that helmet, it was difficult to choose. However when I looked closely at the emitter end of the Electroripper I realised I had made a hilt for another member of the forum which I could modify. I then settled on adding a crystal chamber and the pommel nub logo.
Glad you liked the simplistic look of "Swoop" anyway and I hope to continue to impress.

point on it's way.

Randy Magnum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #606 on: March 18, 2019, 05:49:42 AM »

I'm in love with the windows for the crystal chamber in this design, For! I'm usually not much of one for crystal chambers at all, but think this is very tastefully done and enhances the overall aesthetic of the hilt Cheesy Great Design!

i agree. Very nice, For!  

"Everything is a deadly weapon if you try hard and believe in yourself.... and hate a person enough." Crazy cat lady down the street.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #607 on: March 18, 2019, 06:21:47 AM »

i agree. Very nice, For!  

Hi Randy Magnum, thanks man, I had fun creating the "radiator shroud" and you should see it when it is displayed in wireframe mode (there are struts all over the place). However when the graphics are applied the saber gains a sort of simplicity which hides the crystals. Actually I should call it a Coaxium Chamber!

Thanks again and a point on it's way to you.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #608 on: March 19, 2019, 09:51:18 PM »

Just saw the new " swoop saber" , looking good!! The shroud looks cool on there and I like the emblem in the pommel.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #609 on: March 19, 2019, 10:40:58 PM »

Hello MavRick,

I am quite proud of that shroud actually, as I mention it is sort of a honeycomb construction but just lets enough of the crystal chambers to shine through it.

You know I have been busy with the latest hilt I told you about...well I have made big progress in rebuilding my Thor hilts too and may have improved on the original! (And I have triple backed up the files this time  Smiley )

Thanks again for looking in, point on it's way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #610 on: March 24, 2019, 01:39:03 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Apologies this offering is a bit late but I have had one heck of a week. A family "emergency" meant I had to go and visit an elderly relative and just as luck would have it I had a bad reaction to my medication for a skin complaint. I broke out in sore patches and nausea, then to top it off I am allergic to her cats! But I have got back home and recovered somewhat now and have another new design.

However I will caution that this is definitely not a Star Wars related design but another in my series of challenges I get to build sabers based on toys and merchandise from TV and Movies. And today I present the "Striped Tomato" or "Grand Tomato" or as it should be called the Starsky and Hutch Ford Gran Torino!..

I won't dwell too much on this design but I'll just mention I modelled the chromed radiator grille (complete with the red Torino badge), working headlights, body panel lines and moulded fins, emergency light activation switch and of course the white vector stripes.

I will be returning to Star Wars themed hilts in future with a version of Darth Vader's hilt and one for his apprentice. There is a 706th Squadron Stormtrooper hilt. A Kyber weapon for a native of Kashyyyk and a Star Destroyer! Oh and I hear there is a big Avengers film coming soon? Well I have two EXO Sabers to go with the movie.

Finally, if that isn't enough....the Asguard Crossguard may have made a triumphant rise from the ashes!
Thanks for looking in on this design and we will go back to Star Wars next time!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #611 on: March 24, 2019, 03:08:16 AM »

Dang, For. I hope you're feeling better after that experience.

That's an interesting saber. It's definitely an iconic design that practically needs no introduction. I really like the emitter, with the grill and bumper.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #612 on: March 24, 2019, 03:22:40 AM »

Dang, For. I hope you're feeling better after that experience.

That's an interesting saber. It's definitely an iconic design that practically needs no introduction. I really like the emitter, with the grill and bumper.

Hi SFD, thanks for your good wishes. I have been on the medication for about 15 years but some days you get a batch that is slightly stronger than you expect (and it's pretty potent as the pharmacists have to wear gloves to handle it). Luckily a few days rest and the swelling etc goes down.

Glad you liked the work that went into the grille and bumpers, I have been working real hard to include realist details into my designs (sorta like your reverse thruster details).
Thanks again and a point for your kindness.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #613 on: March 25, 2019, 01:45:23 PM »

OK, I like this one!   :-)   My dad had a Grand Torino when I was a kid.  It was light blue and didn't have the stripe, but it was a fun car and I remember it was quite fast.  Had a 351w engine, which my dad had souped up...   

Good memories.

:-)

I love the grill and the headlights.  The iconic thing I remember from that car as well as my own beloved '77 Cougar XR7 was the paired, square headlights on that long nose.  Slap some halogen bulbs in there and you could challenge even these LED monsters of today for blinding white goodness.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #614 on: March 25, 2019, 02:03:57 PM »

Yes, that red and white Grand Torino is an iconic vehicle  Smiley

For, your designs are incredible!  I can't wait to see your future projects!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: