Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440528 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #750 on: June 08, 2019, 10:52:43 AM »

Wow Tyeth, I actually really like the Annihilator Saber. Interesting design for sure, but it seems like it would be good for just swinging and smashing and bashing. Less finesse more power.

Hi Taegin, thanks man. Yes I didn't originally intend this to be a saber as I was going to branch out and make some models of other in universe objects. But after making my Starsky and Hutch hilt it struck me that the Star Destroyer might make an unusual Tsuba. The hangar bay made a nice crystal chamber, the bridge/forecastle structure formed an activation box (red button on rear) .Finally after watching SOLO and seeing the Shield Generators being installed at the shipyards during the opening landspeeder chase I realised that the emitter globe would make a neat pommel.

And at the end of the day if the design hadn't worked as a hilt I would have finished the model as a proper 3D replica.
Thanks again and a point on it's way.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #751 on: June 15, 2019, 11:50:13 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Today is a sad day as it is the end of an era....
I am posting my last Stormtrooper inspired hilt! But at least it is the most colourful version.

This one is based on the 709th Red Fury troopers. I used the image on the Yoube video posted by "Star Wars Explained" that showed the "Zebra" style camouflage as inspiration and incorporated the stripes as the handgrip ribs.

So ...what am I going to be posting in future? Well I have started doing basic short animations like this...(I realise it's a bit glitchy but animating on a 12 year old laptop is hard work   Roll Eyes )
https://youtu.be/gSo-eNaipNE

And as I have seen a few requests and suggestions to Ultrasabers for KOTOR and SWTOR styled hilts and shrouded emitters...I have these coming soon...

Thanks Ralph McQuarrie for the fantastic concept art that inspired my "Trooper" hilts and thanks to you guys and gals for the support and kind comments on them.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #752 on: June 16, 2019, 02:45:51 AM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I can't wait for the coming soon Cheesy

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #753 on: June 17, 2019, 01:57:25 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I can't wait for the coming soon Cheesy

Hi Lady Revan, thank you very much, and I also have a UQD hilt, a Starkiller saber, a revamped TY Silencer (as you may have spotted in the little animation above ^).

And as a special I have finally started to build a Flex and a LS ROTJ hilt. So plenty to look forward to.

point incoming

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #754 on: June 18, 2019, 06:04:53 AM »

So ...what am I going to be posting in future? Well I have started doing basic short animations like this...(I realise it's a bit glitchy but animating on a 12 year old laptop is hard work   Roll Eyes )

And as I have seen a few requests and suggestions to Ultrasabers for KOTOR and SWTOR styled hilts and shrouded emitters...I have these coming soon...

Thanks Ralph McQuarrie for the fantastic concept art that inspired my "Trooper" hilts and thanks to you guys and gals for the support and kind comments on them.

Shiny, cant wait to see the finished version!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #755 on: June 18, 2019, 10:14:11 AM »

Shiny, cant wait to see the finished version!

Hi PsychoSith, yes they are a little shiny, I may tone that down a little before I post them. These were just initial test renders to see how the models shaped up and looked. Because there are only in game screenshots or fan art images for reference it's hard to get the look right.

point on the way.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #756 on: June 18, 2019, 10:48:56 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Today is a sad day as it is the end of an era....
I am posting my last Stormtrooper inspired hilt! But at least it is the most colourful version.

This one is based on the 709th Red Fury troopers. I used the image on the Yoube video posted by "Star Wars Explained" that showed the "Zebra" style camouflage as inspiration and incorporated the stripes as the handgrip ribs.

I really like this shape, FT!  The color scheme is perfect for the 709th^^

...BUT these are the sabers that I have to admit as being my favorites, thus far  Wink

OUT-standing! 

Point for you sir  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #757 on: June 18, 2019, 07:05:48 PM »

I really like this shape, FT!  The color scheme is perfect for the 709th^^
...BUT these are the sabers that I have to admit as being my favorites, thus far  Wink

OUT-standing! 

Point for you sir  Grin

Hello TheDutchman, thanks very much. Talking of shapes you would never know the spiral ribs on "Furious" are actually made up a series of diamond shaped pieces!

The KOTOR and SWTOR hilts are coming but as I mentioned to Lady Revan I have quite a few hilts still in line to come. I think I will be posting the Starkiller inspired replica next and I have some bespoke original designs too.

Thanks again and a point in return.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #758 on: June 18, 2019, 09:12:58 PM »

Hello TheDutchman, thanks very much. Talking of shapes you would never know the spiral ribs on "Furious" are actually made up a series of diamond shaped pieces!

The KOTOR and SWTOR hilts are coming but as I mentioned to Lady Revan I have quite a few hilts still in line to come. I think I will be posting the Starkiller inspired replica next and I have some bespoke original designs too.

Thanks again and a point in return.

And don't forget about the lost Viridian Wink

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #759 on: June 18, 2019, 09:37:26 PM »

And don't forget about the lost Viridian Wink

You must have read my mind LR, I was just doing some work on that hilt! I have tweaked the design to make it more streamlined but here is my original model as a sneak peek.

I am just softening some edges and adding/removing a few bits! Coming soon, promise! (Oh and check your inbox ok! Shh! Another sneak peek   Wink )

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #760 on: June 18, 2019, 10:10:13 PM »

You must have read my mind LR, I was just doing some work on that hilt! I have tweaked the design to make it more streamlined but here is my original model as a sneak peek.

I am just softening some edges and adding/removing a few bits! Coming soon, promise! (Oh and check your inbox ok! Shh! Another sneak peek   Wink )

<3 Thank you for the updates! Cheesy Looking forward to it!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #761 on: June 19, 2019, 11:16:46 AM »

Love those silver and gold sabers you have there, Tyeth! 

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #762 on: June 19, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »

<3 Thank you for the updates! Cheesy Looking forward to it!

Love those silver and gold sabers you have there, Tyeth! 

Thanks Lady Revan and Infinit, I have a couple of pictures for each of you...but I think my camera was playing up (or I need photography lessons  Grin ).

Here is your picture LR:

And I think you might like this hilt Infinit...

I tried to do some artistic outside shots Roll Eyes

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #763 on: June 22, 2019, 09:13:35 AM »

Hello Everybody,

Yes it's that time again for me to post my latest (and most difficult) build! The reason I found this hilt difficult to model was down to that S-Curve Emitter! It is so iconic and in engineering terms complex (as the geometry changes shape through all three axis). I tried all sorts of methods to replicate the shape until finally I resorted to using a real life saber building technique for cutting and shaping shroud materials - I used a template image. However in real life you physically wrap the paper template around your tube and take a bandsaw to it. In 3D modelling that isn't possible (afik) so I had to load the template into Blender so it appeared as a background image on three sides, then pulled the wireframe of the model into the correct position so it matched the images behind it. It was a tedious job, did I mention it had to be symmetrical too? Anyway enough talk here is Starkiller S-Curve..

Jedi Blue

Sith Apprentice Red

Unfortunately I have also been battling the worst chest infection I have ever had (had it more than a week and antibiotics are not working) but I used the opportunity to knuckle down and concentrate on finishing this hilt so I distracted myself from my illness  Tongue

However a lot of good came out of this hilt and what I learnt modelling it and I have as a result built another saber coming soon...and here is a sneak peek, any guesses what it is?.. Cool

I'll end here and say thanks for checking this hilt out. Now where's my hot lemon drinks, aspirin and duvet?

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #764 on: June 24, 2019, 01:14:21 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Yes it's that time again for me to post my latest (and most difficult) build! The reason I found this hilt difficult to model was down to that S-Curve Emitter! It is so iconic and in engineering terms complex (as the geometry changes shape through all three axis). I tried all sorts of methods to replicate the shape until finally I resorted to using a real life saber building technique for cutting and shaping shroud materials - I used a template image. However in real life you physically wrap the paper template around your tube and take a bandsaw to it. In 3D modelling that isn't possible (afik) so I had to load the template into Blender so it appeared as a background image on three sides, then pulled the wireframe of the model into the correct position so it matched the images behind it. It was a tedious job, did I mention it had to be symmetrical too? Anyway enough talk here is Starkiller S-Curve..

Jedi Blue

Sith Apprentice Red

Unfortunately I have also been battling the worst chest infection I have ever had (had it more than a week and antibiotics are not working) but I used the opportunity to knuckle down and concentrate on finishing this hilt so I distracted myself from my illness  Tongue

However a lot of good came out of this hilt and what I learnt modelling it and I have as a result built another saber coming soon...and here is a sneak peek, any guesses what it is?.. Cool

I'll end here and say thanks for checking this hilt out. Now where's my hot lemon drinks, aspirin and duvet?

Absolutely love the crystal chamber on this! Point!

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: