Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 440640 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #810 on: July 12, 2019, 02:34:10 AM »

Hi Logos and PsychoSith,

Thanks guys, I've been busy rendering Lady Revan's "Lost Veridian" ready for this weekend's postings so haven't been able to respond as quickly. When I have finished all these hilts I might treat myself and see if I can find a cheap copy of TFU and dig out my Playstation 2.

Anyhoo, I'd best get back to work!

*cheers for lost Viridian*

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #811 on: July 12, 2019, 01:07:57 PM »

Hi Logos and PsychoSith,

Thanks guys, I've been busy rendering Lady Revan's "Lost Veridian" ready for this weekend's postings so haven't been able to respond as quickly. When I have finished all these hilts I might treat myself and see if I can find a cheap copy of TFU and dig out my Playstation 2.

Anyhoo, I'd best get back to work!
If you have the option I highly recommend the PS3 version. Short but fracking awesome.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #812 on: July 12, 2019, 01:48:04 PM »

If you have the option I highly recommend the PS3 version. Short but fracking awesome.

Hi Darth Logos, thanks for the recommendation but I'm stuck with the PS2 for the moment as my PS3 failed. The vacuum disk loading system doesn't load the disc correctly onto the spindle and scratched my Pro Evolution Soccer disc so bad it won't play anymore. Couldn't afford to repair or replace the game or the console.

*cheers for lost Viridian*

And Hello Lady Revan, good news!...I have just uploaded and scheduled "The Lost Veridian" to publish on my site. It should go live around 12am GMT and will be available to post pictures here shortly afterwards....so just a few more hours to wait!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #813 on: July 12, 2019, 01:51:09 PM »

Hi Darth Logos, thanks for the recommendation but I'm stuck with the PS2 for the moment as my PS3 failed. The vacuum disk loading system doesn't load the disc correctly onto the spindle and scratched my Pro Evolution Soccer disc so bad it won't play anymore. Couldn't afford to repair or replace the game or the console.
BLARG! I have one of the G2s and my loader is dying as well. Of course the door on my PS2 is touchy. Sometimes I need a weight others not.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #814 on: July 12, 2019, 02:03:24 PM »

Hi again DL,

At least with a top loading console you can still load the disc onto the spindle. On the very old original Playstation if you were Sith minded and used Cheat Code cartridges you had prop the lid open with a small spring (or lump of modelling putty) to load and change the cheat disc for the game disc.

But I guess this just shows how old I am  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #815 on: July 12, 2019, 02:25:53 PM »

Hi again DL,

At least with a top loading console you can still load the disc onto the spindle. On the very old original Playstation if you were Sith minded and used Cheat Code cartridges you had prop the lid open with a small spring (or lump of modelling putty) to load and change the cheat disc for the game disc.

But I guess this just shows how old I am  Grin
The G2 PS2s had the same flip top, but there is a brake that stops the disc from spinning if the lid is open. The pin on the lid of the PS2 is sometimes in conflict with the spring that opens the lid, and it doesn't always keep the break released while closed. Angry

PS: You're not that old. Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #816 on: July 13, 2019, 04:19:01 AM »

Hello Everybody...and Lady Revan in particular,

I can now finally reveal "The Lost Veridian". It is apparently an ancient saber so I didn't go super fancy with it, I just tried to give it enough appeal to be interesting but not too advanced (though the Blender 3D techniques I used to model it were a little bit "Trick")

The Lost Veridian (Light first build):

This first build was just a test to try out an idea but to me looked too short and stubby. Plus I realised I made a stupid mistake and added too many ridges on the pommel, so it looked cluttered and fussy. This looked like a Minecraft lightsaber! I could do better so went back to work on it...these are the results...

Lost Veridian (Lightside):

And I also modelled a version as if it had been corrupted by the Darkside while it was deep in the distant jungle of Dxun (maybe)...

Lost Veridian (Darkside):

I apologise for it taking so long but I got sidetracked a little with requests and learning new techniques, however I always "finish what I started"! I hope you like it. Thanks everyone for looking in.

p.s. @Logos, thanks man I just "feel" old now and then.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #817 on: July 13, 2019, 06:16:44 AM »

Hello Everybody...and Lady Revan in particular,

I can now finally reveal "The Lost Veridian". It is apparently an ancient saber so I didn't go super fancy with it, I just tried to give it enough appeal to be interesting but not too advanced (though the Blender 3D techniques I used to model it were a little bit "Trick")

The Lost Veridian (Light first build):

This first build was just a test to try out an idea but to me looked too short and stubby. Plus I realised I made a stupid mistake and added too many ridges on the pommel, so it looked cluttered and fussy. This looked like a Minecraft lightsaber! I could do better so went back to work on it...these are the results...

Lost Veridian (Lightside):

And I also modelled a version as if it had been corrupted by the Darkside while it was deep in the distant jungle of Dxun (maybe)...

Lost Veridian (Darkside):

I apologise for it taking so long but I got sidetracked a little with requests and learning new techniques, however I always "finish what I started"! I hope you like it. Thanks everyone for looking in.

p.s. @Logos, thanks man I just "feel" old now and then.

That.  Is.  Incredible!

Wonderful saber FT, more so as it's provenance to LR's excellent story!

Point  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #818 on: July 13, 2019, 07:46:46 PM »

WOW!!! I don't usually like exposed crystal chambers, but this is very cool! Points to you and LR!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #819 on: July 13, 2019, 07:59:47 PM »

That.  Is.  Incredible!

Wonderful saber FT, more so as it's provenance to LR's excellent story!

Point  Smiley

Hello Dutch, this was an interesting hilt to model as I mentioned, it was meant to be an ancient blade so I couldn't go overboard and deck it out with greeblies and accent LEDs etc...but I still had to make it fairly interesting so I just went with mysterious! Glad you like it and thanks go to LR as you say for the story.

WOW!!! I don't usually like exposed crystal chambers, but this is very cool! Points to you and LR!

Hi Bob Loblaw, I was really pleased how that chamber worked out so I am real happy that you like it. It is  actually made using a cylinder and a set of struts...but here is the neat part, I used Blender to "mirror" the cylinder and rods to make the other half of the chamber automatically. But it isn't quite fully exposed...if you look closely there are transparent durasteel panels between the rods on the upper half of the chamber so it is semi-enclosed!

Thanks for the kind words to both of you and points on the way back!

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #820 on: July 14, 2019, 04:59:18 AM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I Love how the edit turned out! Like Bob, I'm not typically a fan of crystal chambers (since with how I use sabers, they're highly impractical XD) but I like how this one was tastefully done Cheesy Your designs never cease to amaze, For! Point!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #821 on: July 14, 2019, 05:19:30 AM »

Wow a very unique sabre indeed and great background to set the image off, as has been noted that really open crystal chamber is literally the jewel in the centre.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #822 on: July 14, 2019, 03:29:11 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I Love how the edit turned out! Like Bob, I'm not typically a fan of crystal chambers (since with how I use sabers, they're highly impractical XD) but I like how this one was tastefully done Cheesy Your designs never cease to amaze, For! Point!

Thanks so much Lady Revan, I tried to make the hilt and chamber look like an early period design, not too advanced but I did make the chamber a focal point. It has a Krayt Dragon style crystal which is again a little more complex than it seems - it is actually TWO spheres, one smaller globe that is set to give off light and a second transparent ball with a speckled texture to replicate inclusions.

I am so pleased you like it, and if you would like more pics let me know and I can send you a link to my other platform or a package of images direct.
point on it's way to you

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #823 on: July 14, 2019, 03:41:52 PM »

Wow a very unique sabre indeed and great background to set the image off, as has been noted that really open crystal chamber is literally the jewel in the centre.

Hello Lord_S_Gray, and many thanks to you also. As I just commented to Lady Revan the chamber (and viridian blade) had to be the focal point of the hilt as the body of the saber was so basic.

The background is some of the scenery around my neighbo....ok not really, it is just a photo background! It is what is known as a 360 degree Environmental Background which when used in Blender allows you to recreate the picture as a 3D scenery space. You can then position your model within that space making it appear to be in the jungles of Dxun! (or wherever you have pictures of!)

point on the way to you.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #824 on: July 14, 2019, 12:34:06 PM »

That's another great looking design my friend. Point to you!  Shocked

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: